Sign in to follow this  
JCB0577

Team Kentucky

i think that 117 duncan from north wrestled off caleb ray from river city and duncan beat him for a spot at 117

Duncan is a 112 wrestler. Are wrestlers aloud to move up a weight on Team Kentucky or do they just have to wrestle the weight that they wrestled at State?

You are correct, but you do not have to wrestle off if you won state in a certain weight class. In Belk's case he wasn't sure if he was going to wrestle 117 or move to 124. I(being his dad and a coach) told his it would be in his best intrests to wrestle 117 again rather than move up and wrestle off. But you are absolutly correct, the coach can move anyone he wishes. Duncan and Ray wrestled off for alternate Ninja. I am sure with Meiman deciding to wrestle this will be a team to beat. Not sure about the lower classes, but with Binder, L.Erdman, Hiedorf, J.Erdman, Shirkey, Belk, Frankrone, D.Lampe, Meiman, Matthews, and not too sure on rest will be a heck of a duel team.

were are the practices for team Kentucky, I was going to wrestle for bluegrass warriors but i decided not to and I got third at 124 lbs

I believe the line up will look like this:

75- Scheffer 2x state champ

80- Binder 2 x state champ

85- Wiley 2x state champ (MOW-2011)

90- Hurst Runner up

95- L. Erdmen state champ

102- Heidorf state champ

110- Shirkey state champ

117- Belk state champ

125- Frankone 2x state champ ( MOW-2010)

132- Lampe state champ

140- Meimen state champ

150- Warwick state champ

160- Mathews 2x state champ

175-

195-

220-

275-

I have no clue on the bottom 4. Looks like a solid team, hopefully they will make it out of there pool and into the gold pool. 5 two time state champs are nice, especially since 4 of them will be returning next year. I dont believe kentucky has never placed higher than 9. Good luck next weekend boys.

This is the final line up:

75- Sheffer

80- Binder

85- Wiley

90- Hurst

95- L. Erdman

102- J. Erdman

110- Shirkey

117- Belk

125- Frankrone

132- Lampe

140- Meiman

150- Warwick

160- Mathews

175- Underwood

195- Weird

220- Davis

275- Brown

Alternates:

95- Barton

125- Oxford

150- Miller

90, 102, 160 and 275 were settled with wrestle offs this past weekend.

This is the official line up.

75 Scheffer 2X State Champ

80 Bindner 2X State Champ/State Runner Up

85 Wiley 2X State Champ

90 Hurst Runner Up

95 L.Erdman State Champ/State Runner Up

102 J.Erdman Runner Up

110 Shirkey State Champ/State Runner Up

117 Belk State Champ

125 Frankrone 2X State Champ

132 D.Lampe State Champ

140 Meiman State Champ

150 Warwick State Champ

160 Matthews 2X State Champ

175 Underwood State Champ

195 Weird State Runner Up

220 Davis State Placer 3rd

275 Brown State Champ

Alernates

95 Barton State Placer 3rd

125 J.Oxford State Runner Up

150 Miller State Runner Up

All the wrestlers mentioned with "runner up" listed behind their names (in my opinion) could have won it that particular year. ALL the wrestlers listed here should be proud of they're accomplishments. Hard work pays. Good luck guys.

Belk is out at 117, he is giving it up to Duncan due to weight. He weighed in at 123.5 saturday. His doctor told him not to drop any more weight, because of his body fat ratio. He has a bright future next year at a heavier weight class. He is upset that he can't wrestle with team Kentucky, and wishes them well. He will go with them and maybe wrestle some exibitions. Good luck Keegan.

I wish more parents would consult with doctors about cutting weight. I know he hates to miss, but you did the right thing.

Thanks DBW, There is alot more wrestling left after 8th grade. The kid has a bright future, and we feel we are doing the correct thing. Here at Gray/Ryle feel that kids come first, and these kids health is the first priority. I am glad to see that there is other members concerned about the future of our young wrestlers.