Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

Cooper- Myers Battle !!!!

I understand there will be the biggest showdown of two of the best wrestlers to ever grace the bluegrass !!!

The place------SIMON KENTON HIGH SCHOOL

The day ------Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It doesn' get any better than this SHOWDOWN / THROWDOWN !!!!!

I would absolutely love to be there....This matchup should fill the stands and hoping it gets taped for all to see. Both pound for pound two of the best ever in the State !

I'll say this SK and CC are wrestling on Wed. And both Cooper and SAM have been wrestling 152 the last couple of weeks.

My guess is that both camps the Meyer (CC) camp and the Cooper (SK) camp want to find out the results of the match. Either way I don't think it really decides the outcome of the dual. CC will pull this one out regardless.

If Cooper and Meyer both go 152 Campbell will probably get a pin at 160 with Bachman

If Cooper goes 160 then Meyers gets the pin at 152 and at best/worst matches Coopers' pin at 160.

If Meyers goes 160 then that means Woods is back in the lineup at 152 with Meyers pinning at 160 and at best/worst Cooper pinning at 152. / or maybe Hamilton goes 152 and Cooper does not pin Hamilton but just wins with Woods at 145 with a pin.

The one that knows is being quiet for the first time since I've been on the forums. Mpire will we get to see this? Everyone has been talking about this all year and you are the one that can answer all the questions.

Stephen is going 152 , from what I am told

Austin is going 220 I know

Nick Sinclair is hvy I am sure .

These are the things I know .

And Austin has a big butt ....I mean powerful hips which give him superhuman mutant like abilities beyond those of ordinary humans along with a keen sense of defense as well as explosive offensive wrestling capabilities . And the genetic potential to become the greatest fullback in Camel History .

And I know graham has very weak upper weights that led to Blair picking them apart .

• Upvote 1

Graham peaked when they had David Taylor, are there any Jordans left after Micah? From my knowledge they only have two big time prospects currently in their system outside of the Jordans. But when I don't have my teammates around me I am horribly out of touch with Ohio wrestling.

But back to the Kentucky side of things, if somebody doesn't film the match between Cooper and Myers (from a decent angle) and then upload it to youtube I will personally headbutt each and every attendee of that dual hahaha

Yes they have a younger son , he is a beast , and they will reload as usual .They have traditionally been weak at upper weights .

Well Mr Ft Campbell, get ready for another peak at Graham in a few years. Coach Jordan told me the 7th grade class (which includes Rocky Jordan) is likely the best ever at Graham. I see them a ton and we wrestle them on a regular basis. And I've seen them go live with a lot of varsity kids (both OH and KY) and I will tell you this. You enter their middle school team in the KY High School post season and they place top 20 at state. No doubt.

I agree they peaked with Taylor , but will reload recruit as needed . They were nat # 1 with DT and I doubt they are state # 1 this yr , of course they are in d2 but they have private school privelage as a public school .their d2 d1 debate every year is a bit ridiculous , besides they are dirty as hell ranger your an obvious graham sycophant , I think I will puke now .

Well Mr Ft Campbell, get ready for another peak at Graham in a few years. Coach Jordan told me the 7th grade class (which includes Rocky Jordan) is likely the best ever at Graham. I see them a ton and we wrestle them on a regular basis. And I've seen them go live with a lot of varsity kids (both OH and KY) and I will tell you this. You enter their middle school team in the KY High School post season and they place top 20 at state. No doubt.

That sounds a lot like you're saying Graham grows their own and has in the past. Aside from the Jordans that is not the case. DT for one is an obvious recruit. Felipe, the Thomusseits, are others. Jordan is a great coach, but there are a dozen better ones in Ohio alone.

Making top 20 with a middle school team in KY is great , but don't get carried away I have seen middle school teams in Ohio other than graham who would place higher than them in KY and Ohio and they were not all lightweights .

I saw a Prodigy team beat a very good ECCW 76 to 3 one yr at West Virginia duals . And the only loss Came to a kid who just left Prodigy .

I guess if these kids are from graham they are a lot more impressive , but I doubt they are all from that district originally if they are at all .

Very impressive but they do not play by the same rules as everyone else and use their advantage to draw more wrestlers to them and to train with them it's a great strategy . And everyone overlooks it because they are good it's how capitalism works .

Making top 20 with a middle school team in KY is great , but don't get carried away I have seen middle school teams in Ohio other than graham who would place higher than them in KY and Ohio and they were not all lightweights .

Not sure what your point is. My reply was in reference to Graham's dip. Yes I am a Jeff Jordan fan and would consider him a friend. I never claimed all of their kids are home grown, but Campbell and Union can't claim that either.

No but Campbell and Unions kids live there , and if you are implying my own that's funny they were born where they wrestle the same county probably closer to their school than most kids in it .

I don't really see a dip

They have always been weak here and there they are not successful at recruiting heavier kids

Maybe one day graham their coaches or their influence will

Screw your kid and you might not be So friendly .

But you probably don't have to worry .

As I said capitalism ,victors make the history and sycophants who wish to be apart of something better always bow down to betters wrongs and shortcomings . Now we know where each other stands COACH .

Don't bother dealing or talking with your teams transfers , go rub elbows with the coach and team that's screws your owns wrestlers so you can insure hanging with the powerhouse up north , while you obviously side against the kid that helped make your own team a powerhouse .

I see your point you subtly attack my boys and Jayce Carr , LoL

Knocking your own state by saying your friends middle school team would beat most of your states high school teams , when they would do the same to a lot in their own , you obviously fall victim to the negativity cast on your own state by those outside of it and become a part of the negativity that keeps it down , there is no magic up north it's a joke everyone shows up wrestles live and no one is shown anything spectacular outside of their own team it's simply a room that has a massive following because of those that show up , it's hillarious , Prodigy and Miron actually show more wrestling , but Jordan's always has a bigger following because of numbers and ease and history .

Perfect example of how utterly terrible this forum has become. Good thread started about the potential matchup of two absolute studs and its quickly reduced to mpire rambling on incoherently about nonsense that no one could care less about. I know tons of folks speak highly of Mr Myers and say he is nice and respectful in person...quick question...when you all meet him do you ever ask why he's such a massive tool on the internet? I mean, the list of people he has directly attacked on here grows everyday and it's getting out of hand. Does anyone feel the need to maybe confront him about being so aggressive and combatitive on a forum that solely discusses HS sports? Perhaps the CC coaches or other parents? Or does everyone just gush over how incredibly nice and interesting he is in person?

For some folks who are either geographically seperated, or otherwise, from KY wrestling this used to be a great source of information, a place to exchange opinions on teams, indiv. wrestlers, coaching strategies, college recruiting, etc. Now?? Its the Mpire show 24/7 Nothing more.

I'll be showing myself out now because it's obvious to me from prior observations that within moments of hitting POST I will be flamed by mpire and his ilk. He will likely call me something derogatory and say something vaguely threatening like "my kid is next" or "thats wut you thunk cause youll never be a champ"" blah blah.

Just wanted to get my 2cents in first.

Grappler of old: you're still the best all around poster on here. thanks for all the new info you add and being able to recall the past better than anyone, I want to get a beer with you someday and just talk about riding legs in polyester singlets.

Ranger, thanks, nothing more to say.

A few others I've always enjoyed reading:

cmcoy (he does more for this sport than probably any one person since Coach Rusty Parks)

kdsmith

mathound

MatMamma

pridewrestler

jpizar83

eville dad

ubtappin

pioneer_pride

Josh Claywell (any sports journalist that actually understands and covers wrestling deserves support)

tiltfor3

Mr Granby

just Wrestle

ManBearPig

and I'm sure I missed more.

peace.

• Upvote 1

Didn't even read more than two lines of your post , I did not comment on this thread untill asked and I was asked what I knew , I did not divert it to a graham Jordan love / hate fest , not did I pump up graham middle by saying they would beat most ky high school teams , I do have a chip on my shoulder with good reason due to recent events , I think most honest people could see why and if they do not all they need do is watch a match , and if they still choose to blast me for it , to h with them particularly Anyone from my kids school or team nothing worse than a hometown hater .

And I don't care who is friends with who who does what who has been where done that or won 4 NCAA titles , brother if you blast on me it's all good you cheat my kid or side with anyone that does and your just a pile of $h/; to me .

And for all your crybabying about me did you or do you not see how me and my own kids are drug through the mud on other sites , a kid loses a summer tourny after wrestling for a few weeks and it's big news and used to bash a kid and his parent because he moved to ky where he was warned and bashed to begin with , you know why people like some people ,they say what they think they are not afraid , if you think I shouldn't talk back or defend myself or my kids that's your problem I think everyone knows why I am ticked at graham even those I have argued with on here can see , and I do not have to bow down and nit make waves because some or doesn't want to upset or make graham Jordan or ranger or coach b or anyone else

Mad I say what I feel and think and usually I am dead on .

Perfect example of how utterly terrible this forum has become. Good thread started about the potential matchup of two absolute studs and its quickly reduced to mpire rambling on incoherently about nonsense that no one could care less about. I know tons of folks speak highly of Mr Myers and say he is nice and respectful in person...quick question...when you all meet him do you ever ask why he's such a massive tool on the internet? I mean, the list of people he has directly attacked on here grows everyday and it's getting out of hand. Does anyone feel the need to maybe confront him about being so aggressive and combatitive on a forum that solely discusses HS sports? Perhaps the CC coaches or other parents? Or does everyone just gush over how incredibly nice and interesting he is in person?

For some folks who are either geographically seperated, or otherwise, from KY wrestling this used to be a great source of information, a place to exchange opinions on teams, indiv. wrestlers, coaching strategies, college recruiting, etc. Now?? Its the Mpire show 24/7 Nothing more.

I'll be showing myself out now because it's obvious to me from prior observations that within moments of hitting POST I will be flamed by mpire and his ilk. He will likely call me something derogatory and say something vaguely threatening like "my kid is next" or "thats wut you thunk cause youll never be a champ"" blah blah.

Just wanted to get my 2cents in first.

Grappler of old: you're still the best all around poster on here. thanks for all the new info you add and being able to recall the past better than anyone, I want to get a beer with you someday and just talk about riding legs in polyester singlets.

Ranger, thanks, nothing more to say.

A few others I've always enjoyed reading:

cmcoy (he does more for this sport than probably any one person since Coach Rusty Parks)

kdsmith

mathound

MatMamma

pridewrestler

jpizar83

eville dad

ubtappin

pioneer_pride

Josh Claywell (any sports journalist that actually understands and covers wrestling deserves support)

tiltfor3

Mr Granby

just Wrestle

ManBearPig

and I'm sure I missed more.

peace.

AMEN KYgrappler!

KYgrappler, good point on the tangents. Too many of us (myself included) sometimes allow ourselves to get sidetracked on negative topics that destroy great discussions.

That said, I have a couple last points to make regarding Graham/Jordan. Jeff owes me, my kids, or my team nothing. BUT Jeff, his assistants, wrestlers, and parents have done a great deal to help my kids and those training with us get better. He has gone out of his way to treat my boys as well as anyone on his team. One day soon, Jeff will be sitting across the mat in the opposing coaches chair. And yes he may influence a call or 2 that may result in a tough loss for my boy. Will it suck. Yes. But that situation happens every single weekend we step on the mat. It goes both ways. It's not Jordan's fault that he may influence an official to make a call. He's doing his job. All I will tell my boy is get a big enough lead so that questionable call doesn't impact the final result. Rearding your boys or Jayce (and Blackwell), I didn't say anything negative; not taking anything away from great wrestlers. You should appreciate what I did. Just stated facts. They are move ins who did not grow up in the programs they are wrestling for. And finally, not taking anything away from any KY high school teams. Just giving some reference for how good their 7th grade class is. And yes, they are local Graham kids.

So, how about the Cooper-Myers battle...

I agree KY Grappler, this site used to be about good natured conversations about potential matches and what other people felt about wrestling in general. I'm no longer in KY but I still try to follow the wrestlers and programs there, but WOW this has turned into something very different and not at all good for KY wrestling. People have differing opinions and we should respect that, not call them idiots because they don't feel the same way you do!!!!!!!!!