Sign in to follow this  
southern145

Woodford County Invi.

probably one of the best matches of the day was the mat sloan Alex Murphy match.  very tight with Murphy leading

2-1 with about 30 sec left. Sloan did a good job rolling through a double leg shot by Murphy to hit a 5 point move with about 15sec left to win 6-2.

Lower weights:

103- Hall (Harrison, IN) def (PRP)

112- Casa de Velle def Wyatt (JohnCent) by pin with 1:30 left in the 3rd

119- Bracco (WC) def Tucker (SOUT) in 2OT

125- Logsdon (WC) def  Springer (Corydon, IN) by maj dec. 18-4

130-Carr (JohnCent) def Supe (SCOTT)

anybody see the 215 match?  i know that indiana kid isnt highly regarded did he just happen into a weak weight class or just wrestle his tail off for these two days?

He went to camp with me this summer, his name's ryan dewitt. He weighed 245ish at the start of camp and now he's a 215 lber. He was always a hard worker, i think that makes up for a lot of his lack of natural talent.

He went to camp with me this summer, his name's ryan dewitt. He weighed 245ish at the start of camp and now he's a 215 lber. He was always a hard worker, i think that makes up for a lot of his lack of natural talent.

That last line sounds bad... I meant it more as he'll beat opponents who he's not as good as because he outworks them...

That last line sounds bad... I meant it more as he'll beat opponents who he's not as good as because he outworks them...

I have to agree with SOWrestler on this one.  I saw the match against the Eastern kid in the finals.  The Corydon kid wasn't physically imposing but he was really tall and used that to his advantage.  He just kept chugging along in the match and wore the Eastern kid down.  He even caught the Eastern kid in a surfboard which you don't see real often at the higher weights.