Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Best matches at State Duals

Has the pools been set yet? This would definately tell the story! Maybe a Fauz Lawson, or Hall Dezember. Love to see the lighter weights battle.

Lets have a little fun and make an allstar dual.North and east verses south and west Oldham county goes south,franklin and lexington north and east.So build teams and great matches by bumping weights .We should really do this I bet it would be a great event and a good way to prepare for nationals.

Let me guess louisville union and Woodford vs Nky , or basically the whole state vs Nky ,

There's all

Kinds of dividing lines I would say .

Let's make it really Really fun

Public vs Private .

• Upvote 1

No actually I think woodford would be in the eastern part with lexington but we will take them if you dont want them.Cant go public vs private cause we aint giving up our boys in the southwest corner.

"your boys " in the south west corner , I wouldn't give them up either , if they were mine . I wouldn't give up Woodford if they were mine either , they have a bright future .

Almost as bright as Campbell County's , :)

• Upvote 1

Interesting , the argument in the other thread about "is wrestling a team sport" is that it is a team sport because you rely on your teammates as training partners and for support , so if your teammates come from a larger area and from all over and the best seek out the best to get better . Then it's a huge advantage , I see in other states the private schools actually have their own version of a state or at least a private "private school "only tournament , but their is not a public school only tournament in those states at least not officially called that , of course many tournaments are invite only .

Nothing to do with this thread really as it is about state Duals this weekend but it is interesting In many other states private schools dominate for that very reason , either private or schools with open enrollement have huge advantages , in all sports ,

Perhaps Kentucky can hold out for a while or for good in some sports .

Back to topic , it will be interesting to see how coaches bump and move kids around in attempts to win some

Of the tight duals .it's always one of the

major differences between duals and tournys .

Forgive my ignorance here but is there a senior all star tournament in wrestling ?

Like they do in football/ basketball etc if there is I've just never heard anything about it. If there isn't I'd say sure just put NKY vs the rest of the state usually these things are political but I personally put them on for softball teams because at the time there wasn't one.

I think it could be arranged , perhaps for a charity ooooooorrrrr to raise Mass Money for Team KY ,

Since its NKY vs the rest of the state it's in NKY

I think Ohio has wrestle for autism ,

It would be neat to have some big matchups and raise some money for wrestlers or a good cause .Ryle or Sk would probably host something like that , Boone County actually has a neat gym for wrestling events air maybe Connor . Perhaps they could actually have two events. One in Nky and one in Louisville or Lexington. It I guess with state being in Lex there would be no need .

Make it a Three way Tournament after state before Fargo to get kids ready .

Isn't the khsaa trying to do that anyway ? Seriously I've heard that several times not just in wrestling but every sport.

I know

They have talked about it in the past. I hope they do it. The private schools just have such a advantage in sports like football and basketball. Wrestling not so much. But if you did it in one sport you would have to do it in all