Sign in to follow this  
kdsmith27

2010 KSWA State Tournament: Re-Schedule Plan

Date: Saturday, February 27th, 2010

Location: TBA (we have several great possibilities that will be confirmed ASAP)

Weight allowance: Kids will be given 1 additional pound on top of current 2lb. growth allowance.

Brackets: Using brackets as of 2/5/10 and will adjust as needed with alternates following our normal guidelines.

Table Workers/Hospitality: Same team responsibilities

Fees:  Fees will remain the same (will be adjusted for alternates)

Voting Results:

Votes

%

Proposal #1

Date: Saturday, February 27th, 2010

Location: TBA (we have several great possibilities that will be confirmed ASAP)

This is great news !!!!!!

WOW! So you all are thinking about having this somewhere besides the original place. This is good news.

I understand that the decision has been made and it is what it is, BUT, here is my problem. If you look at the votes, the final tallies are a little deceptive. If you look, 26 coaches voted for proposal #3. If you would take a closer look you see that the MAJORITY of coaches voted to wrestle this weekend. If you were to ask the 27 coaches that voted to wrestle this weekend, it is possible this pole would have came out a little different. No big deal, we can't change it now, I just needed to belly ache a little.

I understand that the decision has been made and it is what it is, BUT, here is my problem. If you look at the votes, the final tallies are a little deceptive. If you look, 26 coaches voted for proposal #3. If you would take a closer look you see that the MAJORITY of coaches voted to wrestle this weekend. If you were to ask the 27 coaches that voted to wrestle this weekend, it is possible this pole would have came out a little different. No big deal, we can't change it now, I just needed to belly ache a little.

Fuzzy math.  If you were to have asked the question differently then yes the outcome may have been different.  You could say that a MAJORITY of coaches wanted to wrestle on a Saturday and if they had been polled to vote on 2/13 or 2/27 the outcome may have been different.  At least it is rescheduled.  Time to move on. 

Any word on a location yet?

Would it be possible to poll the coaches to see if all of the wrestlers are commited to the date so we can let the alternates know?  I know some things come up at the last minute, but any information could keep some from having to make weight for 3 weeks.

here goes the lack of communication again, but at least it has been rescheduled and the kids get to compete. it would be nice to know where so travel arrangements can be made. im glad this will be my sons last year in middle school wrestling, very disorganized and secretive.

here goes the lack of communication again, but at least it has been rescheduled and the kids get to compete. it would be nice to know where so travel arrangements can be made. im glad this will be my sons last year in middle school wrestling, very disorganized and secretive.

It takes time to secure a facility to host a tournament.  Obviously you are clueless as to the preparation necessary to pull something like this off.  The Board will inform the coaches as soon as they have made arrangements.  Relax.

WOW

1st people complain because the tourney was cancelled and they didn't think Jr. would get his chance to get dad a middle school state championship.

Then people complain because there was not a second site to hold the tourney.  (I wonder if any of these people know how hard it is to get a high school to give up it's basketball gym for a wrestling tournament, especially if it is just being held just in case the 1st site cannot hold the tourney.) Never going to happen.

Now that the new date has been decided on.  And I will point out it is a date that allows every kid the opportunity to wrestle.  If Jr has to wait a few more weeks I think he can do it.  If he is killing himself to make weight then he probably didn't need to be at that wt. anyway.  I know GOO Jr. did not lose weight.  I would not allow it, Middle school kids need to learn to wrestle not learn how to lose weight.  GOO Jr. had to learn that this year as a freshman.

Now people are complaining about not knowing where it is yet.  Have Patience, it will be revealed soon enough. 

BTW as a person who has been in wrestling in some fashion for the last 30 years I will say this.  It is NOT the middle school association that is problematic.  From what I saw at middle school events is was the parents and fans who are the problem.  We don't see the same attitude or lack of respect in the varsity events.  Nor do we have the complaining either.

Once again

This is the opinion of GOO

Nothing more and nothing less

GOO out.

This will be the best place to hold it, same weekend, they will have the mats set up and have refs there. The kids will have to wrestle a bit late in the evening though after the main event (we will just piggy back with them). The kids will have lots of things to do during the day while waiting to wrestle at night/early morning. The weather shouldn't be a problem either (no hurricanes in the forecast). Check link for more info.

http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/events/eventDetail/detail?name=USAMidAndElemFSNatChampDetailPage

It takes time to secure a facility to host a tournament.  Obviously you are clueless as to the preparation necessary to pull something like this off.  The Board will inform the coaches as soon as they have made arrangements.  Relax.

Obviously you know nothing about me.  I have made my living and career out of planning and responding to much, much bigger and in the grand scheme of things important events than this and every event I have been involved with there is a plan, and a plan for when things go wrong.  Obviously, you are clueless in the basics of reading comprehension and communication, listening being the most important part of that process. My complaint was the LACK OF COMMUNICATION on the part of the kyswa.  I did not learn that the event was rescheduled from the kyswa, my son, or his coach.  I learned it from a post on this site.  I have thought all year it was the fault of my son or his coach for not keeping parents informed as to what was going on, but I have learned through this process it was neither.  As far as it taking time to pull this off, if an alternate plan would have been in place, then there would be no need for people to be up in arms about any of this.  Most normal people stress small issues such as have arisen here, I am relaxed.  I am also offering my opinion about the lack of planning and communication in this whole conglomerate of a process. 

WOW

1st people complain because the tourney was cancelled and they didn't think Jr. would get his chance to get dad a middle school state championship.

Then people complain because there was not a second site to hold the tourney.  (I wonder if any of these people know how hard it is to get a high school to give up it's basketball gym for a wrestling tournament, especially if it is just being held just in case the 1st site cannot hold the tourney.) Never going to happen.

Now that the new date has been decided on.  And I will point out it is a date that allows every kid the opportunity to wrestle.  If Jr has to wait a few more weeks I think he can do it.  If he is killing himself to make weight then he probably didn't need to be at that wt. anyway.  I know GOO Jr. did not lose weight.  I would not allow it, Middle school kids need to learn to wrestle not learn how to lose weight.  GOO Jr. had to learn that this year as a freshman.

Now people are complaining about not knowing where it is yet.  Have Patience, it will be revealed soon enough. 

BTW as a person who has been in wrestling in some fashion for the last 30 years I will say this.  It is NOT the middle school association that is problematic.  From what I saw at middle school events is was the parents and fans who are the problem.  We don't see the same attitude or lake of respect in the varsity events.  Nor do we have the complaining either. 

Once again

This is the opinion of GOO

Nothing more and nothing less

GOO out.

The great thing about this country we live in is we are free to express our gripes, complaints, cries, whines and opinions.  I for one do not need my son to win me a championship.  I have had my successes and am content with them.  As for the tourney being canceled I felt it was a hasty decision and it revealed the lack of planning and preparation involved on the part of the kyswa.

My jr isnt wrestling because dad was a goo and I am living my life vicariously through him.  He is wrestling because he said dad I want to try wrestling and I said ok.  He doesnt cut weight he wrestles at his normal everyday walking around weight because he is good enough to do so.  And as my jr pointed out the other day when we found out the tourney had been rescheduled, thats good but its not a big deal. If he were in Ohio, Michigan or Minnesota it would mean more because its just kentucky wrestling.  To me that is problematic for the future of wrestling in this state.  Again, i am not a goo but I am from ky and would like to see our state and our people recognized for as many things as possible.  Poor planning and communication on the part of the middle school association is problematic.  It is these early years when the foundation for a sport is built, if it is weak, then the building will crumble.

Not knowing where the event will be held is more a complaint about lack of communication and planning.  People also need to know so they can make work, travel, child care and other arrangements.  I am a flexible person used to dealing with such abrupt and ever changing situations, but other may not.  I want to see wrestling excel in ky and we are laying a weak foundation for it at the middle school level with situations such as this.  The second site doesnt have to be a basketball gym, it could be any other venue capable of handling the event and the participants involved.  Again, preparation and planning would have eliminated this problem.

I do agree that parents and fans are a problem, but i have seen it just as much at the high school level as at the middle school level.  Complaining from the middle school level is again due to a lack of communication, preparation and planning.  Most of the parent problems are goos trying to live their lives vicariously through their kids, its very easy to see at the meets.

My opinion and hope things change to make the kids' futures better.

Obviously you know nothing about me.  I have made my living and career out of planning and responding to much, much bigger and in the grand scheme of things important events than this and every event I have been involved with there is a plan, and a plan for when things go wrong.  Obviously, you are clueless in the basics of reading comprehension and communication, listening being the most important part of that process. My complaint was the LACK OF COMMUNICATION on the part of the Kiowa.  I did not learn that the event was rescheduled from the Kiowa, my son, or his coach.  I learned it from a post on this site.  I have thought all year it was the fault of my son or his coach for not keeping parents informed as to what was going on, but I have learned through this process it was neither.  As far as it taking time to pull this off, if an alternate plan would have been in place, then there would be no need for people to be up in arms about any of this.  Most normal people stress small issues such as have arisen here, I am relaxed.  I am also offering my opinion about the lack of planning and communication in this whole conglomerate of a process. 

Gowrestle, Sounds like you need to be the President. If you were in charge we would never have to worry about anything. The state tournament would never be cancelled and you would be in contact with every coach, wrestler, and parent that is involved with middle school wrestling in the state. Sounds like your the man for the Job!!!!!!!!!!!

No, you wouldnt life would be a utopia in middle school wrestling and besides im not fanatic enough to be interested in such a position, but as it stands right now we are in the same boat we were on the 6th, we have a date and still looking for a place to have it, what happens if they cant find another place again, another reschedule.  Classic case here of getting the cart before the horse.  Im not saying such things are easy but they do require communication, preparation, planning and good ole common sense.

I think the problem is trying to be to diplomatic.There are so many people who aren't involved in the decision making process that think they should know every decision made as soon as it is made,then they ridicule the people doing it nonstop.I think if I were them I would call a meeting ,which everyone invited wont attend, of the coaches; make all decisions possible,of which the location would probably be the hardest to solidify,and not tell anyone anything until all final decisions had been made.They are taking polls trying to be as accommodating as possible and that is not how you run things in tough situations.Decide what you think is best,get the time and place for sure,let everyone know what has been done and for those who chose not to show that is totally their choice. I have two sons in the state tournament, one a returning state champion the other has a good chance of placing,and if they had chosen a sunday we would not have been there,our choice just like others may have tough choices with what ever is decided.Bottom line you cant make it easy for everybody so do your best and that is all anyone should expect.

I think the problem is trying to be to diplomatic.There are so many people who aren't involved in the decision making process that think they should know every decision made as soon as it is made,then they ridicule the people doing it nonstop.I think if I were them I would call a meeting ,which everyone invited wont attend, of the coaches; make all decisions possible,of which the location would probably be the hardest to solidify,and not tell anyone anything until all final decisions had been made.They are taking polls trying to be as accommodating as possible and that is not how you run things in tough situations.Decide what you think is best,get the time and place for sure,let everyone know what has been done and for those who chose not to show that is totally their choice. I have two sons in the state tournament, one a returning state champion the other has a good chance of placing,and if they had chosen a sunday we would not have been there,our choice just like others may have tough choices with what ever is decided.Bottom line you cant make it easy for everybody so do your best and that is all anyone should expect.

Now this I canagree on. 

someone make the hard decision and be done with it.