Sign in to follow this  
louwrestfan

region predicitions

I will give it go for Region 6:  Big time Cooper fan...don't crush me for it.

CC 194 points;  9 to state

Cooper 176 points; 8 to state

Ryle 146 points, 7 to state

SK 107 points, 5 to state

Scott 101 points, 5 to state

WV 90 points, 5 to state 

Ok this isn't a team prediction but I predict region 6 (220's) top 2 will finish state champ and runner up in ATM (champ) yes I know really going on a limb there lol but I do think the runner up Hamedian from Boone will finish runner up at state as well.

Just A Shot In The Dark But (if these regions are right)

Region 1-Union

Region 2-Central Hardin

Region 3-Fern Creek

Region 4-St.X

Region 5-Trinity

Region 6-Campbell

Region 7-Lafeyette

Region 8-Harrison

Is'nt St. X and Trinity in the same region?

St. Xavier and Trinity are both in region 4 which is stacked along with Male, Moore, Manual, Central and even teams like Atherton are vastly improved.

Region 5 has the Oldhams, Woodford, Anderson, Scott Co. etc...

considering I've seen most if not all the top teams this season in my copious travels...

Region 1: Union Co (is there anyone who can even stay within 100pts of them?!)

Region 2: Meade is the clear cut favorite simply because they field a FULL 14 weights which is more than any other team in this region can say. But, and I never thought I'd say these words, LaRue is a better tournament team this season so they have an extremely outside shot. Don't count out North Hardin either. 

Region 3: Fern Creek 

Region 4: Dogfight between St. X and Trinity (Lou.) with Male having an outside shot

Region 5: Oldham Co is the favorite to me with Woodford having a shot with a few upsets

Region 6: Campbell Co

Region 7: Call me crazy but I like Wayne Co here. Lafayette and Henry Clay will push them but after a disappointing showing at State Duels I think the young Cardinals will be looking for redemption.

Region 8: I haven't seen many of these teams, but from what I've heard, this could be a region that isn't decided until the finals. Johnson Central, Montgomery and Harrison all have to be the favorites here.

State Tournament will start this weekend folks!!! How many wrestlers finish in their region will determine where they have a chance to finish at State Tournament. Draws and how you finish will play a HUGE HUGE roll in how many wrestlers (and also teams) will finish in Lexington on the 20th and 21st this season.

WV 90 points, 5 to state 

Good call on Cooper plenty of top notch wrestlers there it will be close for second, but I cannot pull the trigger and call it. I also like Scott to be a spoiler.

1.CC

2.Ryle

3.Cooper

4.Scott

5. W.V.

6.Tie S.K

6.Tie Newport

7.Dixie Hts.

8. Holmes

9. Covington Cath.

"Region 7: Call me crazy but I like Wayne Co here. Lafayette and Henry Clay will push them but after a disappointing showing at State Duels I think the young Cardinals will be looking for redemption."

think it should be tight race between those three. Sounds like Wayne is peaking at a good time, heard they defeated Harrison County pretty good sat at jtown. Not sure if Harrison was at full strength though. Lafayette will be hurting points wise without Jon Green. And Henry Clay doesnt have Gawthorp now at 220, so they will be looking for extra points from guys to make up. After a couple upsets at city last week, should see some good matches between some tough lexington kids.

I don't see how Male has an outside shot at Region 4.

I think Male is fourth behind St. X, Trinithy and Manual.

Really tough region with some outstanding wrestlers from Central, Eastern, Moore and others as well.

I don't see how Male has an outside shot at Region 4.

I think Male is fourth behind St. X, Trinithy and Manual.

Really tough region with some outstanding wrestlers from Central, Eastern, Moore and others as well.

I think Male will be right there in 3rd. Unfortunately they are in with Trinity and Stx, I think in 4 or 5 other regions, they would be competing to be a region champion. Great job for a 4th year team

WV 90 points, 5 to state

Scott will take more than 5!!

I think Male will be right there in 3rd. Unfortunately they are in with Trinity and Stx, I think in 4 or 5 other regions, they would be competing to be a region champion. Great job for a 4th year team

Yes, Male is much improved with some good wrestlers and a lot of kids this year.

A bit of a brighter outlook for Cooper than I expect they have some legit studs but at state I doubt they end up very close to Ryle And I will.take Ryle to be runner ups at region comfortably .

"Region 7: Call me crazy but I like Wayne Co here. Lafayette and Henry Clay will push them but after a disappointing showing at State Duels I think the young Cardinals will be looking for redemption."

think it should be tight race between those three. Sounds like Wayne is peaking at a good time, heard they defeated Harrison County pretty good sat at jtown. Not sure if Harrison was at full strength though. Lafayette will be hurting points wise without Jon Green. And Henry Clay doesnt have Gawthorp now at 220, so they will be looking for extra points from guys to make up. After a couple upsets at city last week, should see some good matches between some tough lexington kids.

Wayne County is wrestling tough, HC wasnt at full strength, we were resting some guys before regions but nevertheless Wayne county put on a great showing at the Charger Classic and wrestled tough.  They will compete for the region 7 title for sure. As always they are deadly with the headlock.  Taylor from HC had a great match with Cecil from Wayne.  Look out for both of those boys at 160.

Manual 46, male 24 this past Saturday duals

Region is not duals format and Male had 3 wrestlers at m.s. state. 2 runners up and a state champ and m.o.w. I'm pretty sure that dual would have gone a bit different. Manual is a good team, but in tournaments at this time, I feel male has the advantage. They just won ft knox that had woodford, Lafayette, and Montgomery Co there. That's most impressive to me the a dual win over a team without 3 starters in the line up.

HELP!!! Can a kids weight class be changed after regional seed meeting? We had a kid put into a weight class with out wrestling off for a spot (coaches kid) the last time the kids wrestled off his son lost back to back matches.. What do we do?

HELP!!! Can a kids weight class be changed after regional seed meeting? We had a kid put into a weight class with out wrestling off for a spot (coaches kid) the last time the kids wrestled off his son lost back to back matches.. What do we do?

in region 7 coaches are allowed to make changes, I do not know about other regions, but I'd assume all would allow this. We have to allow for changes, kid switches or weight switches

Sign in to follow this