Sign in to follow this  
nosredneh

Region 3

At the coaches meeting they implied that they were going to start this year with just a JV team, and build from there...When they do officially start a varsity team, I'd assume some redistricting will need to take place.  Logically, they would be in Region 3, but its illogical since they would be like the 12th team in the region, when others have six or seven active schools

Yea they probably wont wrestle many matches because the first yr Bullitt Central had a team they only went to like 3 tournaments(Including regionals) and like 5 matchs. 

Bryce Payton (PRP)

Romel Giddens (SOUT)

Bryan Spinella (DESA)

James Huffine (SOUT)

Adam Mann (BUCE)

Jonathon Gardner (DESA)

Lance Kelly (MEAD)

AJ Roberson (PRP)

Leonard Burks (VALL)

Zach Tucker (SOUT)

Dylan Pike (MEAD)

Jared Colston (PRP)

Sarey Ath (IROQ)

Jordan Satterly (FAIR)

Jacob McCarthy (BUCE)

James Childress (MEAD)

Brandon St. Felix (IROQ)

Jwann Gartin (DOSS)

Nick Byrd (DESA)

Ligo Pio (FAIR)

Neil Abbott (BUCE)

(not sure who we will have)

Chris Barrett (SOUT)

Brandon Scott (MEAD)

Anthony Neace (FAIR)

Marco Ortiz-Munoz (IROQ)

Dylan Green (DESA)

David Moore (FAIR)     

Jake Weedman (SOUT)

Garrett Kenealy (MEAD)

Mark Childers (PRP)

Shawn Johnson (VALL)

Joey Carter (MEAD)

Zack Goldsmith (DESA)

David Jean (WEST)

Jordan Causey (FAIR)

Alex Weiger (DOSS)

Johnny Wright (SHAW)

Corey Kimbley (SOUT)

Anthony Wood (PRP)

Robbie Valdez (HOCR)

Zach Uligh (MEAD)

Michael Carr (SHAW)

LaJuan Robinson (DOSS)

Tyler Goldman (FAIR)

Antwan Fields (SHAW) im on the thought maybe 160 or 152 or 171 im making a name stand for what i want and im going to trai as hard as i can

Jake Maupin (FAIR)

Michael Clark (VALL)

Camryn Fields (PRP)

Dakota Sparks (SOUT)

Terry Coulter (BUCE)

Cody Hoskins (MEAD)

Antoinne Hamilton (DOSS)

Jerron Roberson (PRP)

Sean Murphy (DESA)

Brody O

at hwt michael jaggers i heard cant wrestle do to a football scholarship to wku so my prediction for heavyweight this year wold be

1.Joey French Vall

2.Chaz Nevitts Meade

3.Pork Chop Desales

4.Faidale kid

5.Austin Bradley South

I appreciate the more realistic posts to this discussion.  Obviously anyone who wrestles in region three has a bias, and therefore their opinion cannot necessarily be trusted.  However, the input given by the various wrestlers about their team, such as who is going what weight, etc. is very helpful.  Perhaps my post will educate some of these wrestlers, i.e. Southern, PRP, BC and whoever else...

I was informed that Bullitt East will have a wrestling team this year and i am pretty sure that they will be in region 3. I can't want to wrestle them if they have somebody in my weight class. It made my day hearing that

Yes, BE will have a team this year.  Sorry, but more than likely we won't wrestle BC.  I haven't finalized a schedule yet.

Not at all.  The team will consist mostly of football players and we'll only compete in a handful of varsity matches.  I will probably only schedule a saturday tournament or two, but definitely not one every weekend.  We probably won't even have our 1st meet until mid-December.  This year is just to test the water so we have plenty of time.

yea but the tournaments will help them out alot like today at our scrimmage it was good for our new guys to get other guy to wrestle against and show them what its about and i think matches help make kids better in a way

We'll mostly compete in JV matches and the tournaments we attend will probably be dual style format, not invitational style.  Dual style tournaments are better when 1st starting a program as you will almost certainly get more matches for each kid than invitational style.  As the year progresses, we may hop into an invitational tournament just before regions.  I've got plenty of experience coaching and running a program so I'm pretty confident we're in good shape.  Thanks for your concern though.  This is just a year to let the kids get their feet wet and see what it all about.  We'll hit the mats hard in the offseason and then worry about being competitive on a the varsity level next year.  The support by the BE administration is high, so I'm very optimistic the program has a bright future and will be competitive in a short period of time.

:-o hey ridge44 sack my  cack  (i think that's how its spelled idk hah) :|

I'll let the stealing of my catch phrase slide just this once. Next time it'll cost you.

Awesome to hear about another program getting started.  I am guessing that they will be in region 3?  This region might have to go to a 2 day region tourny.

There is no official region assignment for us as of yet, but I believe we'll actually be assigned to Region 5.  There's a strong possibility we won't even compete in regions this year.  If I had to take a guess, I'd say we'll only compete in about 5 or 6 duals this year (mostly JV) and about 2 to 3 tournaments with preference being on dual format tournaments, but we won't even attend our 1st tournament before Christmas break.  I'm also looking into starting an MS program right off the bat.  We're starting completely from scratch.  The only thing we have right now is a couple of old mats for practice.  No singlets, wrestlers with prior experience, etc.  My assistant is great, but he doesn't have any wrestling experience either, not even coaching it.  This should be an interesting challenge, but the administration is behind us 100% and that's 1/2 the battle right there.

Dragon, PRP is hosting a JV individual tournament Saturday, January 2nd.  I know you are wanting to do dual format, but in the event you're looking, here is another option.  Best of wishes at BE.

I know for sure Bullitt Centrals Coulter is going to 152. There is no way he can get back down to 145. He has been lifting more in the off season and put on more weight than he would have liked to for football this season.