Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Pre-season rankings 2009/2010 - August 24

So KY10 are you proposing that we need to be politically correct and tell everyone that they are all special in their own way.  Hey, maybe we could give everyone that shows up at the state tournament a medal to make sure they feel good.  NOT!  State tournament finish is what it is and you either finish near the top or you don't.  Of course a lot of variables affect the state tournament.  But a lot of variables affect what I eat for lunch as well but that doesn't change where teams across the state stand in relation to each other.  They are either consistently near the top (1-10, maybe 15) and considered really good or not and should be described otherwise.

A team is as good as its expectations imo. i mean im not trying to hotdog but im making an example, wofo is suppose to be a good team every year, and when we dont live up to our expectations (state title) every year its hard to cope with. Southern has its own expectations, they take what they can get and make something of it. i mean they are a solid team, thats why coach carr books them every year for yellowjacket tourny, cuz they're solid. im sayin look at someone like zack tucker, my sophmore year i never would have thought that kid would do anything, ever, but after a year of workin with the southern team, he came back last year and surprised alot of people. He put me on my back at my own school, with some of my best friends watching too :x, but im just sayin, dont say (even if it is your opinion) that a team isnt what people would call good, southern is as good as it works. And state finishes are hard to determine if a team is good or not, alot of variables are involved at state.

Dang are you Southern's mama or something. This sounds like something your mom or grandma would say to you. 

When someone says they have a good team then there should be some truth in it.  A solid team to me is a team that fills all the weight classes with average kids.  Southern probably fits this definition.  I hope them the best and can see them getting better every year, but lets not get ahead of ourselves.  Put them in Region 6 and they might place 5th, with maybe a half dozen state qualifiers. 

State finishes is not a good indicator if a team is good?  If not state then what is? 

I also did not make this comment toward Southern112.  My response was to Qiuckshot, I didn't think he was a Southern wrestler.

This is the opinion of GOO.

Take it or leave it.

Many seem to leave it.

At 125 you have Cooper over Supe. they wrestled last year and Supe teched him.

Yes, you are correct.  But that was last year and relatively early in the season (conference I think) at 125.  Based on what I saw at the state tournament, Cooper was a buzz saw.  And only an 8th grader.

Yes, you are correct.  But that was last year and relatively early in the season (conference I think) at 125.  Based on what I saw at the state tournament, Cooper was a buzz saw.  And only an 8th grader.

Reality and perception are different.......they seed based on last head to head I would think...

Supe beat him head to head......your perception is flawed.......both were in different weight classes at State......head to head is all you can go by here

At 103 you have Nathaniel Long  ranked 13th and John Anderson 14th......Luke Rearic has beaten Long 2 times last year and just beat John Anderson 17-7 going away at the Bluegrass State Games.....yet you rank him at 17th

You never know when they may use your rankings in seedings at early tournaments this season....I would think you would want them to be accurate for all concerned

Thanks for you efforts.....all in all you do a great job......you do have a good eye for talent

Reality and perception are different.......they seed based on last head to head I would think...

Supe beat him head to head......your perception is flawed.......both were in different weight classes at State......head to head is all you can go by here

At 103 you have Nathaniel Long  ranked 13th and John Anderson 14th......Luke Rearic has beaten Long 2 times last year and just beat John Anderson 17-7 going away at the Bluegrass State Games.....yet you rank him at 17th

You never know when they may use your rankings in seedings at early tournaments this season....I would think you would want them to be accurate for all concerned

Thanks for you efforts.....all in all you do a great job......you do have a good eye for talent

lol

Wow.  Thought he asked for a North or KCd kid.... not an Eastern kid who has an opinion on everything.

Obviously he's right... I go to North and know that this is true... So you should probably keep your mouth closed before looking like a fool on a forum about Kentucky Wrestling...

Well just felt like bringing this up

Fort Campbell's 135 Zach Green has been training with Olympic Wrestlers over the summer. He has only competed in a national grappling tournament, but he won that and with a takedown

This is not seeding.  This is a prediction for state tournament (2010) finish.  I appreciate the feedback on results.  Summer results are considered, but can rarely be taken at face value based on conditioning and mat time.

Early tournament seeding?  Are you kidding me. 

The only tourney that should be seeded is the Region tourney. 

A tournament should try and separate a few good wrestlers if there are any in the wt classes.  Anything after that should be drawn from a hat.  OK or computer drawn.  (still don't like the computer tourneys, we did them faster by hand in my day)

Pre season tournaments (Any tourney before the region) are just to get ready for region. 

By the end of the year when the region comes around Ranger will have a well thought out and accurate rankings.  As long as he gets results from the coaches and tournament directors throughout the year.

So don't get your panties in a bunch about the rankings at this point and time and don't worry about what seed you will get at the early tourneys.  Do your thing at these tourneys and win as many as you can.  The cream always rises to the top.

This is the opinion of Goo

Take it or leave it.  :-D

Live long and prosper. :mrgreen:

Now ive been told, I havent confirmed it yet. That a potential 152 pounder for Fort Campbell was a 2 Time European Champion, I just talked to him today. His name is Brandon Ellis (I assume that is how you spell his last name). We also have the younger brother of a 3 Time European Champion at 103, but he probably wont be starting.

Mrs. Gusse told me today that 2 brothers are also moving here from Europe who have been wrestling for a long time but I dont know their weights or achievements

Now ive been told, I havent confirmed it yet. That a potential 152 pounder for Fort Campbell was a 2 Time European Champion, I just talked to him today. His name is Brandon Ellis (I assume that is how you spell his last name). We also have the younger brother of a 3 Time European Champion at 103, but he probably wont be starting.

Mrs. Gusse told me today that 2 brothers are also moving here from Europe who have been wrestling for a long time but I dont know their weights or achievements

TODAY ON ANOTHER FORT CAMPBELL TALL TALE we cloned Kevin Randleman and got him 4 years of elgibility just to wrestle for us and cael sanderson decided to take the coaching job at the school

TODAY ON ANOTHER FORT CAMPBELL TALL TALE we cloned Kevin Randleman and got him 4 years of elgibility just to wrestle for us and cael sanderson decided to take the coaching job at the school

Well the New Jersey guy who moved here last year turned out to have been on Long Branche's JV Team. By the time he reached us he was Kenny Monday meets Gene Mills. I try to say supposdly know after the whole issue last year where I missed a dual and everybody started telling me fake results. Then expect me to be able to convince people when we actually do have talent.