Sign in to follow this  
Eminent

Upset alert at state

If he don't get in trouble for throwing he got warned like 5 times in regions with my son he did not take one shot the whole time i watched him maybe he's saving it for state

I think the first 1 vs 4 upset will be in the 92lbs class.  Although Giannone won Region 4, he has to face Ryle's Caggiano who paced 4th at Region and has been ranked in the top 8 all year.  Kid is tough....Bad draw for Giannone.

Giannone is solid, don't think he was scored on during districts or regions. I know he's a one seed, but he could be a sleeper and not many people are saying much about him.

Mom of 2 I saw the match you speak of. The miller kid took several shots and finished most of them. He was warned once for taking your son down too hard. He was warned a couple times for locking hands as well. the Shots he did take he got in deep on all of them and he finishes strong. Good luck to your kid, I hope he does great. I hope all the kids wrestle their tails off and they all walk out with their heads held high.

Maybe lol I'm notin argument with lol I was really too into just praying at that point in meet ! Good luck to everybody today mine is not making weight to wrestle

Great Job to Noah Duke. A 5th grader making it to the finals. He has a great future ahead.

Noah wrestled with some emotion Saturday! The upset of Insko was a great match between 2 great kids. The finals with Yost just seemed to be too much to ask for twice in one day. Super proud of Noah Duke and the rest of our Raider boys who placed at MS State. Cole Thomas 70lb 5th as a 5th grader, Connor Lee 4th as a 6th grader and Dominic Caggiano 5th as an 8th grader. Ryle takes 2nd!

We're very proud of the whole Johnson County team they all wrestled great as a team. But I want to give a shout out to my son Blue Fletcher for placing 4th as a 5th grader. Also want to give Noah Duke some praise for placing 2nd as a 5th grader. This state has some great young wrestlers right now it's future is bright.

Trey lost on a questionable call in overtime to Roane. I know the Woodford Coaches protested the match for atleast an hour. Then after Miller slammemed Trey backwards on his head. Trey wasnt the same rest of the day.

Here is what happened at the 113:

Trey Barber lost to Rone in the quarter finals

Marshall Royce almost caused an upset long to Jared Kelsay in OT

Rone lost to Jack Fuller in Semi Finals

Greg Miller was disqualified for hitting a nasty illegal throw on Barber

Royce beat Barber and gave him a broken nose

Kelsay lost by 1 in the finals to fuller

Royce lost by 1 in the battle for 3rd against Rone due to a locking hands call. But what happened was Rone hit a illegal headbutt on Royce and it really shook up Royce and he had the option to DQ Rone and get third automatically but he decided to wrestle it out showing great commitment and sacrifice and came back from 5-0 to make it 5-5 with an outstanding 3rd period but locked his hands but great sportsmanship not quitting and wrestling it out.