140-Ashbrook/Thunueman???

145-Courtney/ Thunueman

152-Banks vs????

160-Wolsiefer

171-????

189-Starks vs Jones

215-Chaney vs Watson

275-Byrd

If you guys are right, that puts 5 in the finals for Woodford again. That pretty much means they win state again. Hard to beat 5 in the finals....what do you think Ranger? Your pretty good with numbers..

I'd like to say Larue or Fern Creek will win, but 5 in finals won't get beat.

It may be possible for Woodford to put 5 in the finals but I think

Smith is very suspect in making the finals.

Parks has a better chance but will depend on who moves up and stays down.

Byrd at HWT could be to much of a challange.

Courtney and Starks may be the only for sure finalists.

IMO they have 2-5 finalists. Therfore tha average would be 3.

I could see a few young wreslters slip into the 215 spot such as Fuller from CC he has amazing strength and has look movement for a big guy. He has also beat some of the good wrestlers you all speak of so i think there could be an upset when it comes to him and a lot of other skilled wretlers such as derek nickel which i see did pretty well this past season!

If you guys are right' date=' that puts 5 in the finals for Woodford again. That pretty much means they win state again. Hard to beat 5 in the finals....what do you think Ranger? Your pretty good with numbers..

I'd like to say Larue or Fern Creek will win, but 5 in finals won't get beat.[/quote']

I have to agree. If they get 5 in it is probably a lock. I assume those 5 would be Parks, Lewis, Courtney, Starks, and Byrd. Plus, you know Butler, Scott, Sheehan, and Mays will score some points. That will be tough to beat.

Woodford will still have a good team next year... They never have a bad team.. But regardless to win a state championship as a team you have to have all weight classes filled with people scoring and for what I know Woodford has a couple spots missing.

I'm not saying its good to have a team with no holes but it's not required to win a state championship. Look at the results from last year, five horses and three placers. That leaves them with seven that didn't place, almost half the team. They also won't have that many holes next year anyway, I can only see 103, 130, 171, and 215 is good but unproven. They should have the same kind of season as this past year, poor in duals but awesome in tournaments.

watson is defiently going 215 from his mouth unless a big change is amde on the team he had a brother steven watson who wrestled last year at 171 but when comes back from injury he will probablyl go 189 and is a pretty dang good wrestler to so if he makes 171 watson may go 189 but he said himself he was going 215 otherwise

I'm not saying its good to have a team with no holes but it's not required to win a state championship. Look at the results from last year' date=' five horses and three placers. That leaves them with seven that didn't place, almost half the team. They also won't have that many holes next year anyway, I can only see 103, 130, 171, and 215 is good but unproven. They should have the same kind of season as this past year, poor in duals but awesome in tournaments.[/quote']

Right but you have to remember that a couple of their main placers were seniors and some of their point scores were too like John Smith and a few others.

I'm not saying its good to have a team with no holes but it's not required to win a state championship. Look at the results from last year' date=' five horses and three placers. That leaves them with seven that didn't place, almost half the team. They also won't have that many holes next year anyway, I can only see 103, 130, 171, and 215 is good but unproven. They should have the same kind of season as this past year, poor in duals but awesome in tournaments.[/quote']

I wouldn't call this past season poor in duals. They handled everyone except Larue.

watson is defiently going 215 from his mouth unless a big change is amde on the team he had a brother steven watson who wrestled last year at 171 but when comes back from injury he will probablyl go 189 and is a pretty dang good wrestler to so if he makes 171 watson may go 189 but he said himself he was going 215 otherwise

Sounds like they could have a log jam in the heavyweights. If Harlow doesn't make it back to 171, then he and S. Watson battle it out for 189. J. Watson at 215. Roe and Espinoza battle for 275. That leaves 2 good wrestlers on the sideline.

i think that most f the finals are good picks but aint sure who the winners will be at 140 ashbrook and thueman would be a battle but i think ashbrook is a little better from thestand up and thueman is better on the ground good match parks and sullivan good match to but i think sullivan will habdle him now theat he is not cuttin as much wieght and gets his strength back jones and starks also a good match up both good wrestlers starks won the first one but who knows what will happen with them 2 both very explosive wrestlers peace and howard might end up beig the best match of all howard should have got a shot at peace this year but the questionable call stoped that one but i think peace after his show at nationals wil come back better then ever and howar dis the one who dont want to get beat and is one of the most athletis of all the wrestlers aint surew about the banks courtney wosifer matches if courtney went 52 and wolsiefer stayed wow that would be one to see cahney and watson good match but aint sure of the out come i like byrd but dont know if he will sweep there the big boys as easy as thought josh young adam burdin espinoza could contend and the kid from valley is tough if dockery goews heavy that could turn some heads to lt me know what you think the outcome will be

well no body can say that any thign is sure with the 32 man brackets but if all falls in order and weights are all right then:

103-Adam Carr unless sullivan is still there no body will touch him D.C from whitley county will give him a run though make sure these two wrestle before state.

112-Travis Sullivan if he move up no one will touch him got to stay lower that 119 though, remember what happened to the kid from oldam county.

119-Wood vs lewis great match up wood heathly wins every time.

125-Warner vs walks way with it as he should have this pst year

130-??????

135-Peace v.s Howard

140-Thunueman beats everyone from 135 to 145

145-Courtney

152-Banks where ever he goes very hungry

160-Wolsiefer, but not if cooper is there, never not been a Cooper from this generation from simon kenton, not to win state to much pressure, and pride will definatley win should have won this year.

171-????

189-starks

215-Chaney v.s Byrd

275-?????

But like i said with this 32 man bracket, any thing is possible, number nobody beats number 3 or 2 guy and winnes the tourney.

well no body can say that any thign is sure with the 32 man brackets but if all falls in order and weights are all right then:

103-Adam Carr unless sullivan is still there no body will touch him D.C from whitley county will give him a run though make sure these two wrestle before state.

112-Travis Sullivan if he move up no one will touch him got to stay lower that 119 though' date=' remember what happened to the kid from oldam county.

119-Wood vs lewis great match up wood heathly wins every time.

125-Warner vs walks way with it as he should have this pst year

130-??????

135-Peace v.s Howard

140-Thunueman beats everyone from 135 to 145

145-Courtney

152-Banks where ever he goes very hungry

160-Wolsiefer, but not if cooper is there, never not been a Cooper from this generation from simon kenton, not to win state to much pressure, and pride will definatley win should have won this year.

171-????

189-starks

215-Chaney v.s Byrd

275-?????

But like i said with this 32 man bracket, any thing is possible, number nobody beats number 3 or 2 guy and winnes the tourney.[/quote']

What do you mean by "Warner should have walked away with it this past year"? As I recall Scott handed it to him a few times this past seasons in about as many ways as he could. He was a distant #2 in the weight class.

No way Thuenaman beats Courtney.

I think it is a stretch to say Cooper should have won this year as well. Yes, Wolsiefer won on a last minute throw, but the last time I checked the match lasts 6 minutes and they all count. And as I recall, Wolsiefer had a slight edge until the 3rd period. I agree that the Coopers have an awesome tradition. BUT, that is a lot of pressure as well, and Wolsiefer is still young and will continue to improve.

Cause its true i wont argue with the Scoot and Warner match up but i think warner is a BETTER wrestler that Scott.

Thuenaman and Courtney well Wrestled both these kids and personaly Thunamans a better wrestler that Courtney courtney dont do any thing until the last minute and gets a take down. a Defensive wrestler will never beat really good kids.

Thats like saying that Courtney should have won the year that sanders one it. Courtney just got beat at his own game. and thats why thunaman is a better wrestler. Cooper beats wolsifer if they wrestle again. I can sit there all day and name insidents were kids got luck and where losing and hit a throw on some one. throws are luck move yes wolsifer won but did he realy beat cooper or was it a lst minute move that was a luck throw. Same as Mike Nolan and Neil Cooper Neil kills Nolan and gets hit with a throw. Marcus Slappy his Junior one take down from a tech and kid throws a desperate head lock and pins him. Not saying slappy would of won in the finals Given Billy Clark was there but alot better match you for clark in the finals than Buell

Cause its true i wont argue with the Scoot and Warner match up but i think warner is a BETTER wrestler that Scott.

Thuenaman and Courtney well Wrestled both these kids and personaly Thunamans a better wrestler that Courtney courtney dont do any thing until the last minute and gets a take down. a Defensive wrestler will never beat really good kids.

Thats like saying that Courtney should have won the year that sanders one it. Courtney just got beat at his own game. and thats why thunaman is a better wrestler. Cooper beats wolsifer if they wrestle again. I can sit there all day and name insidents were kids got luck and where losing and hit a throw on some one. throws are luck move yes wolsifer won but did he realy beat cooper or was it a lst minute move that was a luck throw. Same as Mike Nolan and Neil Cooper Neil kills Nolan and gets hit with a throw. Marcus Slappy his Junior one take down from a tech and kid throws a desperate head lock and pins him. Not saying slappy would of won in the finals Given Billy Clark was there but alot better match you for clark in the finals than Buell

Guru,

I have to ask how is Warner a better wrestler than Scott? Do you mean that he knows more moves and has more technique than Scott who defeated him at least twice? Does the outcome of these matches mean nothing to determine whos better at that time? I agree that Warner is very good but Scott's execution and attack was relentless and that more than made up for any advantage Warner may have had over him. Sometimes its not how many moves you know but how well you execute the ones you know!

Based on your assessment of Thuenaman and Courtney and Wolsiefer and Cooper, (all very skilled wrestlers in my opinion) should there be bonus points for scoring early?

How many throws does a wrestler have to execute before it becomes "a learned skill executed well" versus "luck"? Not all throws are luck, have you ever wrestled "Greco"?

Courtney defensive? I hardly think a kid that has something like 70 sets of 2 and 3 point back points last season can be called defensive. Wolsifier lucky? The kid knows there are 6 minutes in a match and he is willing to go 7 and go hard the whole time. These 2 "defensive and lucky" STATE CHAMPS will be a thrill for the next few years to come.

i know what you mean possum daddy courtney works harder on top to turn someone then anyone ive seen he works his takedowns smarter then most to he just dont throw in any thing and hope to score he works his oppent to what he wants them to do and it works to perfection i think courtney is a well oiled machine on the mat and is a great guy as well he dont talk crap he shows up ready to wrestle he came back from the lose to banks and showed great maturaty at state beating him in the finals it took something to win that match between two great wrestlers and i think that banks is deserving to dont get me wrong but courtney is the better of the 2 he will work to beat the one who everyone thinks he cant beat and i respect his work ethic and in my opion in a few years people will be eating there words cause he just might be the best to ever come threw here and has and will do alot for kentucky wrestling

Guru' date='

I have to ask how is Warner a better wrestler than Scott? Do you mean that he knows more moves and has more technique than Scott who defeated him at least twice? Does the outcome of these matches mean nothing to determine whos better at that time? I agree that Warner is very good but Scott's execution and attack was relentless and that more than made up for any advantage Warner may have had over him. Sometimes its not how many moves you know but how well you execute the ones you know!

Based on your assessment of Thuenaman and Courtney and Wolsiefer and Cooper, (all very skilled wrestlers in my opinion) should there be bonus points for scoring early?

How many throws does a wrestler have to execute before it becomes "a learned skill executed well" versus "luck"? Not all throws are luck, have you ever wrestled "Greco"?[/quote']

Scott beat Warner 4 straight times. Kind of hard to argue Warner was better.