Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

State Duals Pools and Results

@GOO: like I said, I was not there and have not seen either team wrestle in person this year. I was going off result info that was available. CC has no results posted from state duals and UC did. That's where I got lineups. Those changes make a big difference

2nd attempt:

CC vs UC

106 Sheffer DEC Krebs. (0-4)

113 Dezember MD Maggart (0-7)

120 Blackwell FALL Spahr (0-13)

126 Ervin FALL Skinner (0-19)

132 Fausz FALL Ervin (6-19) I think Fausz was at 126? I'm not sure though, I was not there this weekend, I was getting second hand results, but I think that if CC bumps him to 32, it's a wash, and if they leave him at 26 they could give up 3 @ 26 and 3 @ 32.

138 Carr DEC Hamilton (6-22)

145 Gahafer DEC Woods (6-25) heard Gahafer was at 45, can someone confirm that?

152 SAM FALL Wolfe? (12-25)

160 Bachman DEC French? (15-25)

170 Turner DEC Morris (18-25)

182 Matthews DEC Smith (21-25) talked to a buddy that was there, according to him Matthews does not pin smith. Apparently smith stalls too much.

195 Carter DEC Keeton (21-28)

220 ATM FALL Sherman (27-28)

Still close

Well if you stall to much "as you said you get called for it , Mathews pins its what he does , honestly if someone's running from him he will

Go even harder , haven't seen to many that can hang with him,you better ask your buddy how Mathews last match ended ?????then rethink your take on the 182s

You flipped your first two outcomes 3 for 1 , 4 for 2 !can't really comment on anything else ,othe than some

Could be pins where there are wins !!! And most matches seem obvious -

Hvy with Carr /Hamilton possibly being the best match .and Woods might surprise everyone as

I'm sure some of the others on either team could , seems tight , I will take CC points at state tourny though ,on a larger battlefield minus some

Brainfarts I think CCs guns do more damage , because of The overall team and there is an underlying theme with not only the die hard wrestlers but ......The headhunters go to huddle and watch em on the field they headhunt Mathews Turner Keeton SAM and ATM they are all Hitters wether running the ball or blasting whoever has it ,it's a linebacker Mentality kill before you get killed , wait till you get your opening and go , sounds dumb I guess but there is something to it as well as being a tight group .

That defensive football mindset where your waiting almost bored and when you get your shot your not only going after the hit or tackle

Your going to it quickly to be there before the other headhunters , goes back to a competitive mindset trying to outdo your teammate , every kid on CC team is a bit of a head case they have underlying goals amongst themselves it's annoying an detrimental at times but they are like those kids from lord of the flies they are out to kill the pig and be the first to do it they set on the edges of the mat and call out moves that are not even remotely what a coach would want to see and half the time these idiots do them , I couldn't figure it out and it made me mad at first but I understand now it's a form of controlled Chaos as long as they do the main things correctly as far as coaching goes I think they let them

Have their fun , probably be a different team altogether next yr but while I was certain the more

Disciplined approach was

Better without question,

Not so certain anymore their lord of the flies approach seems to work , I see kids go out and as

Ones walking of the one walking on points at the scoreboard as to say what was that watch this what do you want , they are having fun ,then the savages on the edge of the Matt chime in , it's not like Larue or some of the others that are loud tribal attempts at intimidation it's more subtle comments and little

Looks between canibals , they actually compete against each other and it's way more intimidating than all the yells and chants and mean mugging from the usual teams , these guys are assassins with a sense of humor and nonchalant attitude at times that makes

You want to scream at them and then at the drop of a pin they are hard nosed serious wrestlers , they are a strange and confusing bunch of multi personality disordered , top notch athletes who are led by the weirdest bunch of sr leadership .

I'm sure the coaches will jump for joy as they are weeping when their current srs are gone and the kids are rescued from the island .

I know, no one cares or understands , but people

From CC .

Woods is definitely capable, and I wouldnt be so quick to take Brown over Sinclair. I watched Hamilton this weekend, Carr may be the favorite, but he better be ready for war. This is the type of match up we should have seen for a State Dual Championship. Nothing against SK or JC. Both teams are great and very well coached. But, to me, CC and UC are the 2 best dual teams in the state.

Iwin ,I wonder how many people thought the Duals race was a three way battle rather than a two , after the Rumble I was certain that X might be right there with CC and Union ,but as the year went on CCs team began to move into their current lineup that is much more effective many kida were either out or out of their weights and even after the rumble some

Of the starters would go to JV tournys that the coaches thought were more benificial for them even if it hurt the team at duals it seems they were looking at the en results more than on any given day , for instance hillsboro edged CC at Franklin but was well behind much later at Hammer an Anvil I think SK was the surprise of the duals and perhaps the big surprise of the year , all their kids seemed to wrestle better even against CC as the closer score than the last time they wrestled CC showed , I have my own theory on that as well , I think there were other distractions at the dual qualifier ,

Either way it would have been interesting if Ryle somehow were in the duals as well but I guess it's not possible to take three , if so , three teams from reg 6 would have made top six at least .

Iwin ,I wonder how many people thought the Duals race was a three way battle rather than a two , after the Rumble I was certain that X might be right there with CC and Union ,but as the year went on CCs team began to move into their current lineup that is much more effective many kida were either out or out of their weights and even after the rumble some

Of the starters would go to JV tournys that the coaches thought were more benificial for them even if it hurt the team at duals it seems they were looking at the en results more than on any given day , for instance hillsboro edged CC at Franklin but was well behind much later at Hammer an Anvil I think SK was the surprise of the duals and perhaps the big surprise of the year , all their kids seemed to wrestle better even against CC as the closer score than the last time they wrestled CC showed , I have my own theory on that as well , I think there were other distractions at the dual qualifier ,

Either way it would have been interesting if Ryle somehow were in the duals as well but I guess it's not possible to take three , if so , three teams from reg 6 would have made top six at least .

Since Ryle beat SK by 17, I think it's safe to say they would finish higher than 6th.

I agree I was simply using that as a number , but as for Sk I think X beat them

Before as well either in a tourny or a dual ,

They might upset you guys next time :)

Since Ryle beat SK by 17, I think it's safe to say they would finish higher than 6th.

I think it's also safe to say...we will never know since Ryle chose not to compete in State Duals....My money would be on Simon Kenton right now it's safe to say !

I would not have bet against them at the duals vs Ryle , they had everything going their way they were fired up they moved some guys around were wrestling well and had some luck on their side as well , when the score got pretty much ahead with about four or do matches left everyone knew it was over , their final shot at glory came with a shot at Cooper and after a great match he got his hand raised , pretty impressive , the little extra beat downs on a couple Sk kids afterwards were little reward for the upset of the yr and really only showed that SK had done its job , help those poor boys up after those hard takedowns your team is movin on . :)

As for CC no one thought they were going to be seeing SK again , me in particular or SAM when thinking of a tournament dual OT otherwise you think out who you will have and scope them and figure what you will do , CC was thinking X not Sk , and as for ME and SAM / not the rematch ,

That fast everything changed and it was on again without even thinking it would happen ,match two , SAM and Cooper , great match a bit sloppier than the first one from both but nice to see some shots , Parrot and Fausz was a lot closer than last time with Fausz still clearly ahead but having to work a bit more for it , hats of to SK . I had thought them out of the race for top three or five at state but no longer , I would like to see them and Ryle Dual , like to see Cooper Meiman wrestle ,

As for Ryle I know Wadsworth was good but , it WAS not a better tournament than state duals , not close , and truthfully I think if you could have mad the duals it was a big mistake skipping it for a tourny in n Ohio that really isn't doing anything for your team at this point other than matches , you missed a chance to see the rest of the states teams and wrestlers in scoping out the comp alone it would have been better , and now you have let one of your main regional rivals work out some bugs and improve as well as get on a giant positive role before state ,

Just my opinion though ,

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I was at the State Duals Saturday.  As Mpire said, he was expecting it to be CC and X; It should have been.  I watched the X vs SK match, and I have to say, X was robbed by the official.  He was very young and I had never seen him at any match this year.  He was by far the worst official I have ever seen.  I have been watching wresting for over 30 years, and he was horrible.  After the SK-X match, 4 other officials pulled him to the side and brought out a rule book and got into some animated conversations about his calls.  It was appalling.  Let the kids decide the match, and not some lamebrain who clearly didn't know the rules.  CC and X are the best two teams and will see each other at State.  I just hope the refs don't get in the way and call it the way it should be called. 

OK I have not said much because I was waiting for Jr. to get back to wretling shape.  I believe he is there now and is fully on board.  He came home from practice ate a small dinner, then left the house with his backpack on with 45lbs of weight in it. He walked around yesterday, after a morning run, with the backpack full and went all day in school with it on.  (I think he said ATM told him to do this).

You may have underestimated him at 160.  He should get a pin there.  If not for a bad call from the official agains Old Co. MacIntosh he would have won that match.  (Took him down 2 or 3 times).  I'm not sure how you get 2 reversal, 2 nearfall and another 2 near fall from one peterson, but that was the call.  So he was down 6-2 at the end of the 1st instead of 4-2.  I know MacIntosh bumped up but Jr. weighed in at 153.6, so there was not wt. advantage.  Not a big deal CC still won the dual but Jr. was not happy at all. 

Campbell gets the pin at 160, 170, and 182. 

I don't think an official robbed a team of a whole dual , I did see a strange call where he called a pin that wasn't to me but could have been a few seconds earlier , knowing refs as I do I have seen them try to make up for mistakes as they go , perhaps this was one time , I also saw some

Refs explaining that both shoulders do not have to be literally on the mat some

Stuff I have heard this year about the Scapula or back running down further , either way sounds weird to me ,

As I said Sk came out sharp moved some

Kids around and made some good choices a far as bouncing kids around , they were fired up on a roll and lucky all at the same time ,THEY BEAT X no Xcuses , I do agree with someone not agreeing with a couple calls some

Both ways I saw SK get the raw deal once as well , the kid who got slammed should have played dead roll over doggy , you win , to SKs credit and I wouldn't see many coaches doing it they seemed to say man up to their wrestler ,

They won a ref can take a match but usually not a dual , not sure X and CC are the best two teams CC is Definatly one of them and they doubled the score of the team that beat X , as I said earlier CC is a better tourny team than Dual team and if X had a chance of beating them they needed to beat them at duals . I saw some funky calls all day as I also stated earlier , ATM tortured some kid in an evil chicken wing an didn't get the pin BUT in that refs defense he did not call pins that easy on any of his matches that kind of thing is understandable he actually apoke to me later an seemed a fine young man almost apologetic with no real need , except maybe some cheap shots taken at the end of the match that was simple desperation no biggie ,I have talked to some refs over the years some like to let them wrestle others seem to call it quick and some call it as most of us think it should be , while some are all over the place , they almost have to stick together and to their guns and choices but they do make mistakes , and at my own peril they do have favorites , But I doubt that ref was in SKs pocket , nobody likes those guys ......

There is going to be some serious battles at state and there has already been some

Serious battles in the last few weeks and certainly this week , Ryle .. I must say that you host the best tournament in the state short of the state tourny and I am a fan , but at the dual qualifier I saw coaches and teams from all over that should have been there wrestling for a spot , I can't think of any reason for a top team to not attempt to make it , the Wadsworth tournament was not on par with Duals team wise wrestle wise or otherwise .

On another note I saw refs allowing coaches full access to the floor duiring matches , that Trinity coach was on his feet more than in his seat duiring their matches , I guess it's ok here I do not know our head coach rarely budges but he may be to worried about keeping our assistant in his seat I don't know . LoL CCs coaches are the classiest I have seen , I like a little more action like how old man Cooper coaches but it's all good , they are keeping with the silent assassin thing . I expect some action at state though , I also hear talk of breaking some scoring records as well , just what I heard don't kill the messenger

There certainly is a lot of confidence coming out of the Camels Camp in regards to their imminent state championship in three weeks. I guess it's not bragging if you can back it up.

Well none of it is from coaches or kids just arrogant old guys and pot stirrers who really don't know very much ,

They smoked state Duals doubling the score of their finals opponent and they are a tougher tournament Team and they are the defending Champs who have wrestlers that have beaten number 1s in Ohio and Ky along with every team in tournament format they faced except Graham the number one team in Ohio and a top ten team in the nation . And they have represented Ky phenomenally at every tournament with team and wrestlers ,without any state conversation involved at all everyone should

Be proud of them , with state conversation involved don't be to harsh on their confident talk it's a big goal and I'm sure they know it far from in the bag .

Just kidding , it's in the bag

KHSAA STATE WRESTLING HISTORY

MOST TEAM POINTS (32 Person Bracket)

257.5 South Oldham 2003

234.0 Campbell County 2004

233.5 Woodford County 2002

232.0 Trinity (Louisville) 2010

230.0 Woodford County 2006

222.0 Trinity (Louisville) 2009

204.0 Ryle 2010

202.0 Union County 2009

202.0 Union County 2011

185.0 - Campbell County 2003

183.5 Woodford County 2005

182.0 Union County 2009

175.5 Trinity (Louisville) 2011

174.5 - Woodford County 2003

168.5 - Woodford County 2004

168.0 - Ryle 2008

166.0 - South Oldham 2006

163.0 Ryle 2009

163.0 - Campbell County 2002

162.0 - South Oldham - 2002

158.0 - Woodford County 2008

157.5 - Trinity (Louisville) 2008

152.5 - Ryle 2003

152.0 – Ryle 2011

149.5 - Wayne County 2008

148.0 - Union County 2007

147.0 - St. Xavier 2002

146.5 - LaRue County 2002

143.0 - LaRue County 2006

141.0 Campbell County 2009

141.0 - Sheldon Clark 2003

140.0 – LaRue County 2011

140.0 - Woodford County 2007

MOST TEAM POINTS (16 Person Bracket)

195.0 Woodford County 1997

194.5 Woodford County 1993

189.0 Woodford County 1996

182.0 Union County 1980

174.5 Sheldon Clark 1994

166.0 Hopkinsville 1992

161.0 St. Xavier 1998

158.5 St. Xavier 2001

158.0 Campbell County 1990

157.0 Woodford County 1999

153.0 Hopkinsville 1985

146.5 St. Xavier 1997

146.5 Scott 1998

Or go to the web site.

http://khsaa.org/records/wrestling/teamscorerecords.pdf

I believe its a 3 horse race with one in the lead. At the beginning of the day Coach Carr asked me who was going to be in the finals, I confidently told him CC and X. Never thought it would be anything different. Congrats to SK for making me look like a dumb a$$. Seriously, congrats to their kids and coaches, they showed up on a mission. I'm pretty sure that Union and CC will be the top 2 in a couple of weeks. Mpire, seriously? In the bag?

Yeah, your right. Would u like paper or plastic?

That's good stuff I missed the last part I always use my phone as you can tell by my stellar typing skills , I'm just messing around but yeah I think they win , and if I were SK or X or Union i would be sweating bullets !!!!!

Just kidding if I were them I would say its in the bag !!!

Im not saying anyone was in anyones pocket. I am saying he was just a bad ref. It was actually 2 matches where there were huge mistakes. The X kid clearly had a kid flat on his back for over a minute- flat on his back and no pin was called. He then called the kid for 3 stalling calls when the kid was actually taking shots. That match should have been 6 for X and if you take 6 from SK that is a 12 point swing. The other match you mentioned was definitely not a pin. The kid rolled over and the minute his back touched the mat he called a pin. The SK kid wasn't even on him. Really bad call. That's another 6 point swing. If you then look at the fact that for the last few matches, if the kids know its out of reach, they may not give their all. So, in fact, a ref can definitely effect a dual in a huge way.

Woods is definitely capable, and I wouldnt be so quick to take Brown over Sinclair. I watched Hamilton this weekend, Carr may be the favorite, but he better be ready for war. This is the type of match up we should have seen for a State Dual Championship. Nothing against SK or JC. Both teams are great and very well coached. But, to me, CC and UC are the 2 best dual teams in the state.

I have seen you post on here more than once about Carr. The criteria for the two wrestlers does not support your argument. Could you please explain what it is that you have seen that makes you continue to post these comments?

I am confused ???I think he said Carr is the favorite and that Hamilton may test him , Carr being very accomplished and having a title or two already ,I think Carr is the favorite with his win last yr against a very good Lampe and a title it is his class and PH will have to take it from him if he wants it .

Sure, I said Hamilton was too small for 145, better suited to wrestle 138 and would have a shot of beating Carr. Carr is still the favorite, right? Of course he is. Can Hamilton meet him in the finals? Of course he can. Does Hamilton have the capability to win that match? Yes. Does Carr have the capability to win the match? Yes. I'm quite sure I've never said anything negative about either one. Everyone knows Carr is one tough and accomplished wrestler. Hamilton is no slouch himself earning 3rd and runner up the past 2 years respectively. So what's the beef? Carr is tough, he's not invincible. Hamilton is tough, and has a shot. Anything else?

I didn't see anyone on their back for a minute , the quick pin was odd I would have been mad but the kid was in fact on him but at that moment he didn't look pinned to me but perhaps for an instant he was just before that , I would have been mad though ,as for the last matches Wth are you talking about French hammered the SK kid almost putting him out of the match if anything they wrestled harder because they were Pi$$ed .

I am all about the truth and I saw some bad reffing here and there and I mentioned it first I actually think , but don't overdramatize it , no one was on their back for a minute and no ref pinned a kid without anyone on him , I saw Sk get a bad call as well !! But as I said I would have got mad if I were X on the one call for sure , Bottom line SK came to win wrestled better than anyone thought and took advantage of what they were given ,

like They say luck is when determination meets opportunity SK was determined and took the opportunity to win , and make no mistake people my fellow KENTUCKIANS CC would have beaten X . Just for an instant some genius should consider that just like everyone else at Fern Creek they were planning on wrestling X when SK won it threw a monkey wrench into CC whole game plan but they still handled SK winning by a nice margin , yes a ref can effect a lot I would like to give a certain one a bluegrass Beatdown so I know how the kid who got the quick pin feels and no I don't want ole dude reffing any of my kids matches till he gets a few more ice cream seasons under his belt .