John Hardin

Doss

Western

Ohio

PRP

Desales

Paducah Tilghman

Fort Knox

It's an individual weight class tourney that starts at 10 a.m. Saturday. I'm guessing -- strictly guessing -- that weighins begin around 9. Pretty sure it's double elimination.

Finals just ended about 15 minutes ago. All I know is Hardin County area schools had five kids in finals: Aaron House, Darrius Parrott and Marcus Cross from North Hardin, and Abraham Perez and Andre Dean from Fort Knox.

#1 Tates Creek

#2 North Oldham

#3 Christian County (I believe)

#4 PRP

Tate guys looked really tough, as did North and Christian County.  Nelson, I thought, was really surprising...they have some tough guys.  I'm sure full results will be posted soon.

The most interesting story of the tournament, in my opinion (I'm a little bias), was Deshawn Barrow from Fern Creek weighing in at 147 but bumping up to 152 for "better competition" and winning the whole thing.  He knocked off Grubbs and Hinkle which is no easy task. 

The most interesting story of the tournament, in my opinion (I'm a little bias), was Deshawn Barrow from Fern Creek weighing in at 147 but bumping up to 152 for "better competition" and winning the whole thing.  He knocked off Grubbs and Hinkle which is no easy task.

Might be biased also, but I'd say that's pretty impressive.  One of Hinkle's only losses if I'm correct.

that is hinkles only loss on the season

My personal opinion, Barrow at 145, and Hinkle at 152 are two of the most underrated wrestlers.  We'll see how they perform coming down the stretch of the season, and hopefully under the lights in Frankfort.  Good luck to both.

I'm guessing he/she thinks Hinkle should be ranked higher.

I don't care what your record is you can only expect so much when you are in the same weight class as Caleb Ervin.

I don't care what your record is you can only expect so much when you are in the same weight class as Caleb Ervin.

Personally, I like looking at the rankings, but that's not what I was referring to.  I was calling them both underrated in wrestling circles in the Louisville area.  You always here about the Fahys, Lampes, and countless others.  All of them are more than deserving, but in my opinion these two young men are also having stellar seasons.

That was all, and because this is the internet and tone cannot be conveyed, I am being sincere about all wrestlers being deserving when they succeed.