Make Checks Payable to Summit View Middle School
Times: 7:00 am Gates open.
7:30 am Weigh Ins Open
8:30 am Weigh Ins Close
8:45 am Coaches Meeting
9:30 Wrestling Begins
Admissions: Adults: $5—Children/Students(5-18) $3—Cooler Fee: $10

2014 State Duals Flyer.pdf

Here are the teams that are coming.  One spot is open.

Meade

River city

North Oldham

Walton

Twenhofel

Woodford

Harrison County

Shamrock

Campbell County

Hayes

Summit View

Taylor County has 5 kids who can't wrestle because of injury. We just aren't big enough to compete with that many kids out. We really hate to miss it.

• Upvote 1

Taylor County has 5 kids who can't wrestle because of injury. We just aren't big enough to compete with that many kids out. We really hate to miss it.

Many teams in this boat as well as teams having kids wrestling for the High School Team State Duals this weekend as well.  

The two big club teams won it and Twenhofel had about 8 unsportsmanlike calls. Some great matches throughout the day and some big upsets right before state to make things interesting for next week. Another thing, the refs for the most part did a really solid job... Much better than the norm which was nice for a change.

Great event as usual. It blows my mind every year that teams aren't lining up to fill the spots. After winning it 3 yrs and finishing 5th today I can say without a doubt the intensity and competition reveal a lot about your team and teach a lot as well.

Congratulations to Coach Q and River City. Been right there for a couple yrs.

In a replay of last yrs final we had a great dual with North Oldham in round 1. Always a blast to battle with Coach Goldsmith and his team. It is fun to see those kids try to beat the tar out of each other then shake hands at the end like men whether you win or lose.

The older ref with the beard was a class act. He is by far my favorite ref ever. I had never seen him till yesterday but he left a lasting impression on me. He seemed to truley enjoy his job. I hope hes at the state tournament next weekend.

It was a very exciting event. The crowds were great, the passion the teams had and the overall atmosphere was intense to say the least. I would like to give a big THANK YOU and a job well done to Summit View and their coaching staff and parents for hosting this event.

RIVER CITY and the Coaching Staff, great job and congratulations on winning the State Duals. It was exciting battling you guys in the Finals. A lot of matches were stressful (for me at least, LOL) but exciting. You guys have an outstanding team and a very well coached team. I wish you the best next weekend at State!

NORTH OLDHAM, this event was very competitive and also very exciting. Coach Goldsmith does a great job with his kids and they are a well coached team. CLASS ACT! Best of luck next weekend to you guys!

CAMPBELL COUNTY, man I'm tired of battling with you guys, LOL. But I wouldn't change it for anything. Campbell County is always a Class Act and very well Coached Team. Great Parents, Great Kids and Great Coaches. Best of luck to CC and Coach Moore next weekend.

SUMMIT VIEW, a young team, Adam has some kids that will be names you'll hear about in the next few years. The Duke boys will be a handful to deal with in the next couple of years, if not sooner. Adam does a great job with his teams and it was a fun day competing with your team. Best of luck to you guys next week! 

I agree with Ranger, This event is an awesome event. In the past I've been not a fan of the timing when State Duals is held. For several reason! But I think its a great event and wish more teams would take the opportunity to compete in this!

To the kids wrestling next weekend at State, I wish everyone safe travels, stay healthy and best of luck!

GOB BLESS you all!

Coach Roth

• Upvote 1

Awesome day of wrestling. Great comp all day. Coach said it best you have to bring it for every match. One match can make the difference. All the kids wrestled their butts off. Congrats to river city. North Oldham is solid. Can't wait till this Saturday. Good luck to everyone and safe travles.