117 Belk/Mitchell -  Belk Pin

124 Oxford, Branstetter/Frankrone - Frankrone by 2

131 Lampe/Metts - Lampe Pin

140 Meiman/Mills - Meiman Pin

150 Matthews/Miller  - Matthews by 2

165 Warwick/Brown  - Warwick by 2

185 Underwood/Adams  - Underwood by 3

230 Carr/Johnson  - Carr Pin

Heres some picks but I haven't seen any of the wrestlers from the eastern or southwest part so they may be biased towards who I have seen or what I remember from last year.

70  Wise / Jacobs            Jacobs wins    all number 1's are tough - could go any way but Jacobs seems to be clicking on all cylinders.

75  Burroughs / Sheffer  Burroughs wins

82  Bindner / Wiley          Bindner wins #3 - this is the match to watch

89  Erdman / Putty          Erdman wins  Put too much hard work in over the past 12 months for anyone to hang with him.

96  Heidorf / Erdman      Heidorf wins  My heart tells me to go with Emerson. He always finds a way when the chips are on the line

and he will probably prove me wrong this year and be in the finals.  Seocond toughest weight class

103 Smith / Poynter        Poynter wins One of the most talented first  year wrestlers to come along in a while.

110 Shirkey / Duncan      Shirkey wins  rematch of districts and regionals. Shirkey is one of the quickest wrestlers on his feet at state this year.

117 Mitchell / Belk          Belk wins      Pound for pound 2  of the strongest wrestlers at state

124 Oxford / Frankrone  Frankrone wins  Anyone can be beat on any day - don't see anyone doing it here

131 Smith / Lampe          Lampe wins  Another Lampe with a state title

140 Meiman / Mills          Meiman wins

150 Matthews / ????      Matthews wins Haven't seen enough of the wrestlers on the bottom half of the bracket to make a decision

but Matthews is going to be tough to beat

165 Dodd / Warwick        Dodd wins        Again haven't seen much of the bottom half so could be another wrestler in there

185 Adams / Underwood Underwood wins  The 2 semis in this weight class are going to be the best of any weight class. All 4 of these

kids are beasts that wrestle tough. Could go either way but had to pick 2 for the finals. The

toughest weight class top to bottom this year

HWT Johnson / Young      Johnson wins        All 4 number 1 seeds could make this their year. Haven't seen them against each other to truly

pick 1 over the other but Johnson looked very good when I saw him this year.

Once again should be a great state tournament.  I hate to see it come to an end.

For 110 either Shirkey and Duncan or Shirkey and Wright. I haven't gotten to watch Wright wrestle this year but he is pretty good, I don't know if he could beat Duncan though

OK Ranger, who's this Kline kid from Trigg?  Seems like he's getting alot of attention but up to today has been nowhere on the radar.  Can this kid stand up to the competition that the other regions are going to throw at him?

Kline already beat Robert Smith ( Union ) @ Christian Co early this year ... Robert beat him @ Caldwell Co in early December.  Kline is tough dude and only in his second yr.....,  believe he only has the 1 loss on the year @ 103.   

"Kline already beat Robert Smith ( Union ) @ Christian Co early this year ... Robert beat him @ Caldwell Co in early December.  Kline is tough dude and only in his second yr.....,  believe he only has the 1 loss on the year @ 103." 

Did Kline win by decision or pin?  Reason I'm asking is he caught Wiley in a head and arm last year at state.  Was wondering if that's how he won with Smith.  Can he string enough wins together to get to the finals?  Not saying he can't but he'll need more than a head lock to get there.  I haven't had a chance to see him this year to see if he's progressed technically, but he looked to be a really good athlete with a lot of upside.

Kline already beat Robert Smith ( Union ) @ Christian Co early this year ... Robert beat him @ Caldwell Co in early December.  Kline is tough dude and only in his second yr.....,  believe he only has the 1 loss on the year @ 103. 

So does anybody know if he wrestling up at 103 all year, or is he cutting to 96?

Wow KYCoach you have more pins than Bic.Pins in the finals are few,I won't argue your picks but I can tell you one thing for sure J.Erdman has zero chance at pinning Heidorf.I watched Erdman get beat by Elkins last year so I guess that match sticks in my mind,he could win but we practiced with Elkins last year and Heidorf this year so he better have improved a ton.

Wow KYCoach you have more pins than Bic.Pins in the finals are few,I won't argue your picks but I can tell you one thing for sure J.Erdman has zero chance at pinning Heidorf.I watched Erdman get beat by Elkins last year so I guess that match sticks in my mind,he could win but we practiced with Elkins last year and Heidorf this year so he better have improved a ton.

LMAO....you do know that Bic makes "PENS" not "pins"......  I do agree that Heidorf is going to be tough to pin though.........

LOL ya I know but that is all I could think of.I was just jabing at kycoach because he had 8 pins in the finals,last year there was only 3(all in the heavier wt classes).In the 96lb class I can't see anyone getting pinned in the finals.I would also say the same for 70,75 and 82.To much talent in finals for pins. I could be wrong,but I think we are going to see a lot of 1 and 2 point matches in the finals and if there is a pin in any of these classes they would make a strong case for MOW.

WHS98 - you can jab at me.  I can take it.  My pins were only a guess and I am biased in my picks of what I have seen and most of the kids I see are in NKY.  8 pins might be too much, but my picks should be close.  If not, that's ok.  I don't decide the outcome anyway.

I know of one N.Oldham wrestler who will have a long walk home if he don't make it out of the first round.lol

WHS98, There's a River City Wrestler that can walk with yours if he don't make it out of the 1st round too! LOL! LOL!