Sign in to follow this  
sbfraz

Elementary Team Kentucky Trials Tournament

Attached is the flyer for the Elementary Team KY Trials Tournament. You can register on trackwrestling at the following link

http://goo.gl/gMmnLM

This is a great opportunity to take Kentucky youth wrestling to the next level. I encourage everyone to strongly consider participating.

If your child make the team, they will be responsible for a $150 team fee half of which is due the day of the tournament. This fee will cover your child's registration fee for national duals, a team pullover, shorts and shirt. Please see the flyer for additional information.

2014 Team Kentucky Trials Tournament

(for the Heartland Elementary Duals)

Taylor County Middle School

1207 E. Broadway, Campbellsville, Kentucky

Saturday March 1st, 2014

Doors open at 7:30 am

SESSION 1:     50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85

9:00AM - 11:30AM (weigh ins at 7:30-8:30)

SESSION 2:     90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140 , 160

12:00PM – 2:30PM (weigh ins at 10:30, may weigh in with first session)

*Wrestle Back to True 2nd (if third place and 2nd place have not met)

*First and second place at each weight class make Team Kentucky if we can field two teams

-  some 3rd and 4th alternates will be selected

-  option to form a third team if possible, numbers will determine

*All wrestlers need to make scratch weight.

*Periods will be three 1.5 minute periods.

*Tournament Entry Fee is 15.00 Per Wrestler paid during entry on TrackWrestling.

* Admissions fee $5.00 per adult, $3.00 per child

* Concessions will be available

* All wrestlers must live in Kentucky and have a valid USA wrestling card.

*If a wrestler makes the team, they must pay a $150.00 team fee to participate. $75.00 will be due at tournament upon acceptance of slot for the team.  All wrestlers will be responsible for their own transportation and lodging for the 2014 Heartland Duals in Council Bluffs, IA on April 11th to 13th 2014.  Team will coordinate for weigh-ins and meals.

* A block of rooms will be reserved at each location.

* Contact the KSWA Staff with any questions or concerns or contact jory.whorton@gmail.com

Age Division is 1st – 6th Grade (not to exceed 13 years old)

Weight Classes are:  50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 112, 120, 130, 140 , 160

Register No Later than Thursday, 27 February 2014 at http://goo.gl/gMmnLM

2014 Elementary Team Kentucky Flyer.docx

John Hardin had a scheduling conflict. These are the weight classes for USA national duals, so they are the ones we will be using since that is the tourney the team will attend.

Yes but please make every attempt to register them in the correct class. Everything will run much smoother if we don't have a lot of last minute changes.

Great question.  Weigh in will be in singlet at Heartland and this will be put out to the team once this tourney is over.  For this tournament since we did not clearly state I will allow either since Kentucky usually runs on underwear. 

The difference for most sumblimated singlets is a 1 to 2 ounce difference so should not drastically effect.

Hope to see a great turnout this weekend at Taylor Co. Saw some very competitive weights this weekend and would imagine even more at this tournament.

Team KY is a great experience for the kids and parents and coaches to learn and improve and have a lot of fun.

Other than age, are there any other restrictions? Are middle school state placers eligible for Youth Team KY so long as they meet age eligibility, or will they be steered towards Middle School Team KY?

The only restrictions are age and grades 1-6.

As for MS vs Elementary that is your choice. Being a little biased and wanting to see the MS team compete as well as possible, I want the best kids available on that team, especially in Danville, IL. When both teams go to iowa going down to the youth team is an option if you have earned that spot this weekend.

Numbers are still low.  When will the determination be made to go forward or cancel?  I just cant justify driving 3 hours one way staying in a hotel for my boys to wrestle one other kid.

From what I hear, there are a lot of kids/teams planning to register that haven't yet. If you plan to attend, please register your kids. There is no reason to hold off until the last minute. That's what causes so many tournaments to get canceled. We want to see as many kids show up as possible in order to get this team off the ground.

FYI, you do not have to pay when you pre-register. You will pay on site on Saturday. So don't let that prevent you from signing up. Also don't sit back and wait for so many kids to show up on the list before registering as well. That's how events die; everyone waiting for others to sign up.

According to the email that went out to the coaches, there's one more day to register. Come on Kentucky! Let's give these kids an experience they'll remember for a lifetime.

24 signed up so far.  I hope more take interest, if not I know myself and 3 others that will back out. not worth the drive or money to wrestle once, or to get down there and be told not enough participation so its not going to happen...

It's time to get registered. There is no reason to hold off. At least enter your kids. If you find there is too much competition at that weight class, just change classes. Track doesn't lock you in once you register.

Imo the location of this event has killed it before it had a chance to get off the ground. If this was in a central location we would see more parents involved. It should have either been in Lexington or Louisville. It doesn't have to be held in a gym. The only thing needed is a practice room with two mats down.

Central is a relative term, the geographical center of the state is actually located on the campus of Campbellsville University, so you can't really get more central than that. However, I understand your point in regards to population.