Sign in to follow this  
Ptwrestling

Best pound for pound wrestler in kentucky?

who does everybody think it is?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. who does everybody think it is?

• John Fahy
    • Caleb Ervin
    • Josh Johnson
    • Brent Hitchings
    • Somebody else

If I am not mistaken the Question is who is the best Pound for Pound wrestler.So that has to be determined by the weight you wrestle.I know John has won National Tournaments(Very tough ones) so how do the other wrestlers stack up Nationally ?

If I am not mistaken the Question is who is the best Pound for Pound wrestler.So that has to be determined by the weight you wrestle.I know John has won National Tournaments(Very tough ones) so how do the other wrestlers stack up Nationally ?

After his run at the sophmore nationals last year, my vote goes to Ervin.  I have Fahy, Bradbury, Johnson, and Hitchings all tied for a close second with

Josh Johnson still gets my vote. transistions, thats what i look at in how good a wrestler is. if your so dominant that u dont mess up, that speaks for your weight class. but if u can mess up, and brush it off with another move and it be flawless like you planned it, you deserve to be the best pound for pound wrestler, IMA thats josh.

so Fahy gets penalized for his body type??  Fahy is at 112 because team needs him there.  He could win state at 119  125 and possibly 130  Could anyone else move up that  many classes.  Not saying Fahy is the right answer but don't knock him because of his weight!!

He could possibly win 119 but I dont think he could take Ozbourne. 

I didn't put bradbury on the poll because i don't think pound for pound hes better than fahy. so if youre not the best pound for pound on your team you cant be the best in the state, but bradbury is top 5 or six definitely. yeah sorry i meant to put brad. and old140 is right i doubt fahy could beat osbourne giving up that much weight.

I didn't put bradbury on the poll because i don't think pound for pound hes better than fahy. so if youre not the best pound for pound on your team you cant be the best in the state, but bradbury is top 5 or six definitely. yeah sorry i meant to put brad. and old140 is right i doubt fahy could beat osbourne giving up that much weight.

But we're talking about pound for pound. Of course he couldn't with the weight difference but had they been the same weight, Fahye is much more skilled and better all around. So, he WOULD win. That's like saying Pace is better because he would beat John. lol. Give him the weight and he takes it.

I'm not so sure Fahy can beat Myron.  I believe Fahy would be at 119 if this was the case.  I think everyone has forgotten that Myron finished 2nd at the nationals his sophmore year.

I agree with the last post about bradbury, and to be the best pound for pound you would have to beat a 7th grader by more then two points

Let's just say I have my own opinion about Hall, BUT, you cannot question his ability.  7th grade or 12th grade talent is talent and he puts it to work on the mat.  I haven't talked to Osborne or Palmer, but based on what I have seen and heard so far this season, I would give Hall a shot at beating anyone in the state up through maybe 130.  So don't let that one match sway your thoughts on Bradbury.

Let's just say I have my own opinion about Hall, BUT, you cannot question his ability.  7th grade or 12th grade talent is talent and he puts it to work on the mat.  I haven't talked to Osborne or Palmer, but based on what I have seen and heard so far this season, I would give Hall a shot at beating anyone in the state up through maybe 130.  So don't let that one match sway your thoughts on Bradbury.

I agree, hall isnt just some 7th grader. Hes close to the best there is. Caleb won nationals though. none of these other wrestlers did. i think that speaks for itself.

Killercradle, you must be talking about one particular National Tournament.When i want to see how a wrestler has finished in National Tournaments I go to PYWRESTLING.I know by reading some of these post they must not record all the nationals but if you type in Mark Hall-you will see it is unbelievable how many Nationals he has won or placed in.Type in John Fahey and you will also see he has won some and placed in many,but when I type in Caleb Evrin there is no listings(Brock has some placings),So I am not sure I understand why you say nobody else has won a National ? or is it that only one particular National counts ?I am not knocking anyone because I have never seen Caleb wrestle(I have seen Brock many times and he is very good). Just wondering what people are basing their rankings on?

Killercradle, you must be talking about one particular National Tournament.When i want to see how a wrestler has finished in National Tournaments I go to PYWRESTLING.I know by reading some of these post they must not record all the nationals but if you type in Mark Hall-you will see it is unbelievable how many Nationals he has won or placed in.Type in John Fahy and you will also see he has won some and placed in many,but when I type in Caleb Evrin there is no listings(Brock has some placings),So I am not sure I understand why you say nobody else has won a National ? or is it that only one particular National counts ?I am not knocking anyone because I have never seen Caleb wrestle(I have seen Brock many times and he is very good). Just wondering what people are basing their rankings on?

What characteristics make these guys great wrestlers?

Is it strength?  Technique?  Quickness?  A combination of all?  Will to win?

What is it that puts the elite wrestlers above the others?

All of the above, plus putting in the time on the mat during the off season to get better and be the best they can be.

IDK bout the off season mat time. i mean there are kids that do other things beside wrestle in the off season and still are dominate wrestlers. Dont get me wrong, the off season is 9.999999 times out of 10 the most important/probable time to improve. im just saying that our opinion shouldn't differ about the best pound for pound wrestler in Kentucky, for what he did in some freestyle tourny in Indiana over the summer, it should differ depending on how he wrestles in our state, in our tournys, in our season. Although everybody on this poll wrestles in national summer/ off season tournys, haha.

Well if Fahy is the best pound for pound on his team then why is Brent Hitchings (Should be Brad) on the list?  :?

I agree with the last post about bradbury, and to be the best pound for pound you would have to beat a 7th grader by more then two points

fireplug, you have to see this 7th grader with your own eyes to understand just how good he is.  if you go to yappi.com, there are people who have seen him in Ohio who think he might be a future olympian.  i would say as a 7th grader he probably is top 10 pound for pound best in this state right now....he is that good as a 7th grader.  if he continues to improve up until his senior year (no doubt that he will) he will be much better than all the kids on this list.  in my opinion the only kid at 119 that has a shot at beating him is Myron. 

fireplug, you have to see this 7th grader with your own eyes to understand just how good he is.  if you go to yappi.com, there are people who have seen him in Ohio who think he might be a future olympian.  i would say as a 7th grader he probably is top 10 pound for pound best in this state right now....he is that good as a 7th grader.  if he continues to improve up until his senior year (no doubt that he will) he will be much better than all the kids on this list.  in my opinion the only kid at 119 that has a shot at beating him is Myron.

This kid, Mark Hall, beat the #20 guy in the country from Grundy at the Raider Rumble, almost majored him I believe.  Somebody was telling me also how he had majored like a 2x Ohio state champ the week before or something.  This kid is the real deal.

This kid, Mark Hall, beat the #20 guy in the country from Grundy at the Raider Rumble, almost majored him I believe.  Somebody was telling me also how he had majored like a 2x Ohio state champ the week before or something.  This kid is the real deal.

And not to mention another middle schooler who's a complete monster who I got to see wrestle at the Bruin Duals, Brock Ervin, kids already a beast.

He didn't just beat Jeremy Hurley (Grundy).  It was a 10-0 dominating performance.  Hurley beat Osborne 9-1 at the Rumble last year (to give you some idea how good he is).

I heard that he stuck Hulk Hogan in an exhibition as a sixth grader...  :wink: