Sign in to follow this  
Wrasslr

Covington Catholic to start Wrestling in 2013

I know nothing but I'll throw two names out I think would be good. Clint Bell or Steve Kaiser. Again, I know nothing....just my two cents.

Who doesn't know Govenor Barnes?  JK . 

I think you all are off.  I will put my two cents in and say with high conviction the new coach at Cov Cath is going to be Dave Johnson from Ryle. 

Here is what I will predict Dr. Watson.

Since Cougar05 is the one who started this.

HMM who are the Cougars??? Who coached another private school in Nky??? Who also started another program in NKY???Who is young but with enough experience to be a head coach??? And who is available and looking to move up???

I would have to deduce the one being that Cougar05 is refering to would be the one and only.

Clint Bell.  I agree with you Mccoy. 

I don't believe Steven Kaiser would leave SK with what he has going for him there. 

HMM who are the Cougars??? Who coached another private school in Nky??? Who also started another program in NKY???Who is young but with enough experience to be a head coach??? And who is available and looking to move up???

I would have to deduce the one being that Cougar05 is refering to would be the one and only.

I don't believe Steven Kaiser would leave SK with what he has going for him there. 

Dave Johnson fills all the credential that you listed except coaching a private school.....I agree with trithis

GOO- I only know because I inquired about the position, was told it was filled and if I was interested in an Asst. coaching position I needed to contact a certain person in regards to it.

The Breakdown...

Canter: starts a new chapter... well a new book. Retiring, time on side. knows how to build a program. 

Bankemper: same boat as Canter but w/ more connections in the north.

Governor Barnes: he should run for office, something would get done, and heads would roll.  His kids go to Private school, HMMM! Makes sense, and he too has worked on a program from the dirt.

Johnson would be a good fit, helped start the Cooper program from the ground,  but he could very well be in line at Ryle should Ruschell step aside with TJ in college. 

Gray:   Campbell assist. who also been waiting in the wings of Coach B

Bell: in same boat as the others, Badida been around since early 1900's. JK Has start up experience at Brossart (Catholic)

Spatola: spent alot of time on this side of the river, Catholic Elder grad. 

Boyle: Former SK coach to State Championship 87, retired Superintendent, nothing better to do.

Why not cross the River to one of the Catholic schools like Moeller, LaSalle, Elder ?

Probably none of the above, probably hired Brian Kelly out of Notre Dame just to recruit wrestlers and a wrestling schlep for technique.

Unfortunately that last attempt did not turn out well

I bet it's Mpire. A long awaited plan to find a home he can call his own, an Empire to build. One topic he has yet to comment on, he is sandbagging, gonna slip in the back door and surprise everyone. 

I bet it's Mpire. A long awaited plan to find a home he can call his own, an Empire to build. One topic he has yet to comment on, he is sandbagging, gonna slip in the back door and surprise everyone. 

I'd like to see him and Bishop Foys go a round or two!  My money is on the Bishop!

I doubt it's Bankamper or Grey ,

Spatola would be interesting !

I don't see Cov Cath being a powerhouse any Time soon regardless , to many public schools on the money in NKY CC is a dynasty , SK is tough and Ryle is determined and in a building phase if I could say that , CC dominated almost every school in Cincy , with the expectations of most private schools , i see a rocky road ahead , but tey could have some quick success with their football studs and ability to recruit , I hope not though

I agree with Mpire about taking time to build the program. They are not going to be contenders anytime soon imo. They will have a few strong guys in the upper weight classes 152 and up just because there athletes but as we all know wrestling is an art and strength alone will not get you to the state tourney unless your a heavyweight.

Something to think about....How many second string wrestlers would see this as a opportunity to be able to participate on the varsity level.  Many of the NKY second string wrestlers are better than other teams varsity wrestlers.  It all depends on how many parents want to shell out the money to go to Cov Cath.  Just some food for thought! 

The quickest way for a team HS team to build and build quickly is to have a serious jr high team , The parents are usually still obsessive the kids are still in a stage in their life where they are forming habits and have the energy to works and learn and drill extensively to built a muscle

Memory that will aid them in yrs ahead , the problem with that as far as COV CATH will go is , unlike the public schools their jr high kids who could take extra advantage of the HS rule " I believe if you throw them

In the fire pan they will come out Golden "Cov Cath will have no jr high that can compete on its HS team to give them a head start ..

If I were a Private school coach that would be the first thing I looked into how to get Jr High kids on my team to even things up and give my team

A boost and a good relationship with my future wrestlers ,

And lol I was a decent dad coach for about a decade football and wrestling and no I can't beat anyone wrestling anymore and probably never could have ,and I was only ejected once and it was a football game :) over a conversation :) between me Stephen and our QB , damn refs listened in :) I said" pass pass" he thought I said dumb @$$ and when he asked me what I said he said no you said "" and I said no your a ""

So I got the boot ,

Never duiring a wrestling match although a dad did get mad at me once his kid was wrestling and I was coaching two matches at once as is the case in youth at times , setting in the corner of two matches at once little jr got pinned dad flipped on me told me to get a new job , I said no way this one pays to much , his kid always missed practice and i said if you brought him half the time to practice he might quit embarrassing you and you might quit embarrassing him and his team .

Either way I have always been ridiculed different roads lead to the same path , someone without a wrestling background who actually learns and has a different approach will get frowned upon because people are afraid of things they do not understand or of things out of the ordinary , . Depending on how determined a kid is or how obsessive his parents are , it is not that much of a stretch to think someone could create one of the best teams in the country from scratch .i know I could but will never get the chance , so I will just focus on the ATM .

That's what you get for picking on me another giant meaningless rambling post

I doubt it's Bankamper or Grey ,

Spatola would be interesting !

I don't see Cov Cath being a powerhouse any Time soon regardless , to many public schools on the money in NKY CC is a dynasty , SK is tough and Ryle is determined and in a building phase if I could say that , CC dominated almost every school in Cincy , with the expectations of most private schools , i see a rocky road ahead , but tey could have some quick success with their football studs and ability to recruit , I hope not though

Cc is not a dynasty yet. I believe Ryle won 11 consecutive regional tourneys before last year. But all three top NKY teams are tough every year.

Cc is not a dynasty yet. I believe Ryle won 11 consecutive regional tourneys before last year. But all three top NKY teams are tough every year.

I think 11 is a stretch.  I know CC won it in 04, 11-4=7.  So I would say they probably won it for 7 strait years prior to last year.

Well They were State champs last yr and state duals champs this yr and are looking good at state again two yrs in a row of being a state champ of one sort or another IS a Dynasty , next yr Faust , ATM , Mathews , Spahr ,Maggard . Graziani "who will be the most improved wrestler in region six because I has a hunch "he wrestles ATM I mean actually goes after him , Sinclair ,and the others ,

Sounds like a DYNASTY to me , , but maybe they have to repeat to be a Dynasty , not 11 regionals , 3 or 4 state titles in a row some more National champs or AAs , it's a powerhouse team. No questions asked , the strongest ever in NkY , there I said it , but it's true ask anyone in Ohio what the best Ky team they ever saw was ,Sorry they won't say any of those 11 Ryle team , its CC tteam that Beat every team they faced in Ohio except graham the num 1 team in Ohio , not just a Dynasty ,,an Empire that reached across the river and layed the smack down .!!!!!!!!

And don't pull that. Newcomer stuff on me i have been around a bit!!!

You guys sharing a room at the state tourney? geez.

Wow! Everyone b*#&#es when MPire says what most won't, then clowns when he is giving a true compliment. Why u wondering about the room, feeling bad you didn't get a key? Geez. Hahahahaha!