Sign in to follow this  
OldTimer130

Dragon Inv.

That's why Coach Brown was hired to win Championships at Trinity and make tough hard decision, sometimes even hurting Mom's, Dad's feeling about their little wrestler :evil:

guess you cant scene the sarcasm. it would be harded for him and his team

i will every night before i go to bed now promise

NO NO NO !!!

Not push-ups,you need those when your on your back. Do push-downs so you can get the other guy on his back for the PIN!!!  :-D :-D :-D

The kid must be really good, cant wait to see him.

I'm not to worried about Ky becoming a proving ground for middle schoolers from out of state.

1) Few families are obsessed enough to bother with moving for such a reason

2) few kids are good enough to pull it off, from what I've read this young man is the exception to the rule and KY wrestling is better than people give it credit.

I know the folks at Trinity and I'm sure Myron will be working hard for their next meeting.

If Hall does go back to MI wrestle in HS, KY kids will be lucky because they will not have to wrestle him again till college. :oops: :-D :cry:

Back to my original comment- it seems Trinity would be happy to have Hall. The reason they would "turn him down" is because they aren't allowed to wrestle 7th graders on their team. Ryle is.

Either way, we are fortunite to see a great young wrestler that will be on TV in college or even higher if he choose too in 6-8 years.  Now we can all say we knew this guy and KY helped him get there. :wink:

Any school would be happy to get Mark.  He was truly amazing to watch.  His calmness is what stuck out to me.  Regardless of the position he was in , he never panicked.  I only wished he would stay in Kentucky because I do think he has a shot of being a 5 or 6 time State Champion.  It is not about what happens before region only after.  8-0 will get you a region and state championship.

This topic has been discussed in the past but coming from someone fairly close to the situation, I would make this comment.  Mark Hall is not allowed to even practice with the varsity wrestling team in Michigan.  Wrestling most middle schoolers is a waste of time since there are only a few wrestlers in even Ryle's varsity practice that can challenge Mark although their are a few who can.  So for this reason it was necessary to turn to alternatives for bettering himself.  Is this a viable option for most people?  Of course not.  But this is not an ordinary situation.

Maybe it isn't the Mark Halls of the world who are wrong. They are working within the boundaries that they have been given.  Maybe it is society as a whole that wants to essentially dumb down everything to a level of mediocrity that has placed us behind half the world in terms of education, technology and the rest.  Maybe we should learn to embrace these talented people in any venue and find ways that we can cultivate their gifts.  Many people think that these so called "gifts" just fell into these individuals laps. Further investigation reveals that most and almost all the time this is not true.  Read the book  Talent is Overratedand see theses incredible people spent many  many years refining their skills.

There

I wouldnt be surprised if more kids moved into the Ryle district for the coaching. The Ryle program is one of the best in the area, (KY, IN, WV OH). They have a number of kids now go one to D1 schools and of course one thats ranked #2 in the country with Kyle Ruschell.

Its no fluke that they continue to turn in great season after great season and their kids consistently wrestle for championships. Coaching success develops a reputation and attracts talent, I would think kids from out of state would move to Ryle for the instrcction and guidance more than the competition or easy road to state titles.

Ranger what is your take on the whole Mark Hall situation?

He is a spectacular wrestler.  On the whole move in part of it, I will reserve public judgement until I see what happens over the next 12 months.  At this point it appears as though he and his family are simply taking advantage of an opportunity to compete at a high level against great competition and keep improving. 

He is a spectacular wrestler.  On the whole move in part of it, I will reserve public judgement until I see what happens over the next 12 months.  At this point it appears as though he and his family are simply taking advantage of an opportunity to compete at a high level against great competition and keep improving.

I agree. But doesn't it just seem that he is using our state? I mean he could be a 6 time state champion? Can you imagine?

But doesn't it just seem that he is using our state?

YES, and if the KHSAA (OUR state rules) allows it so be it. If you don't like it contact the KHSAA. If your worried that he will take a medal away from one of OUR KY kids then so be it. Or how about OUR KY kids just get better and be able to compete with some OUT of STATE 7th graders that just like to visit OUR KY Seniors :-o in the winter. :-D :cry: :wink:

YES, and if the KHSAA (OUR state rules) allows it so be it. If you don't like it contact the KHSAA. If your worried that he will take a medal away from one of OUR KY kids then so be it. Or how about OUR KY kids just get better and be able to compete with some OUT of STATE 7th graders that just like to visit OUR KY Seniors :-o in the winter. :-D :cry: :wink:

Yeah, as long as they follow the rules, it is what it is.  Get better and beat him or learn to live with it.

I don't think this hurts Ky wrestling "respect" at all.  The "respect" we have is minimal anyway,and will be until we get stronger thru out the state in all levels-youth,middle and high school. Therefore we can go to the power tournaments and earn it by having numerous contenders not just one here and there. He may be showing us the way we need to do it. And also to get state better we need the other sport coaches to realize how much wrestling will help their sport. Our numbers will grow along with competition.

I agree, at this point I don't think it is hurting KY credibility, because every weekend he is going to OH and handling some top competition there.  He has proven he can compete anywhere.