Sign in to follow this  
THEKING

WHO HAS COURTNEY LOST TO??

Imagine you had to go back to 7th and 8th grade to find kids Courtney lost to.

He is a true Champion of the sport and representing Kentucky wrestling.

I believe in official KY competitions it is limited to Peters, Banks, Ashworth, Sanders and Theuneman.  There may be one or two more but I don't think so.  Even more impressive when you consider he avenged all of those losses except for Ashworth (who didn't wrestle the next year) and Peters (who stayed at 119 the following year).  Actually he worked Sanders earlier in the year in 8th grade and then had some horrible calls at state where he lost.

I believe in official KY competitions it is limited to Peters, Banks, Ashworth, Sanders and Theuneman.  There may be one or two more but I don't think so.  Even more impressive when you consider he avenged all of those losses except for Ashworth (who didn't wrestle the next year) and Peters (who stayed at 119 the following year).  Actually he worked Sanders earlier in the year in 8th grade and then had some horrible calls at state where he lost.

Hate to say it but yeah he did get the shaft in the semis vs. Sanders.

Hate to say it but yeah he did get the shaft in the semis vs. Sanders.

From what I have been told, the ref admitted later that he missed some calls during that match.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda... Harrison is a 4 Timer. And I am sure that he is more than content with that.

You should never put the match into the ref's hands.

I almost always agree with this but the ref actually took the match out of Courtney's hands with the stalling calls.  Sanders locked Harrison up in an upper body position, which he was stronger because it was a senior wrestling an 8th grader, and simply pushed him all over the mat without trying to score and they called stalling on Harrison.  Meanwhile Harrison was fighting to break the tie and then score.  One of the worst officiating performances I have ever seen and there have been some bad ones here in Kentucky.

Then he should have scored more.  Simple as that.  My coach always taught us, do not let it be decided by the ref, and refused to listen to anything else.

THERE WAS NEVER a bad call.

I think this is a good way to wrestle.

Then he should have scored more.  Simple as that.  My coach always taught us, do not let it be decided by the ref, and refused to listen to anything else.

THERE WAS NEVER a bad call.

I think this is a good way to wrestle.

That is very nice in theory.  But let's face it...2 evenly matched kids, a bad call CAN decide a match. 

That is very nice in theory.  But let's face it...2 evenly matched kids, a bad call CAN decide a match. 

Don't buy that either.  If you want it enough you win.  Cant go through life blaming other people. SHould have done more.

Harrison did want it enough; let's remember that he was in 8th grade at the time.  I'd say it would be hard for any kid that age to wrestle as hard as he did, gotten the calls he got and won the match.  He had beaten the other finalist pretty bad earlier in the year too.

Harrison did want it enough; let's remember that he was in 8th grade at the time.  I'd say it would be hard for any kid that age to wrestle as hard as he did, gotten the calls he got and won the match.  He had beaten the other finalist pretty bad earlier in the year too.

For real it was Garrison Headly, and Joey Sanders, Harrison would have smashed Headly.

I remember watching the match, and yes the calls where not consistent, but to be honest let's not pretend the entire outcome was decided.  Ultimately the fate of a wrestles lies in his own hands.