Sign in to follow this  
Wrestling Dad

Tough Quarterfinal match ups

OK, so with no seeding where are the toughest quarterfinal matches?

By the way, Agnew of Caldwell County was upset in the Region 1 final - and now finds himself on the opposite side of the bracket from Lampe. Who can figure?

Bussell is really under ranked by Ranger, part of the reason I started doing rankings for region 1 was because Ranger trapped up in northern Kentucky never really knew about the wrestlers. For example Nighgell is ranked 8th despite not touching foot on a mat all year. Bussell only ever lost to Nighgell once, it just do happened it occurred at regionals

If the quarters are any tougher than 113 someone please post with stats. SHEFFER-4 time middle school champ,MS MOW,,MS AA,HS state placer,nat.placer.SMITH-MS state champ,MS AA,MS MOW. Vega-returning state champ,placer 2013 tofc,BINDNER-3 time MS state champ,2013 placer tofc,3rd HS state,highest finishing fresh. last year. So we have 8 MS titles,2-MOW's. 2 HS placers and a state champ.And guess what people that is just the bottom half of 113. This is not a IMO it is results.there maybe some tougher,if there is post bc I would like to see. 

Why would you say that was a upset? Kid from hopkinsville is the real deal. My son beat him at.knox tourny and was very strong.

Didn't say he wasn't a tough kid, however he was seeded second (with 6 losses) behind Keenan with one loss. My point was that the loss kicked Keenan on the opposite side of the bracket from the kid from St. X, Lampe, who I would personally consider the favorite to win at 152. Strange how that can sometimes happen. Not a knock on Bussell.

The random draw was nice to Agnew that's for sure.  I coached Robert Bussell every year that hes wrestled except this year.Hes a really tough kid.  He's  caught some bad breaks at the Region tournament every year, but seem to be putting everything together now.  A lot has to do with the new coach there.  He's getting thru to the kids in a way I guess i simply couldn't and they seem to be buying into his system.  Great kid, hope he wrestles well and gets on the podium, as well as all the other Hoptown young men.   

182 is pretty tough ,at 113 there is a bunch of great kids with big Jr high accomplishments and some

HS placings and a state champ who may not be the favorite . 182 is simIlar without all the ms stuff because it is a class dominated by upperclassmen and not underclassmen , 182 has it all shooters throwers and a wide variety of sises Smith is tall and rangy Frankone shorter and tank like Mathews an all around athlete who favors throws like Frankrone and Wyatt Courtney who's grizzly visage sends shocks of fear if not pity down the spines of his opponents , and a couple

More I have not seen who have wins against some of these guys . Two very deep classes it looks like . All eyes will be on The Smiths in both classes !!One the favorite , the other the spoiler and jr high hopeful who has the possibility of following Brock down the road of five , a major uphill battle .

The peroxide seems to take some of the attention away from the ugly , all I have to say is thank god there are some girls in Woodford county with bad eyesight old Wyatt had a looker at his side the last time I saw him ,

The peroxide seems to take some of the attention away from the ugly , all I have to say is thank god there are some girls in Woodford county with bad eyesight old Wyatt had a looker at his side the last time I saw him ,

That. Was. Golden.

Bottom half of 113 is sick.....sad too! Seems like more early matchups this year across weights than ever before. I realize it's baby steps with KHSAA, but state is a big deal and something needs to be done sooner than later. I've seen a number of excellent options other than a random draw. We got our single mat finals back, we need to move on to some type of seeding and appropriate awards!!! No ribbon neclace?! Just a quarter sized medal in a plastic baggie.....nice!

Most likely Mom is one of those pretty Woodford girls with the bad eyesight and that pretty much says where it comes from .

The Mullet was an old Woodford trick to keep the bad eyesighted girls attention away from less than attractive features It obviously works on those from Oldham county as well , , the less hair the more obvious the gruesome . And no Tarzan has never pitched his treehouse in Woodford County in the jungle it's just fashionable :)

Alright tarzan enough talk about Oldham and Woodford mullets.   Northern Ky is the mullet capital of the world.   Also you have a permed mullet and it is nice.  This Ky mullets are ok.  Tarzan it is time for you to make some picks. :ph34r:

Nah I used to have sort of a mullet when I tried to look big , now it's all the same length , never had a perm in my life that's natural bro , and thanks i guess it does take attention away from the ugly and give all the kids something to pick on me about .

I did pretty well two yrs ago on my picks and didnt know anyone that's when they used the darkhorse thing and I picked Chamberle I think .

I used to pay attention to all the lighter middleweights with all that action and I was used to being around pretty elite guys in Ohio there were usually three or four in the lighter weight to middle classes that were top 20 kids in the nation it's a bit easier and clear cut now not just here but in Ohio as well it seems , the upper weights are tough in Ohio now it seems . Or maybe it's just me and whom I'm around more .

Don't know enough about all the classes to pick but I will give it a shot .

Back on topic, heres a few I will be watching:

106 Ervin/Hernandez

113 Smith/Sheffer and Vega/Binder

120 Dezember/Crowdus ( Two #2's getting through)

126 2nd round Carr/Austin then the winner gets Beeler in the Semis

132 I hope Heidorf/Ervin is a good match. 

138 West/Blanton

145 Andrenoni/Whalen

Heres where I really dont know much just looking at seedings, rankings, and reputation

152 Hope Bussell/Lampe is a good match but really wanting to see Lampe/Belk in Semis

160 Overman/Nevels

170 I have no idea

182 Smith/Mathews

195 Parrott/Miller

220 Carter/Mueller and Farris/Chandler

285 Brown/Sinclair

My dream matchup in Quarters would be 132 BJ Miller/Elkins rematch.  They split this year Elkins won the last one. would like to see Miller get through Smallwood and Lannum and meet him again. 

I know Lannum and Smallwood are both really good, but BJ is my son, got to pull for him.

Sign in to follow this