Sign in to follow this  
ManBearPig

Team KY at fargo

Pretty much the same as the rest of the tourneys in the country you can't turn a certain age before a certain date usually sept 1 .Three yr eligibility for JR'S two for cadets I think .

On to the Tournament Good luck to everyone .

ATM gets the 1 seed at HVY in a much bigger than usual heavyweight class .Gonna be a War

Osawaru Odighizuwa the kid Austin has in the finals is a stud should be fun to watch

This is the semi finals.  But it will be good for sure, Osawaru is no chump.  Would be good to see Austin win, and Vough from Ohio win.  Heck of a finals match there, KY State Champ vs. OH State Champ in the finals.

Osawaru pinned vough in 18 sec a few days ago .This should be the finals and probably would have been had they not switched the bracket around last min .Austin has outdone himself wrestling and beating state and regional champs in the heavyweight class after being 220 his whole HS career .A couple more wins would be great .Why the brackets were switched anyone's guess but Vough being shut out in greco after losing to osawaru the #1 ranked heavy in the country may have had something to do with it .Good luck to Austin he hasn't wrestled anyone under 270 yet and has won so much for the doubters who think he is to small for heavy .

Joe Carr Jr. made the finals in 1997, lost to Sonny Marchete 5-1 at 143lbs. Don't know if any others, could be.

I thought Joe Carr Jr made the finals thanks for the confirmation

Wouldn't ending his high school career beating the Ohio state champ be the cherry on top lol

Osawaru pinned vough in 18 sec a few days ago .This should be the finals and probably would have been had they not switched the bracket around last min .Austin has outdone himself wrestling and beating state and regional champs in the heavyweight class after being 220 his whole HS career .A couple more wins would be great .Why the brackets were switched anyone's guess but Vough being shut out in greco after losing to osawaru the #1 ranked heavy in the country may have had something to do with it .Good luck to Austin he hasn't wrestled anyone under 270 yet and has won so much for the doubters who think he is to small for heavy .

I saw that my buddy's little brother (who was the Greco champ) left after originally being signed up to wrestle freestyle as well. Could that be the reason for the last second bracket shuffle?

• Upvote 1

I'm sure there are lots of reasons but Austins road got a lot tougher after the change and Vough got pretty much a cakewalk I guarantee the 1 3 and 5 all come from Austins side of the bracket now .All the winners.Go Austin

I saw that my buddy's little brother (who was the Greco champ) left after originally being signed up to wrestle freestyle as well. Could that be the reason for the last second bracket shuffle?

That would be my thoughts, typically bracket re draws are only when someone doesn't make weight or withdraws.  Seeding doesn't change though, unless it was a seeded wrestler who didn't make weight/withdrew.  If the guy withdrew was seeded then the seeds would change, which could be the case here.  Vough was 3, that guy was 4, Osawaru was 5 maybe?  Don't know the criteria, or who was seeded what.  But that would be the only reason for a redraw, rebracket.

I saw the Greco results for Osawaru and Vough, however I think they have the seeds and the brackets done prior to the Greco start, therefore those results I do not believe play a roll in the freestyle seeding.  I could be wrong also, it's been YEARS since I partook in those events.

Winner. No conspiracy, sorry.

AUSTIN WAS 1 VOUGH AND Osawaru were 2 and 3

Gremmell also a level 4 along with osawaru and Vough was on Austins side .The greco champ leaving would not effect the top 4 seeds .vough losing in greco probably made ohio want the bracket switched and the greco guy bowed out before first bracket was drawn up .Then it switched shortly before tourney began .Conspiracy or whatever it gave vough the easy road .Otto winner no conspiracy what are u talking about.

GRECO CHAMP HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FREE STYLE TOP GUYS

AUSTIN WAS 1 VOUGH AND Osawaru were 2 and 3

Gremmell also a level 4 along with osawaru and Vough was on Austins side .The greco champ leaving would not effect the top 4 seeds .vough losing in greco probably made ohio want the bracket switched and the greco guy bowed out before first bracket was drawn up .Then it switched shortly before tourney began .Conspiracy or whatever it gave vough the easy road .Otto winner no conspiracy what are u talking about.

One side of bracket has Level: 3, 4, 5, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10. Or nine guys (including a level 10). Average level 6.78. Opposite bracket has Level: 4, 4, 5, 6, 8, 8, 9, 9. Or eight guys. Average level 6.63. Each side has three guys at Level 5 or better. What do you think should have been done to even this out? Maybe they should have moved either Odighizuwa or Austin to opposite bracket? Or switch Austin with Vough? I could see that. In any case, good luck against Odighizuwa (glad I can type it, 'cuz I don't think I can pronounce it!). 

AUSTIN WAS A LEVEL 3 VOUGH OSAWARU AND GREMMELL WERE 4 GREMMELL AND AUSTIN WERE THE SAME SIDE ON ORIGINAL BRACKET VOUGH OSuwara were on opposite side Austin being the 1 pretty simple to see Why they switched it let's not play games or pretend you know everything for a change Austin earned the top spot through his work vough and OSuwara were 2 n 3 with OSuwara being clearly the 2 guy it's obvious,like I said the best guys are all on the top minus vough and the placings will show it .

As in when Jiovenetta pulled out of the freestyle tournament they had to redo the brackets at the last second. The reshuffle hurt Austin and helped Vough yes, that comes down to how they did the reshuffle.

But I think the reshuffle properly occurred because a guy left the bracket at the last second. I was all excited because I think Austin and Dante were on the same side and I wanted to watch them wrestle since Dante had a lot of size on Austin but Austin had a better motor then suddenly Dante posts a picture to facebook of him getting onto a plane with his stop sign.

I guess him and his dad decided that since he already got his title there was no need to stay, but I don't know what exactly happened there. I suppose I could ask my buddy why Dante left when they had already put him in the freestyle bracket.

• Upvote 1

One side of bracket has Level: 3, 4, 5, 7, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10. Or nine guys (including a level 10). Average level 6.78. Opposite bracket has Level: 4, 4, 5, 6, 8, 8, 9, 9. Or eight guys. Average level 6.63. Each side has three guys at Level 5 or better. What do you think should have been done to even this out? Maybe they should have moved either Odighizuwa or Austin to opposite bracket? Or switch Austin with Vough? I could see that. In any case, good luck against Odighizuwa (glad I can type it, 'cuz I don't think I can pronounce it!). 

I heard them announce it over the PA, it isn't that hard to pronounce suprisingly. 

I love watching him wrestle he is a physical specimen and will be a great 197 (I thought I saw somewhere he was going football but I guess I was mistaken since I saw he is going to wrestle for Oregon State). 

Austin will benefit from the fact that Odighizuwa isn't that big, he may be somewhat close to Austin's strength level but I think if Austin wrestles smart and stays low he will handle him just fine.

• Upvote 1

Casey Cornett had a good run at Fargo, finished 5-2 overall. Not too bad for his first shot at it and with more freestyle training he will come back full force in the next 2 yrs.

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this