Sign in to follow this  
cougars_119

Woodford Co. camp???

I'm interested in going to this camp and I need to know how much it will cost to sign up the first day of camp and if you have to commute to the camp or stay in a hotel or what cause i live pretty far away..lol

any info is appriciated.

Should be about $100 if you sign up the first day of camp.  It's located at the Pinckard Baptist Church in Versailles.  It's a commuter camp.  You can stay in a motel or with someone, it's up to you.  Dates are June 15-19.

thanks for the info jpizar.

what time does the camp start and end? and i assume you just need shorts, shirt and wrestling shoes each day? thanx

Not sure on the rescheduling of the dates.  Yeah you'll need normal workout attire and a lunch each day.  First session starts at 10 til 12.  12-1 is lunch, 1-2 is games, film, relax or whatever Coach Carr's decide.  2-4 is the second session.

BTW to everyone else this camp is by far the best value of any camp I've ever been to, including Chertow, Granby and others.  One week with one of the best technicians in the country for $100!!  Are you serious!?!

Not sure on the rescheduling of the dates.  Yeah you'll need normal workout attire and a lunch each day.  First session starts at 10 til 12.  12-1 is lunch, 1-2 is games, film, relax or whatever Coach Carr's decide.  2-4 is the second session.

BTW to everyone else this camp is by far the best value of any camp I've ever been to, including Chertow, Granby and others.  One week with one of the best technicians in the country for $100!!  Are you serious!?!

I would agree with you 100% I went to the camp when I was in high school. You have one of the best technicians in the sport teaching you what he knows best. Coach Carr and staff do a great job with this camp. When I went there were many of the great wrestlers from Woodford past that came in and worked out. This camp is the best value you can find anywhere close to here.

thanks for the info jpizar.

what time does the camp start and end? and i assume you just need shorts, shirt and wrestling shoes each day? thanx

very important that you bring LUNCH, its different this year cuz we are having it at pinkard, which isn't close to Dairy Queen like it regularly is. if you drive its not far but u wont make it back in time to go through the line, get you food come back eat and prepare to start drilling again.

i really wanna come to this camp but its hard finding a ride down there and back everyday

Stay in a hotel.

No hotels in the wonderful city of Versailles. He'd have to commute from Lexington each morning and it would basically double or triple his camp cost. Why don't some local Woodford or Lexington wrestlers open up their home for some out-of-towners?  This was common in yrs past. Great way to meet other wrestlers and help someone attend a valuable camp they otherwise wouldn't attend...and the favor can be repaid the next time there's a camp near L-ville.

No hotels in the wonderful city of Versailles. He'd have to commute from Lexington each morning and it would basically double or triple his camp cost. Why don't some local Woodford or Lexington wrestlers open up their home for some out-of-towners?  This was common in yrs past. Great way to meet other wrestlers and help someone attend a valuable camp they otherwise wouldn't attend...and the favor can be repaid the next time there's a camp near L-ville.

Thats a great idea. I think another good idea would be someone opening up a hotel in Versailles lol.

come stay wit me anyone can as long as u sighn saying u wont kill me or rape me

My house is open, i got 3 extra beds and two couches, my mom is a sweetheart and will make you feel like one of her own haha. feel free to pm me. good luck staying with krazy savage kyle.  we call him savage for a reason haha. and actually whenever WOFO CO construction workers get off there butt, we are suppose to be getting a hotel before the equestrian games. so in the years to come this wont be a problem.

I'm trying to get a list together of options for my guys...Is there an official flyer anywhere, or can someone post ALL of the pertinent information in one posting, so I can copy and paste it...

Thanks

My house is open, i got 3 extra beds and two couches, my mom is a sweetheart and will make you feel like one of her own haha. feel free to pm me. good luck staying with krazy savage kyle.  we call him savage for a reason haha. and actually whenever WOFO CO construction workers get off there butt, we are suppose to be getting a hotel before the equestrian games. so in the years to come this wont be a problem.

Thats really generous of you guys. You guys might want to stop before you begin to give Woodford Co. a good rep  :wink: