Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

Cooper- Myers Battle !!!!

If you were looking for great wrestling family, I know the coopers will always rank high but the Irvins from Union and the family that feed the Hoptown teams of the late 80's would probably rank higher

Slide bye is better for little guys it's easier I think , the throw by is a little slicker and requires a little more technique . Drilling both sides on both is a must , just like set ups , ATM sets up either side and it ticks people off because he is very good at both , he did it long ago because it ticked his brother off and he got good at it .

Austin hit it at Grant last yr and they looked at him

Like he was from Mars or something , he became instant Captain / Coach .

Slide bye is better for little guys it's easier I think , the throw by is a little slicker and requires a little more technique . Drilling both sides on both is a must , just like set ups , ATM sets up either side and it ticks people off because he is very good at both , he did it long ago because it ticked his brother off and he got good at it .

Austin hit the throw bye at Grant last yr and they looked at him

Like he was from Mars or something , he became instant Captain / Coach .

Seriously ranking family's , Admiral Cooper , General Irvin , what about the Carrs are they Comanders in Chief .let's not go there they all are impressive all I know is that before coming back to KY all I heard about was Coopers and Nate Carr a bit later probably because of my locale , either way it's kind of tacky

Doesn't matter anyway you don't have to have the most or the best you just need to be a Field Marshall and run your Panzer over everyone and win everything , I hear rumors of a Tank battle unlike any other , my Panzer against a Sherman from Louisville , I'll take the Panzer , I hear the Sherman has obliterated everyone but my Panzer is mobile and you can't shoot it very easily and when you do and miss your left wide open for a counter shot that usually leaves everyone in a wreck

1. Awesome match! Was Meyer trying a knee blast? Thought I saw three attempts. The slick by at the beginning was triumphant. The hours upon hours and thousands of reps it takes to reach that level are lost in a flash. Cooper, as great as he is, never saw it coming.

2. I actually see Mpire's point about team loyalty.

3. For the right price JJ will be anyone's friend. I'm sure JJ considers you a friend too, Ranger.

He looked like he tried hard once for the knee pick / blast , "blast sounds better "and again a time or two hesitantly ,by sr yr kids should be to hit all that stuff in their sleep as far as slide by and stuff ,if they would drill all the stuff they know a few times a week it would be awesome indeed .what was cool was you got to see some actual pummeling in there a lot fighting for under hooks and to keep them out , maybe boring to some but if you watch you can almost see them practicing Greco pumelling In your head , both of them have a decent or a lot of time working freestyle and Greco .

As for team loyalty me

Being the new guy "transfers " and all

I guess I should let it go ,but the reason Jordan gets away with what he does is its considered his livelihood his " buisness " not a lot of friends in the buisness world , , and having a monopoly like he does and yes there is Prodigy and Miron but both are Johnny come lately and plays on Jordan with Prodigy able to focus on other sports and being a massive complex too big to support its original goals ,

I was glad my boys got to train

At Jordan's and were trained at his camps and very glad they got Trained at Prodigy and trained there , exactly as I wrote it ,Root showed kids how to wrestle at Prodigy expanded their minds and let them know all of them that they could attempt to go to the next level , before him there were always a select few that went out and did national tournys , Root pushed for everyone to test the waters and helped some who wouldn't have actually become dominant somewhat at those levels , yes he was a businessman too but if you lived in a shoebox and showed up and were a stud he would take you to every nat tourny they went to , of course it was to have studs but it was always nice to know and to see your kids go . And yeah I had issues with him at times , big difference we would argue a bit and he and I could both admitt when we were wrong , a lot of coaches never admitt to being wrong ever or making mistakes , The thing that makes someone better or lerfect is sometimes admitting they are not , hands down the best youth jr high / Coach period I have ever seen , no comparison and no disrespect to anyone else , the guy is incredible at what he does despite all the hardships he caused us .

Guess I shouldn't be so mad at Ohio and Jordan and suck it up so to speak but thats not me it was bogus and it is exactly as I said ,they do use their reps to win ,

Enough of that Ranger is just human and looking out for his own interests , but taking up for graham / Jordan with me after that bs is like throwing gas on a fire ,watch this match watch the one with Marrinelli , carbon bro except the BS takedown after the out of bounds call .

Iwin you noticed what I said about the throw bye now watch both matches and you will say , Damn Damn lol

True story Miron sees my boys at a practice when they were around 5 6th grade or so says hey I will turn your boys into state champs for 5000 bucks a piece , I liked his style as far as wrestling it was different and exciting to watch and he seemed like a discipline and drill guy so I actually wanted him to work with my kids and at the time Stephen was throwing everyone almost every match it was his thing at that stage , I looked at Miron an said I will train them myself or they could come in second and I started laughing , my boys never went to his site they were at a couple of his mini camps at schools but we never went ,to much capitalism in some of these guys methods .

In the end it's about the kids and the sport , not about who can pay for it but who wants it .

After seeing a few of the better clubs , a Jordan's isn't hard to pull off , He just has a jump on everyone and has a few super studs to build on as well of course as his vast knowledge of wrestling , but as far as his huge open mats are concerned , a wealthy soccer mom could do that open a room charge 10 bucks for kids to wrestle live and it could become huge if a few studs showed up and kids came to feed of of it ,

hard to believe KY doesn't have something like that , perhaps it's the numbers . Or perhaps it's like it is In SW Ohio Cincy everyone is to worried about recruiting or whatever .or it is what I think people need to be led around and enjoy paying for things it makes them feel secure ,either way someone would ruin it or make it crooked before it was over with anyway .Either way I wish I had not been so jump the gun at times but I am glad I did things my way as well , Just didn't count on teenage idiocy to get In our way as well as a few other things , life throws at you , always prepare CYA , Cover your Ass people lol , long drifting post useless to most sorry .

Great match a wild sr yr so far for both these boys , Kevin is set and should be proud a good school and close enough to KY so friends and Family can catch his work hope steph chooses wisely and gets someplace he likes as well .

Congratulations Chris....both young men lived up to all the hype....The absolute best ! I told Kevin at National Duals in Indiana that I just love to watch him wrestle...I second that for Stephen.... Best of luck to all the guys at CC and Simon Kenton.....One month until "Go Time" The other night was one of the many highlights of the season of how it's done....Looked like Dake and Taylor battling it out....Man that was a battle ! Kentucky HAS arrived and CAN compete with anybody in the nation !

Congrats to Kevin and Stephen they were working hard that whole match .

As I said I do not think they whole heatedly wanted to wrestle each other and I know it's not because they are scared they know they are both good and either could win .I think it was something that was pushed on them I know they are both confident and great wrestlers but they are friends and respect each others abilities probably more now than before .

They were able to get up for a match that surely put them under a huge amount of pressure with all that hype , 2 2 x state champs 3 x placers with their resumes . Thinking about it I doubt any two KY wrestlers with their histories has ever wrestled , pretty cool actually .that was the biggest match in the state this yr hands down no other can come close and when it's all said and done and people look back it probably rates number one all time on paper. That's pretty awesome ,

I am sure they are glad everyone is proud of them

With all the nerves and anxiety most people probably didn't realise what they were actually seeing , it was good I have watched it over and over Stephen is lightning fast and super slick and Kevin is lightning fast and relentless , it was very good . Lots of ties some good shot attempts and some used just to fake or keep the other guy off balance or burn time ,

Either way No one can down either and no one can say anyone ran from someone , and everyone got what they wanted , I know Kevin wanted to win but I know he knows he could they were pretty even with a little different styles and strategies .

State will be a big thing for them but , after that it will be a cakewalk and of course there are those out there thinking they will take it lightly , I'm sorry to tell them I actually think they both will wrestle much better relaxed not thinking about wrestling each other , I'm betting they were BOTH in a strange state the week before their match . And I don't know about Taylor Dake , but I do know that was a lot better match and as good or better wrestlers than you will see in a lot of college matches . Hope they go undefeated the rest of the yr and win their 3rd and then tear it up at nationals Flo or whatever they are doing , Steph is headed to NHSCA and says he's going 145 , Not sure about Kevin he did Flo last yr but hopefully they do Fargo a couple weeks of them training together and I think they could both AA it would be awesome , I expect a big difference this yr at Fargo compared to last ,a 220 lb difference LoL

I doubt my other son Austin ever gets the chance to have this type of in state match , same goes for pretty much everyone else currently wrestling , these two had everything set up for the ultimate match up , pretty cool proud of my Son and Kevin they will be rembered forever for their big match , that's awesome . Everyone there will remember and most were impressed , .

As usual its on to the next tournament and day but honestly I felt like taking my boy out for a beer or something And I don't even drink .

Third round good luck to your boy and I hope he gets it done this yr I know it's a battle trying to fill out and all but it will come , good luck to all the Erdmans as well , Ryle is on the rise for sure .

Regionals at CC should be exciting stuff .

mpire.

Just saw 1 of your posts with comments about Miron in it. You are right he does charge what he thinks he's worth. There is much more to this man than you give him credit for. You may not belive it but he cares very deeply for those kids that come to him. A good example of this is when Jordan passsed away this summer he cleared his schedule and made the 4-5 hour trip to come to his furneal though we had not trained with or seen him for the 2 1/2 years since jordan graduated from high school. He still calls me every month to month and a half to check on me and the rest of the family. This post is not meant to a shot at you or to even try to change anyones ideas of what they believe about him. It just me letting people know that there is another side of the man that very few people know about.

nick murphy

That's awesome and I could see him caring like that ,and sorry for your loss , as I said I wanted my kids to train with him very badly he always complimented them and always has and has always been respectful , and I think hes a great coach and shows awesome stuff , my comment was just aimed at the price , I couldn't afford his , If I could have Stephen and Austin would probably be throwing kids all over the place ,

I always made them battle

The Miron kids very hard ,they were good and I know Miron is good some of the parents of the Miron trained kids around Columbus and Cincy were ....... Kind of punky / cocky .

same goes for their kids ,like me but not my kids ... My kids have never lost to a Miron wrestler ,

I remember Cincy nationals Miron always did an exhibition having his wrestlers show all his stuff big fancy throws things I couldn't even explain belly to belly twisting far out Miron stuff , our youth coach looks at a kid out there showing all this stuff and says wow that kida awesome , I said yeah steph has him I'm his class , he says oh $h/t I say , he can beat him , they line up ref says wrestle kid goes to throw Sam he blocks it throws him pin 6 sec ,it's how it goes , you don't have to be fancy or spend thousands , or buy fancy bands and training equipment when there are good rocks outside that you can do more with .

Mpire, I just wanted to Congratulate you and your sons on the many wins, Stephen with his more resent win over Cooper (SK) 7-2 that is outstanding! Then Austin with his victory in Ohio this past weekend, all line in 1st period! They truly are great athletes!

Mpire, I just wanted to Congratulate you and your sons on the many wins, Stephen with his more resent win over Cooper (SK) 7-2 that is outstanding! Then Austin with his victory in Ohio this past weekend, all line in 1st period! They truly are great athletes!

Did not mean to post that twice, sorry

I won't swear to it, but as far as I know, Kevins brother Brad was probably the most successful collegiate wrestler to come out of Kentucky. As for my younger guys, thanks for the advise Mpire, it will go to good use.
Kyle Ruschell would disagree.

There was never any disrespect intended towards Kyle. He is someone that I am very proud of as a Kentucky wrestler. In my opinion, I believe that you can make a strong argument for either of these guys.

IWIN....I don't even really want to go here because I think it's tacky and i have much respect for both. But there is no argument when comparing achievements. No disrespect to Cooper. He was one of the states best ever.

PinAndWin, I didn't have any type of malicious intent for the comment. It was simply an opinion. I'm not sure where its tacky, but that is your opinion. Is Kyle probably more known for his achievements, sure. My point is, when you compare the cream of the crop from D1 to NAIA or even JUCO, I don't see a whole lot of difference. Both of these men have my utmost respect. Let's not take a mere compliment and turn it into something different.

Mpire,

thank you for the kind comments I enjoyed them very much.

I did not have the ability to train my kids, when they started wrestling I had never even seen a high school wrestling match. Jordan did not start wrestling till the 8th grade so I needed to make up ground as fast we could. that is how we got to Miron's.

The funny thing about Miron is that what he shows at his exibitions is not what he teaches at his camps. You do nothing but practice inside trips, out side sweeps, single/double legs etc, then the counters to each of these moves. obtw I still have the rocks in my house that the kids used at his camps. lol

ps

I am looking foward to be able to watch your kids wrestle live for the 1st time at state this year.

Didn't know Miron used rocks lol , and I figured Miron used some of the fancy stuff to lure people

In , I heard he was a strict drill kinda guy , made me mad my kids never got to go there even more . I didn't know he used rocks LoL I stole my ideals on the rocks

From

Watching the French foreign legion train , a Rock is a very fancy piece of equipment in the desert . Lol

My boys may have some wars ahead this yr , neither are perfect

That wrestler , thanks

My point is, when you compare the cream of the crop from D1 to NAIA or even JUCO, I don't see a whole lot of difference.

Really? Interesting. I think most would opine that NAIA is on par with DII/III but not DI.

But wouldn't most agree that D2 and 3 is probably on par with D1? If this is so, that makes NAIA just as relevant. And I have seem JUCO wrestlers step up to D1 and fall right into place. It's all relative to who you want back.

Your missing the point all the way around. First, I wasn't saying Your statement was tacky. I was saying to sit here and argue about it was tacky BUT you said Cooper was probably the best ever in Ky . I was merely agreeing with DamonMBarnes. An didn't want it to become a major debate. Wasn't offended by your opinion just totally disagree. It's ok:)

Your missing the point all the way around. First, I wasn't saying Your statement was tacky. I was saying to sit here and argue about it was tacky BUT you said Cooper was probably the best ever in Ky . I was merely agreeing with DamonMBarnes. An didn't want it to become a major debate. Wasn't offended by your opinion just totally disagree. It's ok:)

That's cool man. I see what your saying now. Thanks for clarifying. And your right, no debate needed, these are two of the best, ever.