Sign in to follow this  
SuperDuck

Even the best can get "caught" at the high school level, not likely but he could get beat if you relax for a second. Also he could beat himself. We gotta think they are still kids and sometimes they beat themselves mentally. Once again, not likely, but it could happen.

The 171 from Ryle is Court Mace.  He wrestled JJ all of about 25 seconds in the state tournament last year until  JJ dropped him on his head in what might have been a slam.  The refs didn't let him continue that match which was probably a good thimg

Probably the correct way to have phrased your statement would have been; "the 171 # weight class has many legitimate challengers this year while four in particular stand out ." If Jude would have won the state championship last year, then I would have to agree that anyone in his weight class would definately be a worthy challenger. But as far as I can recall, Jude was no higher than a third place finish last year. Don't get me wrong, this is much respected, but there was only one state placer between he and Mace. I hope they both win their respective regions and have the opportunity to meet at state. Preferably in opposite brackets.

I thought that there was talk of Bernard Ray going down to 171?  If so, I would say he's definitely in the mix if not the favorite.

I'm glad somebody mentioned Jake Maupin, Fairdale's 171.  He doesn't have the look that some of the big names have, like JJ, but you can't let that fool you.  He has had an excellent season, and is making a name for himself.  Last season ended early for him due to an ankle injury, otherwise you would have heard more about him last season.  He is very tough.  I look for him to be standing pretty high on the podium in a couple of weeks. 

what was the score of Jude- Kuhlmer match. If I remember correctly Kuhlmer and Mace went down to the wire . Mace won with a takedown in the last few seconds.

Saw Jude wrestle for the first time this year on Saturday, and if they were to remake "Vision Quest" he'd be a shoe in to play Shute.  The kid is a monster and could easily walk away with a state championship, maybe a most pins in shortest amount of time, and possibly MOW.

Some of the weight classes are tighter towards the top competition wise, but I think with the level that he is at, his weight class has much more of a separation between the #1 and #2 than any other weight class.

Some of the weight classes are tighter towards the top competition wise, but I think with the level that he is at, his weight class has much more of a separation between the #1 and #2 than any other weight class.

Saw Jude wrestle for the first time this year on Saturday, and if they were to remake "Vision Quest" he'd be a shoe in to play Shute.  The kid is a monster and could easily walk away with a state championship, maybe a most pins in shortest amount of time, and possibly MOW.

I would like to know how many in the top five have you seen wrestle.

Not to change the subject of the posting, but I think 125 may have the biggest difference between #1 & #2. :-)

Touche.  Fahy wins 25 hands down. But So does Jude at 71.

I would like to know how many in the top five have you seen wrestle.

2 of 5.  If you go deeper 7 of the top ten. 

elaborate

I've seen Jude (1) and Troxell (5) wrestle.  I've also seen the 5 kids ranked 6-10 ranked wrestle at some point in time this season. 

All I'm saying is that compared to the competition at 171 that I've seen, JJ Jude seems to be at a level beyond anyone else in the state. 

I may be eating my words come next Saturday, we'll just have to wait and see.

i heard that zack troxell is out for the rest of the season, torn mcl or something, hope its not true but if it is i hope for a speedy recovery. couldnt have happened to a better kid..