Ranger123

The Middle School List - Preseason 2011/2012

I think Meiman, is going 152 in high school, David Rich will probably go 130. He has gotten alot stronger during football season. I don't see anyone giving Meiman any problems in middle school.

what i was saying was i dont think frankrone will make weight class 130 but if he did he would walk through it lol thats what i meant to say thanks for letting us know that hes now in the 140s

Sorry. I didn't understand what was being asked!

Landon Young at 220 from Lafayette is going to be a beast in Middle School.....8th grader will get plenty of Varsity competition before Middle School State.....can make both Middle and High School in Region 7.....also Angel Vasquez at 113/120 and Justin Torgeson 106/113 are looking real good this year !

ok you asked for it....

1. Rivercity- If this team is as good as they look on paper they will smoke everyone with Frankrone, Bindner, Calhoun, Kraezig and some other placers as well

2. North Oldham Heidorf and Duncan, possibly some other placers

3. Cambell county- Wells, and yenter will make some noise

4. Union County- Sheffer, Chance oxford, Jackson Oxford and Ervin

5. Walton Verona- This team has a couple of kids that could make a run at state.

Thats all I know fellas hope I helped!

Let's not forget who won the whole thing last year. I realize the Raiders lost a state finalist and state champ but they still have 2 returning state champs, and a state placer and some potentially high placers returning in Farwick, Komjathy and a few other talented kids that could possibly place. I'm not predicting Raiders will repeat, but I think they could be top 5 or so.

Let's not forget who won the whole thing last year. I realize the Raiders lost a state finalist and state champ but they still have 2 returning state champs, and a state placer and some potentially high placers returning in Farwick, Komjathy and a few other talented kids that could possibly place. I'm not predicting Raiders will repeat, but I think they could be top 5 or so.

What Raiders? I'm pretty sure Campbell County won duals and individual school and Gray won individual club last year. I thought C.C. mascot was Camels, and Gray were Gators.

Raider Wrestling Club formerly Gray were the club and overall state champs. You're not going to argue that are you? You can go to KYSWA.org and look at the score. I'm just saying they'll be one of the top teams in the state.

If it wasn't for a technicality on the tiebraker with North Hardin, Gray might have won the State Duals as well. My point is they havent lost their entire team from last year and I believe they'll be one of the better teams this year as well.

Raider Wrestling Club formerly Gray were the club and overall state champs. You're not going to argue that are you? You can go to KYSWA.org and look at the score. I'm just saying they'll be one of the top teams in the state.

Cant say I was arguing anything in the first place. Had I known there was a name change maybe there would have been no question about it but we didnt get the memo down here in Louisville.

Yes, whoever doesn't know, Gray has changed their name for consistency reasons to tie into their high school team and break away from Gray Middle School completely. I thought it was interesting that Nkw2k11 didn't mention them as a top team this year. I think that Campbell and Raider Wrestling would be a very competitive dual this year.

Raider will b tough as well I know I didnt mention them but i dont think there good enough to be in the top three maybe 4th or 5th. As far as union goes yes there tough but i see rivercity having 8 placers as well. It will be a good battle at state duals. Not arguing Grey was a great team they were, but I dont see them winning it as you said Pin And Win. Agreed with what you said but still belive its North oldham and Rivercity who are the ones to beat.

After watching the Raiders this weekend, I would not keep them out of contention with River City, Walton, Campbell Co and Union for the top spot. All four teams will be fighting it out for the spot on the podium and to see who take home the hardware. It will be fun to see so many strong teams at the top.

five

It is very early and I've only been to 2 tournaments but since there isn't anyone listed at 168 I'll throw a couple kids out there, The returning placer for Oldham Co. looks good and so does the returning state qualifier for Elkhorn, not sure of both of their names. I think they met at Summit View and Oldham won on points but they both look tough this early in the season.

As far as weight class updates, I'd say plenty of kids will be dropping once the 2lb allowance kicks in so anything they have been wrestling isn't likely an indicator of where they will be come District time.

Barton, (Shamrock Club) beat Heidorf (North Oldham) last week. There's a move-in from Oregon at Oldham, Tarrin Pulley(sp?) that will challenge Binder (River City). OC and NO looking plenty tough in the early season. River City is dominating.

Barton, (Shamrock Club) beat Heidorf (North Oldham) last week. There's a move-in from Oregon at Oldham, Tarrin Pulley(sp?) that will challenge Binder (River City). OC and NO looking plenty tough in the early season. River City is dominating.

Taran Floyd. Originally from OC but spent the last 3 years in Oregon. Very tough kid and we should see some great things from him this year.

I don't know if AJ even knows what weight he'll go for state. If he goes 92, I don't think he'll have much trouble. At 98, I think he's got a great shot. I know he's worked his tail off this past off season. I'm not saying he cant be beat, but they better be on their A game. It would take a lot to deny him this year. Just my opinion of course.

I Think Bindner is going to run the tables at either weight. I watched him up at super 32 this year, he looks unbeatable, but there are some tough kids at 98, Bindner is ranked as favorite for 92, Which weight will he go? I cant wait to see what happens at state this year and how some kids come back after either a win or loss, I think jackoson oxford is looking awesome as well, him and Frankrone will be a fun one to watch. I dont know much about kids from the louisville area being that im a northern kid of guy ;)

Bindner will go whatever weight the Coaches from Rivercity want him to go.He is in the middle of 92 and 98.(unless he hits a growth spurt,and I don't see that happening,lol).I will say after watching the first week of the season I can't wait to see all the little guys from Rivercity,Walton,CC,and Union go at it. All are stacked with great small wrestlers.

• Upvote 2