Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Middle School Rankings 2014/15 - PRESEASON August 27

Well, Dutch and I finally got enough pulled together to start this discussion.  Middle school is so much harder, especially with the big guys because we lose some of the grade info and I don't include kids that I'm not sure are still in MS.  So give us some feedback on the list and please give us some big guys to include next go around; we actually have a couple EMPTY weights.

As for kids who are looking amazing heading into the season:

Gavin Brown - if he weighed more than 80 pounds he could easily compete with the HS 106 pounders

Zeke Escalera - amazing 1-2 punch here for Union

Zane Brown - been training hard at ETC and looks to be one of the most improved wrestlers I have seen

Nate Wheeler - also been killing it at ETC and will be very tough

Micah Ervin - is maturing and starting to wrestle like an Ervin, don't need to say much more

Jake Insko - another western ky kid who has spent a lot of time on the mat and will be very much improved this year

WR Rankings 2014_15 Middle School 082714.pdf

Chase Yost has been working as hard as anyone this summer. He just took second at the viper pit great kid. 

Others to watch Jerry Simpson, Moragan Sallee had a chance to work with both of them this summer big improvement.

I know that I am gone, but if you would start using trackwrestling from the district tourney through the state tourney, you could have their grades recorded and kept from year to year on a website that all could access or continue to have everyone using what ever system they want and never know from year to year.

Anyways - Good luck Kentucky Wrestlers.

I know that I am gone, but if you would start using trackwrestling from the district tourney through the state tourney, you could have their grades recorded and kept from year to year on a website that all could access or continue to have everyone using what ever system they want and never know from year to year.

Anyways - Good luck Kentucky Wrestlers.

Jory - That's a great idea! Hope your boys are doing well! 

Coach Leavell

Christen Estrada will be at 113

Zeke Escalera is one of the most exciting young wrestlers I have seen so skilled at such a young age him and Gavin can compete with anyone in the country and so can a lot of our other youngsters it's amazing how much we are continuing to improve as a state

Jack Lucas, won 3rd at State in 130lb class last season, was a 7th grader. Wrestling as an 8th grader this coming season thru Male Bulldogs I think. Zach Chandler is an 8th grader wrestling with Bulldogs as well.

definitely expect Christen Estrada to be on the podium has put in a lot of work this off season from what I here

hear*

In addition to Jack and Trevor Twenhofel will have some other good guys this year. Look for Caleb Farfsing to make some noise at 140. He placed 4th at MS state last year as a seventh grader. Also I have high expectations for Nathan Fouts 8th grader at 152, Jerod Kelsay 8th grader at 130, and Brennan Conrad at 92 who had to pull out of State Tourney due to illness after losing in the regional finals in a tough match to the eventual State Champ Ketchen-Carter. Brennan also worked out all summer for the first time this year. I think Isaac Thornton newcomer to our team at 70lbs will be very competitive.

Johnson Central will have a handful of kids that have a great shot to end up on the podium. Blue Fletcher probably will go 80lbs wrestled both Deckard and Garcia to 1 point matches. The Horn twins showed a lot of promise last year no sure what weight they go yet but their looking lean and mean in football this year. Joe Jackson will push for a championship. JC 120lb Rodriguez kid should be a lot better this year he's been working hard. I also think there's some kids that are new to wrestling will come out do well. There's a couple kids Im forgetting but JC should put a really good team on the mat this year.

Looking for an update. We are two weeks in and have seen some great matchups. The Wheeler/Ketchen-Carter matchup at Summitview was a great match with Ketchen-Carter winning 2-0 at 98. I am hearing good things about Yost at 105 and look forward to seeing him go at WC this weekend. Jacob Grandstaff with the Hawks has not had a match last past the second period so far this season. So far, I have been very impressed with Twenhofel as a team and Woodland has looked good as well. I have not had a chance to see Walton yet, but I am sure they are loaded. Woodland's Lane Siefert looked very solid at 105 and Shea Horton looked good as well. I believe they wrestled each other twice and it was a split. Tom Deck looked very good at 75 as well.

There are a some tournaments this weekend that should answer a few questions.  There also are some very interesting weight classes.  Lots of talented kids that I think will either move up or down a weight.

Yost from Woodford bumped up to 113 and was very impressive beating Insko in the finals. Both kids wrestled hard and clean, and represented their teams very well. Can't wait to see some updated rankings now that we have a better indication of who's going where.