Sign in to follow this  
Keepyourheadup

Here we go

Lol,so you really think he was celebrating a 2nd round match that hard.And you are going to compare that to an actual shooting,lol please.It was stupid i agree but maybe if pro athletes didn't give these kids dumb ideas they wouldn't do some of the things theydo,for example Aaron Rogers always pretending to pull 2 guns out of a holster and shoot them after scoring a touchdown.I don't see anyone camparing that to actual shootings

Wasn't there and didn't see it, but if he did motion or mimick a shooting action towards an opponent that he just defeated, it could easily be construed as flagrant misconduct resulting in ejection and loss of team points.

Learning the hard way - second week of the season, sure I buy it. State championship - terrible.

Hope he continues to wrestle well!

Looks like a two horse race at the moment, barring say a comeback akin to St. Xavier's during the semi rounds a couple years back

Fern Creek has

5 in the semi's (113, 120, 132, 152, and 195)

5 still alive in consi's (106, 126, 138, 145, and 170)

Union County has

4 in the semi's (106, 120, 145, and 220)

5 still alive in consi's (132, 152, 160, 195, and 285)

The semifinal round might decide it. Union has two favored to make the finals, Fern Creek has 3-4

No he wasn't making a shooting jesture toward his opponent it is part of a song,it was stupid,he got punished,and he should have.but you can't say kids jumping and running into the stands after their finals win is any worse?

No he wasn't making a shooting jesture toward his opponent it is part of a song,it was stupid,he got punished,and he should have.but you can't say kids jumping and running into the stands after their finals win is any worse?

I don't think it is necessarily worse.  I think that the intent was innocent, but in this day and age, you just simply can't make gun motions with your hands.  If he pointed them to the ceiling or to the stands, I don't think it warrants anything.  Towards your opponent (again i wasn't there and he might not have at all - so don't hold it to me!) is a different story.

With how close its going to be between Union County and Fern Creek, that 1 point might be a huge point!

Bestmistake i agree and if fc losses by a point i told aj i would be the most embarrassed parent in the gym,but the intent wasn't malicious but the call was justified.

Bestmistake i agree and if fc losses by a point i told aj i would be the most embarrassed parent in the gym,but the intent wasn't malicious but the call was justified.

Fair enough!  good luck in the finals!

Zane Brown may be one of the most polished 8th Graders I have ever seen, this kid will be a legend

Completely agree the kid is a beast!

how do you give the kid 2 then take it away? There was 1 sec left. Jmo

The issue was the timekeeper didn't start the clock right away, so when whistle blew, the timekeeper said he didn't start clock on time and match should have been over 5 seconds ago. So had clock started correctly, the takedown would not have happened.That is why Ashford got the win.

Sign in to follow this