Sign in to follow this  
tja

most intriguing storyline going into the season?

Not sure how it will shake out but 106-Tucker  113-Fallon  120-Hurst  126-Roberts  is a good collection of lower weights and 4 guys who will all challenge for top 5 in their weight.

Add in Andreoni and if Woodford can find 2-3 more placers somewhere in the lineup they could make some noise in February. 

They will definitely score some points with that line up and I dare say if Mr. Hurst is at 120 there will be fireworks with him and Mr. Sheffer a very entertaining affair.

They will definitely score some points with that line up and I dare say if Mr. Hurst is at 120 there will be fireworks with him and Mr. Sheffer a very entertaining affair.

I loved watching boys these guys last year win titles. I think Sheffer is better than Hurst by 5-10 points. Sheffer has much better technique. I also think if any of the returning high placers at 120, Erdman 2nd, Potyner 3rd, Miller 4th make it back down they will be favorites over Hurst. Add these placers plus Sheffer good weight to watch.

I loved watching boys these guys last year win titles. I think Sheffer is better than Hurst by 5-10 points. Sheffer has much better technique. I also think if any of the returning high placers at 120, Erdman 2nd, Potyner 3rd, Miller 4th make it back down they will be favorites over Hurst. Add these placers plus Sheffer good weight to watch.

Hurst lost one match in state, in double OT, to the guy he then beat twice including in the state finals. He beat Poytner couple years ago. He won Tournament of Champions in Ohio this summer at 120.  Not sure he is getting majored by anyone regardless of weight class.  Sheffer is a stud and since he's in the Union room will only get better each year. I can't wait to see that match.

No one gave any credit to Hurst last year and he won it, looks like he's in the same spot this year. Great kid and wish him best of luck, I think he will be right there in the mix again this year.

• Upvote 1

He's ranked #2 at 120 lbs.  That's not exactly disrespect.  Definitely a contender at 120 lbs.  Any bigger than that, he might be smallish of the weight class unless he's hit a major growth spurt.

*for the weight class.

Erdman won't be at 120 I can promise you that. My guess is Poynter  and Miller will be at 126 or 32.

Looks like a lot of fireworks in the lower weights this year! Duncan and Erdman could both probably go 126 or 132. Binder seems set to not cut a ton this season, so 132 is looking pretty clear. Throw in Poynter, Miller, Scheffer, Hurst, Johnson, and others I'm leaving out and we've got some good wrestling to watch with the "no body fat club".

Woodford will have a great lineup if they can plug a few spots.

He's ranked #2 at 120 lbs. That's not exactly disrespect. Definitely a contender at 120 lbs. Any bigger than that, he might be smallish of the weight class unless he's hit a major growth spurt.

*for the weight class.

Erdman won't be at 120 I can promise you that. My guess is Poynter and Miller will be at 126 or 32.

I just ment in general on here by people posting. It is good to see him get the respect of ranger and have him at two, but like last year, I see comments that make him sound like he's not even a top 5 guy.

Tucker has always been a favorite of mine to watch.  Much respect from me.  I think there's no reason to believe he couldn't be in the finals competing for a 2nd this year.

2nd title

Looks like a lot of fireworks in the lower weights this year! Duncan and Erdman could both probably go 126 or 132. Binder seems set to not cut a ton this season, so 132 is looking pretty clear. Throw in Poynter, Miller, Scheffer, Hurst, Johnson, and others I'm leaving out and we've got some good wrestling to watch with the "no body fat club".

Woodford will have a great lineup if they can plug a few spots.

That's funny the "no body fat club":)

These boys are lean machines, thats for sure.

Clayton Hanson will be at 120. Jake Burroughs will be at 126. Clayton has been as heavy as 132 . Jake has as heavy as 142. Both boys of been working hard all summer. Pounding the mats and weights.

Coach Teater has a point but I wouldn't blame the ranking guys or forum posters for overlooking Hurst.  He wrestled his 8th grade year well under 106 and still won a match at state and then got pushed up to 120 his freshman year when kids from out of state moved into Woodford (no shame in losing a varsity spot to Boston...that kinda thing happens). But he never weighed 120 or 122 then...more like 115, with no muscle. Still won some matches at state and should've probably placed. Lost a close 2pt match to Elijah Owens 2nd round who went on to place (Owens lost to Austin, Whalen and Poytner and placed 6th...not too shabby).  Then in 2014 Hurst was at his weight and healthy and well he pretty much dominated 106 with the exception of the great matches he had with Hernandez. But no more flying under the radar.  He has a target now and if he goes 113, 120 or 126 folks will be gunning for him.  Couple fun seasons still ahead for a sound wrestler who I swear I have never seen get tired. Engine never stops goin.  Reminds me a lot of his cousins  Shane and Rusty Parks....also state champs and now his coach.

Damn, looked again at the different weight classes. It appears that unless some kids out there have improved leaps and bounds, 145 is Heidorf's to lose. I saw him wrestle scholastic duals and he looked great....don't think he lost. He's got Joey Parrott in the room with him too.

Sign in to follow this