Sign in to follow this  
three

cmmcoy where did you get the info from?

That use to be the rule but I think the rule book only says. "a contestant shall not wrestle more than one weight class above that class for which the actual weight, at the time of weigh-in qualifies, the competitor."  I don't see  anything about minimum wt. for 103.

I could be wrong however. 

my freshman year in 04-05 i weighed 75 di they change it or something?

Tj Berryman from southern weighed only 88 pounds every match and still wrestled if that helps at all...

cmmcoy where did you get the info from?

That use to be the rule but I think the rule book only says. "a contestant shall not wrestle more than one weight class above that class for which the actual weight, at the time of weigh-in qualifies, the competitor."  I don't see  anything about minimum wt. for 103.

I could be wrong however. 

what is the rule?

I emailed the NFHS to see what they had to say:

What is the minimum weight for a 103 lb. wrestler?

It used to be 88 lbs, is it still?

Thank you for your time.

The NFHS no longer has a rule on minimum weight for the 103 pound weight class.  You need to contact your State Association office to see if they have a more restrictive rule on this minimum weight.

Thanks,

Bob Colgate

Bob Colgate

Assistant Director

National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)

Guest cmccoy

I guess that I did not realize it had changed. When OI wrestled it was 88 pounds. I apologize for giving the wrong info.

I have checked with all of my resources and I am told it is really up to the coach and wrestler how light you can be, most coaches will not let a person go 20 pounds light because of injury possibilities, then you get perceived as too risky and will cost you your job

Ok does Kentucky have a rule on 103. The NHFS does not. Just trying to get a definite answer before the season starts .

The NFHS no longer has a rule on minimum weight for the 103 pound weight class.  You need to contact your State Association office to see if they have a more restrictive rule on this minimum weight.

Thanks,

Bob Colgate

Bob Colgate

Assistant Director

National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS)

Just checking to see if anyone has herd different?  Seems to be odd that one weight class would not have a minimum weight.

robbie vaughn from simon kenton will be there... he will be tough.. he has hit some off season tournaments, hit a camp or too.. and has been in the weight room a whole bunch..Hes a dedicated worker i would say