Sign in to follow this  
B10grapple

Region 7 Rankings 1/9

Please feel free to way in with your thoughts.  Based these on Track results which are not always the best.  In some weights it was difficult to find a top 5.  I think the weights are mostly settled.

Adam Bender - Lexington Catholic

Gentry Deck - Madison Central

Brandon Miller - Henry Clay

Bradley Miller - Henry Clay

Cauy Wallace - Wayne County

Kevin Richards - Henry Clay

Cagen Wallace - Wayne County

Jonathan Gadd - Madison Central

Zach Goodpaster - Dunbar

Michael Allen - Lafayette

Zach Philipps - Danville

Jacob Dodd - Wayne County

William Keeney - Madison Central

Tyler Storck - Henry Clay

Josiah Bertrand - Madison Southern

Derek Soper - Bryan Station

Trevor Edmonson - Wayne County

Garron Moody - Danville

Luis Paredes - Dunbar

Aaron Flenner - Madison Central

Cameron Nevels - Wayne County

Kevin Vasquez - Lafayette

Ryan McManus - Madison Central

Dylan Gradone - Henry Clay

Alex Mattingly - Dunbar

Angel Vasquez - Lafayette

JD Criswell - Wayne County

Lucas McCain - Boyle County

Christian Shelby - Henry Clay

Darrell Richardson - Tates Creek

Justin Torgerson - Lafayette

Elias Eqal - Tates Creek

Tanner Stuart - Dunbar

Brennan Ball - Henry Clay

Brody Stevens - Bryan Station

Chris Morrow - Madison Central

Odeh Eqal - Tates Creek

Ryan Strunk - McCreary Central

Daniel Hoskins - Wayne County

Stephen Leddy - Dunbar

Cecil Nevels - Wayne County

Joey Scribano - Madison Southern

Gavin Williams - Madison Central

Don Harris - Danville

Mahmoud Nasser - Tates Creek

Brandon Devins - Boyle County

Nathan Prosser - McCreary Central

Dylan Mayes - Madison Central

Luke Bray - Whitley County

Barkley Truax - Tates Creek

Dameon Black - Lafayette

Josh Robbins - Boyle County

Ray Irving - Henry Clay

Seamus Sallee - Danville

Jack Lindsey - Madison Central

William Bossert - Lafayette

Hamilton Young - Danville

Seth Anderson - McCreary Central

Fatu Sevelo - Madison Southern

Darren Mullis - Whitley County

Eli Gawthorpe - Henry Clay

Justus Williams - Madison Southern

Nathanal Prosser - McCreary Central

Dezmon Black - Lafayette

Jose Martinez - Tates Creek

Landon Young - Lafayette

Rodney Rednour - Wayne County

Corbin Couch - Madison Central

Curtis Matthews - Boyle County

Chris Benton - Henry Clay

I think at 132 Brady Gibson will be in the mix, he's already beat Mattingly. He had been at 138 earlier this yr.

182- Black won a tough match against Robbins I saw earlier this year, but I think Robbins wins next time

I also like Williams to win it at 220.

Looks good to me. The only difference I have is at 106. I believe it's a toss up for 1st and 2nd, but I think Deck has a win over Bender. Both are great kids, either could win on any given day. Good luck to all.

Bender lost to Deck 3-1 in OT at Lafayette.  Since then Bender has won the WCI and the TCI, getting the OW award in both.  In doing so he beat Tucker from Woodford who stuck Deck at Lafayette in the finals.  I think Bender wins a rematch with Deck.  Brady Gibson has also looked good as Coach Teacher said, I look for him to be in the mix next year for sure, if not this year.

You're definitely right about Brady Gibson.  That is a miss on my part.  I would re-order it this way:

Cameron Nevels - Wayne County

Kevin Vasquez - Lafayette

Ryan McManus - Madison Central

Brady Gibson - Tates Creek

Dylan Gradone - Henry Clay

Also at 145 outside of Torgerson the next 4 are a toss up if it stays this way at Regionals.

Bender is TOUGH on top.  And I haven't seen a kid yet that has been able to snap him and control him in the neutral position, which is really your only option.  Only time I saw Deck was when Tucker pinned him so I can't really speak to his skill.

Lookin forward to Bender v Tucker again.

The 7th region usually surprises in a positive way at state. I'll go conservatively and say 8 placers. If you look at the rosters of all the teams in this region they are all very young. The vast majority of teams in this region are dominated by youth this season. Besides 4-5 teams the talent at different schools/regions has always been cyclical regardless of location.

How many state placers out of this region? I see 4.

There is a chance of more then four just from Lafayette. They have 3 multiple time places returning (if Jon green wrestles, 2 if not) they have potential for as many as 6 or 7 places if brackets go good

I can see Jacob Dawson from Lafayette at 152 in top 3. I can also see Kevin beating Cameron Nevels from Wayne county. His just in 9th but he has being improving week after week working out with his brother angel Vasquez. Another good news for the generals is that Jon green is back and I can see him winning his weight class.

After looking at Track Wrestling, it does not appear that Cameron Nevels has wrestled any real competition. I agree that Keven Vasquez has a strong chance of winning 1st in the region at 132.

J

After looking at Track Wrestling, it does not appear that Cameron Nevels has wrestled any real competition. I agree that Keven Vasquez has a strong chance of winning 1st in the region at 132.

Underestimating Wayne Co. would be a bad idea. Kevin Vasquez might win the region but I watched him get stuck yesterday by Jordan Kerr from Henry Clay so it won't be easy.

Obviously I missed something wih jordan Kerr. There will be changed this week. All opinions welcome as I haven't seen some if these teams and there seems to be a lot of weight jumping for some reason.

Kevin was dominating that match. Kid got lucky and stucked him but it won't happen again and it will be proven at the city tournament.

On his feet yes. On the mat not hardly. The score when Kerr pinned him was 5-5. In no way shape or form is that domination. I think Kevin Vasquez is a great young wrestler. I have no attachment and can look at things for how they were. I wish them both the best.

Bender lost to Deck 3-1 in OT at Lafayette. Since then Bender has won the WCI and the TCI, getting the OW award in both. In doing so he beat Tucker from Woodford who stuck Deck at Lafayette in the finals. I think Bender wins a rematch with Deck. Brady Gibson has also looked good as Coach Teacher said, I look for him to be in the mix next year for sure, if not this year.

Win at WCI was due to a very questionable call, and he always wins MOW when he wins a tourney. Great kid though, and I agree he probably beats Deck in a rematch, but Deck wrestles smart and stays in good position so you never know. Also Bradley Miller almost upset Deck at middle school district this past weekend with Deck needing a last second reversal to pull it off. Should be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

The results in Track for sectioinal duals are all kinds of messed up.  There aren't many results in there.  Of the few I've seen, I know some of them to be wrong.  How does that happen and how does it get corrected?

Sign in to follow this