Sign in to follow this  
bluegrassbrawler

Big School/Small School championships

What schools are classified as big school or small school? Does anyone have a list?

I think this needs to occur for the state duals. Not neccesarily a D1/D2 split like tennessee.. But a I think they should at least consider it for more of a draw from a money stand point.

All those county schools aren't what I think of when I think of "small schools."  IF you're the only HS in the county it can't be that small.  Using the football classes as reference some of these schools would be considered "small", imo:

Danville

Fort Campbell

Prestonsburg

Paducah Tilghman

North Oldham

Western Hills

Pike Central

even if its the only school in the county it can be small.. dude there is like a 1000 people in martin co and one stop light in inez....sheldon clark is not a big school  :lol:

Same for Union as far as size. Less than 1000 kids I think and 3A in football. (Same as Paducah Tilghman who is referred to as a small school.) Just because it is a county school does not necessarily mean its big. Just look at Henderson County compared to Union County. Drastically different and both are labeled county schools.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for football don't they base it on the number of males in the school?  Not just the school size, I thought I heard that somewhere.

It would give the little guys a chance to compete for a dual title.

I don't see why this would be necessary.  LaRue has won state duals 3 times since '00.  Pretty sure Union County grabbed one during that time as well.

As a sidenote does anyone have the historical results for State Duals?

Its only been around since 1991? I think. And I'm pretty sure Union has never won a state duals title. We have won state titles at tourney but for some reason the dual title always eluded us.