Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Pre-season Rankings 2011/2012 - October 27

Well didn't run from Ohio but my boys did leave there 1,with an undefeated yr and a state title and the other with 2 yrs in a row undefeated and a state title ,Elder was fine with us .

My boys just finished football ,who cares about Indiana this is a Ky site talking about 2 kids from ky who came back after being in Oh for a long while,

That's just to answer a few remarks I have seen .

As I said I never down anyone or make degrading comments or untrue remarks there's no need ,

As for all the bs on here everyone downing me knows absolutely nothing about me or my boys many of you are so far out of our circle or our way of life that it is totally alien to you ....there has never been any kids like mine in ky and I mean ever .my sons have a list of friends that I have trained trained with and had them around while they were growing up that most people would be fortunate to be around and learn from for a few hours you have no clue as to who we or I am .

My son gets college letters every few days both dominated the state of Oh last yr and as for me being a loser do you know who the f&@&I am ....I don't think so ..... I am the GOAT bro ...7 x state powerlifting champion 3x Mr NKY .you even breathe the same air as me dude and you get bigger faster stronger I create monsters not just champions I am the ultimate Alpha dog hahaha ,

CHRIS"MASSIVE"MYERS you cross me or doubt me and you WILL end up eating CROW .

Ask the haters across the river they learned the hard way by watching my boys totally dominate them for yrs doesn't matter to me I can be your best friend because I have nothing but love for everyone or you can end up frustrated as hell because I refuse to lose or let my kids lose we simply train harder know more and want it more ,come and do something about it if you want I will show you a loser that always wins ........that's a fact

Do you have no shame. You got kicked out of Moeller because of you, got run off by Reading, Please stop. We know your boys are very good. You don't have to remind us on every topic. I wish the best for boy the Meyer boys, but when you speak I want to see both of them to counting the lights. Enough is enough. Sounds like you want to put on the singlet and wrestle. Good luck to Grant county and your boys, they are great wrestlers. Period. Enough said.

OK I just can't resist. I apologize to my parents, teachers, and coaches but I just have to do this even though I know it is wrong and if I did this during wrestling season when I wrestled I would be running until the cows come home.

BUUUUUTTTT.

I quote "My kids will win state go to college and kick ___ there as well because its they were made for and what we live for"

This statement may be the sorriest thing I have heard on here. Who lives their life for a sport? We all love the sport of wrestling, but I definitely don't live for the sport. It sure won't put food on the table or clothes on my back.

I may one day wish that my son's are state champs and more, and it may be nice to be as good as Stephen (I have not seen Austin) I definitely would not sacrifice my kids family and friends to accomplish this. Moving schools 3 or 4 times in 4 years is not healthy, no matter how you look at it. (Socially, economically, physically, and definitely educationally) All of these suffer from moves so often. I would much prefer my kids to be socially adept and have a great education, than for them to be a 4 time state champion and a national champion.

A couple of places where you are grossly mistaken are about how Moe and Reading feel. I'm sure that having a national championship team would be wonderful but truth is they probably could care less. Especially the Board of Education. The more important thing to them is to have a team that is humble, modest, and a good sport. All of which you (maybe not your kids) lack. I for one would trade a nationally ranked kid for an average kid who is humble and a good sport any day of the week. Championships are great but when other teams and coaches recognize that your team has class on and off the mat (field, court) means much, much more.

As for being a winner at all that you do. No sir you are not. You do not win at Modesty, humility, at being Humble and more than anything else Charisma.

I know that a person should not cast stones when they live in a glass house. I'm not sure I live in a glass house, it may be plexi-glass because I am nowhere near perfect. Once again sorry mom, dad, and coach. I'll start running my laps tomorrow, at my age it may take a while.

• Upvote 4

Well said CCWrestler! I think you have said what many people on here have wanted to say! When Harrison Courtney was on his way to earning his 4th state championship, I don't remember his mom or dad being on here tooting his horn. I don't remeber it with the Stark family either, but I am getting old! The Ervins aren't on here tooting their horns either. Mr. NKY3X needs to take some lessons in humility and humbleness from the parents of a few of the great Kentucky wrestlers from the past and present!

Who lives their live for a sport?

An Athlete ,you wake up with it on your mind it never leaves your thoughts for a second you do everything you can 24/7 to make it happen then you never give up till you have won .

All this talk about not being modest or humble when half the state is out to see a kid get beat before a word has been said or they even know him or his dear old dad or the first thing about them ,because he and his brother were champs somewhere else not playing anymore games or being fake every coach out there knows its true knock of an oh stud and be a hero,well

Good luck with that and when I meet someone who has paid the dues I have for myself and my family to achieve our goals in various sports I would humbly apologise .but that person isn't anyone who would bother talking smack on a message board if he exists at all.

Walk a mile in our shoes ,not hardly no one could carry the load on our backs .

You people know nothing about us and all I'm concerned about anyone knowing is " winning is everything " everything else is distraction or board games at best.

Funny the Moeller coaches contacted me tonight as they often do always an open spot or two I have been told .

Anyone foolish enough to judge anyone from words on a message board isn't smart enough to know what it means to be a good wrestler and hasn't a chance in hell of having anything to do with coming remotely close to beating kids like mine.I don't care how mr thhis handled hs buisness he certainly is not me and has not done what I have done and his kids haven't done smack compared to mine so good for them .now shut the hell up and try to beat us or are you clowns going to try to talk us to death

Extreme narcissism...is an egotistical preoccupation with self, personal preferences, aspirations, needs, success, and how he/she is perceived by others.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of grandiosity (either in fantasy or actual behavior), an overwhelming need for admiration, and usually a complete lack of empathy toward others. People with this disorder often believe they are of primary importance in everybody's life or to anyone they meet. Indviduals with narcissistic personality disorder often display snobbish, disdainful, or patronizing attitudes.

• Upvote 1

And what's your point ,I have met the two most widely known athletes on the planet and learned from them as well as many others and although it was against my nature in the beginning I understood their tactics and the reasons and power behind them trying to use some of what I was told and when you back your hype its not hype anymore its history .as in state titles and undefeated seasons AA plaques and college scholarships ,

Argue with me till your head pops off I will still be the one laughing when its all over our goals have already been met for the most part everything else is icing ,

Please stop with the so and sos didn't do it this way .of course they didn't ,and any day you want to compare records and accomplishments between them and my boys let me know I will educate you fast with a bunch of egotistical facts that seperate the grant cty bros from the rest.starting with where they did it and who they did it and who they did it against .

Oh I am sorry. I stand corrected. MrNky. you are a lucky man. A lucky man indeed. If only I could be more like you and have a life such as yours. To only have to worry about my sons athletic accomplishments and nothing else in life must be blissful.

Can you imagine (I can't) being able to worry about an inconsequential thing such as a high school sport, and not have to worry about anything else in life. Wow. Y'know my youngest was the checker board champion at his school. As a 4th grader he defeated all the kids in his school (even the 6th graders). Maybe i should really work on this. He could be a nationally ranked checkerboard king. If I work extremely hard I could even alienate him and my entire family from the rest of the world. Then I could blame the world for all the negativity toward myself and my family. Yes, yes that is the answer.

I'm gone people. out to follow the great adventures of checkerboard championships.

• Upvote 1

Guest cmccoy

I must interject here on two things. I removed one topic and restarted it because it was destroyed by all of the talk about everything but the topic. I am going to start another one that will be open to be destroyed on its own....look for it soon.

Mr. Myers....you are wrong in your statement that all of Kentucky wants to see your kids get beat before anyone knew them. I was very intrigued by their past performances so I did my himework and will say that they are very accomplished. The only reason SOME people in Kentucky want to see them get beat has been started by the constant bickering overing their accomplishments, where they are from, and where they are going.

As a coach and wrestler from Kentucky I would like to remind you that an excellent young man and wrestler from Michigan moved here last year for the opportunity to wrestle against High School competition while he is in middle school. Many people got on here and talked about how he would walk through Kentucky because it is Kentucky. I personally witnessed this young man wrestle in 3 very tough matches in Kentucky, one being the state finals that he lost. This young man handled himself with total character and class in his loss. Now I am in no way comparing your boys or anyone else to Mark Hall. Respect is earned not given....or taken.

Coach McCoy thanks for trying to be civil but you are wrong I never said all of KY I said half and that was me being optimistic.please read my post again.thanks

As for the Moeller comments actually yes my sons were headed back to Moe it was cleared by their AD long ago and yes their coaches have contacted me quite often even today as a matter of fact, of course I have the incoming calls in my phone hahah but a holes seem to not be interested in facts ,,

The truth is I have not downed or harassed anyone who has not done so to me first and I have not lied about anything ,

There is not a school in Ohio that wouldn't want my boys in it .they are good humble hard working athletes who are great students as well because they were raised that way ,so don't be ignorant enough to think any school would not want them because of an over zealous dad ,hahah and yes I actually think the best wrestler in all ky is a fresh and he will prove it before he's done win or lose as a fresh or not ,ask his coach or any who have evercoached him including about 5 ncaa All Americans and some of the best wrestlers and coaches on the planet ,they would agree with me with a smile on their face and a comment or two about me but nontheless they would all agree,

Let the fun begin

And. I know Hall probably better than most in KY quit using him as a yardstick he was a 7th grader wrestling up so Rushell would have a spot on the team for christ sake and everyone knows it so its ridiculous how he manhandled everyone In KY and my boys may wrestle up a bit but they are not 7th graders and if mark had stayed he would have been easily the best ky wrestler ever Fact ,but now its going to be ......you willl see

Your the one doing all the talking! Oh and Moeller didn't call either quit making things up. Who are you trying to convince? Us or You.

Actually 4 times in 2 days and how much would you like to bet has been neverwas wannabe who cares ,you know nothing about any of of us ,not that it matters hide behind your username and make idiotic statements and degrading remarks who cares ,and watch as my. Boys rake up the biggest point / pin total ever in the state .

Referring back to Mark Hall, for your information Mr. NKY, he didn't completely destroy the state of KY but he did do quite a bit of damage. If he would of have destroyed than he would of been a state champ his 7th grade year instead of Myron Bradbury.

Argue with me till your head pops off I will still be the one laughing when its all over our goals have already been met for the most part everything else is icing ,

I think this is a spot where the old saying...."Arguing with a fool only proves there are two". Now, back to what this thread was intended for......rankings! Anyone have anything new to add to that. I can say we scrimmaged against Central today and Omar Jarvis is going to have a legit shot at a state title. Shoulder looks strong and he's improved a ton.

• Upvote 1

Mark is a good friend of mine and he wrestled up and did very very well ,why is everyone downing him for Losing 1 match to a kid who is in college now????

And Austin is the #1 ranked freshman in the nation at 195lbs coming in at 11 for fresh and soph most would agree he should be higher he can handle some in the top 5 !!!but hey hes only a fresh,

Fool .........I hardly think so , i think someone knows a bit about wrestling, how many times have you seen two brothers ranked top three in their class and weight in KY in the nation or elsewhere for that matter ?.........thats what i thought.......,we are ready are you.............???????????

SuperS1

Agreed Mark Hall is a great kid. Unfortunately, to some, it was the circumstances behind his situation rather than the person himself that some people disliked which was a shame. I never knew the kid to act with anything but class.

As far as seeing brothers ranked top 3 in their weight class in Kentucky, I've seen it numerous times albeit in separate years. I've seen it more than a few times in the same year as well (Please see Richard and Will Starks 2005-06 for starters) so it's not new or unprecedented. As far as the fool comment, it was never intended to "doubt" someone's wrestling intelligence or acumen, but rather the way they carry themselves. Believe it or not, some of us Kentucky hilljacks do know a few things about wrestling as well.

I'm assuming the above post was made by one of the little Meyers. If not, I apologize but if so, I wish you nothing but the best this year. I hope that you achieve all that you set out to do. I hope that you represent yourself, your family, your school and state well which by the way includes humility and sportsmanship not just results on the mat.

On a side note, congrats to John Fahy on his committment to the University of Illinois. It was definitely well deserved and earned.

Read my post ,I said top 3 in their class and weight in KY in the nation meaning from KY ranked top 3 in the nation in their weight and class so I doubt there has been many if any ,I doubt there have been many in any state but keep downplaying I'm sure its motivational

SuperS1 you should try to word your comments differently than what you have. If not we might think that you are just Mr Meyers trying to make it look like he is someone else, that thinks we want to here the same stuff over and over and over. But we know you are not him because that would be highly embarrassing.

As for the Meyers boys it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to be where you are. Congrats.