Sign in to follow this  
enthusiast

NHSCA Virginia Beach

2 champs. 3 finalists. 5 AAs. Not too bad. And I saw a bunch of other kids competing pretty well and winning matches.

And big props to coaches like Ethan Miller who traveled out on their own time and expense to support their wrestlers. Much easier for guys like me who actually have a kid competing.

Wildcat no one likes u go crawl back under your rock .

AUSTIN OUT WORKS Brinson Out wrestles him and wins SR OW after a year of out working out wrestling out traveling everyone in his class in the Country .Austin Tyler Cornett and all the KY kids did work .Loved seeing Austin and Frankrone preparing together much thanks to all the CC faithful and to Austins old Coach Root for Stepping in in the Finals .Bankamper Bogs Yenter Sparh Wilders and all at CC did right by Austin always as he did them his state and his family .I think KY wrestling should boot those who are negative to my wrestling .

AND YEAH WE TRAIN AND RUN WITH THE BEST YOUR EITHER WITH US OR AGAINST USB AND YOU DON'T WANT TO BE AGAINST US WR NEVER RUN WE NEVER BACK DOWN We ALWAYS ATTACK .

LOL Roth and Moore from WV there supporting the Woodford guys Castellano from Sk all helping and cheering it was the best and most stressful weekend ever .

And ATM and SAM and everyone else from KY all worked together wonderfully it was Storybook Austin and Tyler wanted Cornett to win in the worst way and he came so close but 3 finalists is awesome .And Austin had the tough side he had to earn it against two kids who have been nationally ranked for yrs.

GETTING READY FOR COLLEGE CHECK THAT RIDING TIME WHOOOOO

• Downvote 1

BEST COACH /Corner Man in Kentucky History Stephen Myers leaves Frankones corner as he wins finals then runs to Austins to help coach him 2 for 2 at NHSCA nationals .LOL true story , A fun day for him after a long time still recovering .

NOT GOING TO CLAIM THEY WON BECAUSE OF HIM LOL JUST SAYING It WAS COOl although Austin could not have won without him .KY TAKING CARE OF KY TEAM KY IN THE HOUSE Haha got some Cool pics/video of Tyler and Austin after their wins posing for Cliff Keen.

best served GOLD!

And that is exactly how things went for West Virginia bound big man Austin Myers who defeated Kenny Brinson 8-5 to take home his third NHSCA National title. It was just a season ago that Myers was defeated by Brinson to win his third title and that was all that Myers had on his mind when he and Brinson met for the second straight year in the finals.

The deciding factor for the Myers were the three backpoints he picked up to take the lead before riding out Brinson and killing his chances of joining the NHSCA four-timers club.

After the action packed match, Myers went to say that revenge was definitely on his mind.

“He took my chance for four titles, so I had to take his,” Myers said after the match.

En route to his third title, Myers recorded three straight pins – all in less than 40 seconds – before a pair of decisions in the semis and finals. His great performance, which was highlighted by his win over Brinson in the final, makes Austin Myers the FloWrestler of the Week presented by Cliff Keen.

Just watched Austin's match on Flo. Brinson is one tough guy. Has heavy hands and one heck of a nice sweep single. Austin comes back tough though. Gets his first takedown by relentless attacking and then almost hits a sweet inside leg trip. The 3rd period was all Austin. Lots of top pressure keeping Brinson on his hands. Nice use of his (Austin's) right leg too. He kept bumping Brinson at the elbow to stay in control. When Brinson musters up the energy to stand up, he gets rewarded with an explosive crotch lift and a nice resting place on his back to start counting the lights. Outstanding ride out in the period. In college, that would have been a 9-3 match due to riding time. Great match with lots of excitement. Great job Austin. Best of luck at Flo, Fargo, and West Virginia!

FLO FRONT PAGE TOP NOW Mountaineer Muscled Lol Awesome stuff .Story book for sure and Brinson is a beast on his feet with lightning fast shots .But as I said before He's a great Athlete Austins a great all around wrestler and it takes all aspects .Very proud of Austin match was almost the same as last yr going into 3rd same score same scenario different outcome .AUSTIN HAD THE TOUGHEST ROUTE THROUGH Butterbrodt who is no slouch either .He wrestled smart all week turned it on when he could and should and studied his opponents .

THEY GOT HIS NAME WRONG smh lol about the only complaint I could have some pretty great coverage of the Ky boys

Austin is a great wrestler good for him. Congrats he represents well. That brinson is an athlete it depresses me to think how great he is at wrestling and to think he's up there with a wrestler like Austin and it isn't even his favorite or best sport and he has a 33 on his ACT what a kid. Great win for Austin I was just impressed with the other kids stats excluding wrestling

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this