2nd Place - Montgomery

3rd Place - Campbell County Purple

3rd Place - Campbell County Gold

5th Place - Fern Creek

6th Place - Ashland

7th Place - Elkhorn

8th Place - Johnson Central

Thank you to all that attended!

You know, I'm not sure that the results tell the whole story, however the pools do. Pool A consisted of Johnson Central (6 or 7 kids), Mont. Co., Ashland, and Campbell Co. JV. Pool B cosisted of Gray, Campbell Co., Fern Creek, and Elkhorn. Now I like country ham, mashed taters, and green beans, but boys this some true home cookin'. If you look at the results, all the teams in Pool B beat their opposing team that came out of Pool A. More times than not, that should never happen. Your 4 BEST TEAMS were in the same Pool. It was so bad that CC took their trophy and left without wrestling, Elkhorn and Johnson Central forfieted back and forth and then up and left. And what was the team score at the end of the finals? Just curious.

You know, I'm not sure that the results tell the whole story, however the pools do. Pool A consisted of Johnson Central (6 or 7 kids), Mont. Co., Ashland, and Campbell Co. JV. Pool B cosisted of Gray, Campbell Co., Fern Creek, and Elkhorn. Now I like country ham, mashed taters, and green beans, but boys this some true home cookin'. If you look at the results, all the teams in Pool B beat their opposing team that came out of Pool A. More times than not, that should never happen. Your 4 BEST TEAMS were in the same Pool. It was so bad that CC took their trophy and left without wrestling, Elkhorn and Johnson Central forfieted back and forth and then up and left. And what was the team score at the end of the finals? Just curious.

I actually preferred that setup; it worked out great for our kids.

As a spectator, you want to see the best matches in finals.  Didn't happen here.  As DW stated, it didn't look like the pools were evenly split.  It can be hard to seed a tournament at the beginning of a season, but if i'm not mistaken Gray, Campbell Co, Fern Creek, and Elkorn have been among the the state's best middle school programs for the last several years.  The four of them probably should not have all been in one pool.  What was the criteria to determine pools?  Was there a coaches meeting to determine pools?

I'm not sure Campbell's 70 & 75 both went 3-0. I recall at least one of them getting beat but could be mistaken. We certainly got to see some good competition this weekend, just wished it didn't seem so lopsided. I'm not sure Ashland and Montgomery are going to get much out of being in a weak pool.

I'm not sure Campbell's 70 & 75 both went 3-0. I recall at least one of them getting beat but could be mistaken. We certainly got to see some good competition this weekend, just wished it didn't seem so lopsided. I'm not sure Ashland and Montgomery are going to get much out of being in a weak pool.

2 difference Campbell teams.  Campbell is extremely deep at the light weights.

Ranger123, did the Campbell B team have that many go undefeated? I wouldn't be surprised, I just didn't know which team the wrestlers were competing for.

I'm curious to know the team scores for the pool that consisted of Campbell County, Gray, Elkhorn, and Fern Creek.

Also curious to see what kids such as AJ Binder, Brady Wells, Johnny Miemen all wrestled at.

ColtAttack, I'd be interested to know what all the scores were also. I know Johnson Central only had 7 wrestlers so most of their duals were lopsided with all the forfeits.

Here are the scores that I have:

CC Purple  43  Fern Creek 39

CC Purple  33  Gray  48

CC Purple  58  Elkhorn 24

CC Gold    36  Montgomery Co. 43

CC Gold    42  Johnson Co.  30

CC Gold    48  Ashland  27

You know for all of the complaining when the brackets were set how is anyone suppose to know schools would show up with less than 7 kids. Also take a look Johnson Central is always with in the top 5 every year and Ashland is always a solid program and lets not forget any Campbell County team is tough.It did not look to me that the A team more loaded than the B team. This was a preview for the kids for whats coming up this year as far as talent. I don't see anyone complaining about Montgomery letting extras fill in on other teams to give the kids matches. It never seems to amaze me no matter what  there is negative comments no matter where the tourny is. If you don't like it hold your own tourny and shut up. For the love of god its for the kids.