Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

Tweet from Jason Frakes (Courier Journal)

Please contact me if you would like to be a part of a rankings team. This has become a big task and I know first hand Ranger does enough as it is. Email me at christopher.mccoy@jefferson.kyschools.us

How about this proposal for dual rankings.

Tennessee does rankings for Duals by a 100 point system. The top 10 poll they do has been very accurate for the last 12 years I have been involved in wrestling. I know this is KY, but I came from TN and still follow TN because I have a lot of friends who do coach around.

Deadlift can also back me up on this system.  

I would be happy to take on like 3 weight classes.. Currently I'm doing 170's every week You can see how I'm doing via the results in the 170 rankings thread and I update weekly .. I'd prefer like 160's 170's and 182's If you need my help or would like my help just let me know.

I don't mind helping in anyway I can .

Thank you to those that have shown interest. Lets try to talk through email or conference call to put a plan in place. Ranger this is nothing toward you just some relief.

Count me in Chris this is something we can coordinate for next year. For the time being, I have been working on some rankings and will post them later today...hopefully.

What about having a ranking admin from each region report to a person that does rankings for the state.

That way the state ranking admin won't have to deal with each and every complaint about rankings.

The region ranking admin can pass on their findings to the state admin. thoughts?

Media Coverage would be a good priority for the Coaches Assoc to address.

Of course wrestling coaches are not the most internet friendly crowd so it can be a struggle.

Great to hear that KHSAA is going to start tracking wreslting on TrackWrestling.com

What about having a ranking admin from each region report to a person that does rankings for the state.

That way the state ranking admin won't have to deal with each and every complaint about rankings.

The region ranking admin can pass on their findings to the state admin. thoughts?

Exactly what I said at the top of this page haha. So far that is about what Coach McCoy has. I'm region 1 and Josh Claywell is region 2

By the way, we should never get into the habit of beating up on our fallen, hurting, busy, or whatever else it might be.  Ranger has done an excellent job with the rankings for many seasons, and it has helped our community to make decisions and prepare our teams.  Ranger has put in time and effort, and in many ways this has taken our rankings to a new level.  Recent events do not discredit him in any way.  I don't know Ranger very well, but let's not get into the habit of beating up on those who love, support, and help our sport.  This kind of behavior will prevent others from stepping up for fear that they may also come under fire.  As a coach, I have never felt or known that the media was interested in our sport or my team.  Reading this discussion makes me realize that I must do a better job of releasing results and information. 

I found it very surprising that coaches don't want to give out info to the media. Also loving the idea of a ranking committee. If we wont wrestling to get more respect in the state we have to first show that we want it, all these ideas are a good start