Sign in to follow this  
Skwrestling119

matchup that you are can't wait to see at state

what two wrestlers from any weight class can you not wait to see wrestle each other most at state this weekend? Personally i can't wait to see the davis shotwell match

That will be a good one.  I am looking forward to JJ Jude vs Dusty Brown...

what two wrestlers from any weight class can you not wait to see wrestle each other most at state this weekend? Personally i can't wait to see the davis shotwell match

That's the same one I want to see.

Others: Norbury - Ervin; Whiting - Harlow; Proctor - Brown

Isn't this similiar as "Good Early Match-ups at State" now that the barkets hace been layed out :?

These dont necessarily have to be early match ups these can be at any point, assuming both wrestlers make it however far they need to for them to occur 

bryant is good and has really stepped it up this season, but i think troxell has the best chance of anyone at upsetting myron at state. that being said, i dont see him and bryant being a very good match.

Brown vs. Olhman, I don't think this will happen though b/c Olhman will miss weight b/c he's biggest 145 I've ever seen!!!! :lol: jp

Johnson vs. Ervin vs. Slone

Bradbury vs. Leavell

Whiting vs. Croney

Kelly vs. Payne, I know Kelly would win but I just like to see Mark get put through PAYYYYNNNEE haha :evil:

Courtney vs. Ray

Zarth vs. Osburne

Ervin vs. Jakes vs. Freeman, really I just want to see Isaac win one.

Korey likes to slow the match down. Davis on the other hand just works works works til he finds an opening. For this reason alone I predict Davis will tear Shotwell up on his feet. I'm not sure how it will work out on the mat though. If Davis can just explode and put the match back on his feet he has a shot. Korey is a very tough top man probably one of the best leg riders in the state though. I think this one will come down to the wire.

Brown vs. Olhman, I don't think this will happen though b/c Olhman will miss weight b/c he's biggest 145 I've ever seen!!!! :lol: jp

Bradbury vs. Leavell

Whiting vs. Croney

Kelly vs. Payne, I know Kelly would win but I just like to see Mark get put through PAYYYYNNNEE haha :evil:

Courtney vs. Ray

Zarth vs. Osburne

Korey likes to slow the match down. Davis on the other hand just works works works til he finds an opening. For this reason alone I predict Davis will tear Shotwell up on his feet. I'm not sure how it will work out on the mat though. If Davis can just explode and put the match back on his feet he has a shot. Korey is a very tough top man probably one of the best leg riders in the state though. I think this one will come down to the wire.

Bear, I don't think you have seen Korey Shotwell wrestle this year. He no longer rides the legs until he has a 10 point lead then puts them in and pins. Korey has given up 3 take downs all year, all in Ohio against studs. He is no longer a sophomore but a very seasoned wrestler who is highly technical and aggressive. I don't believe this match will be close. 

Bradbury vs. Leavell

Whiting vs. Croney

Courtney vs. Ray

Zarth vs. Osburne

Assume you were joking but Ohlmann will not miss weight...he is more disciplined than most adults when it comes to that.  To Brown's demise, Ohlmann will be there and he will win.

bryant is good and has really stepped it up this season, but i think troxell has the best chance of anyone at upsetting myron at state. that being said, i dont see him and bryant being a very good match.

You cant forget though that bryant almost pulled the upset at the dragon but you are right that troxell will be a tough one for him and he really needs to step it up but i think he can do it.

You cant forget though that bryant almost pulled the upset at the dragon but you are right that troxell will be a tough one for him and he really needs to step it up but i think he can do it.

yeah i remember that will did get bradbury to his back, but if i remember correctly, after that he got man handled. at least thats what i heard.

Assume you were joking but Ohlmann will not miss weight...he is more disciplined than most adults when it comes to that.  To Brown's demise, Ohlmann will be there and he will win.

I was joking about him not making weight.  :mrgreen:

yeah i remember that will did get bradbury to his back, but if i remember correctly, after that he got man handled. at least thats what i heard.

From what i saw bradberry was stuck but i think will was to happy with his points that he got and he still needed to work he should have kept bradberry on the edge of his feet but bradberry did come back with a nice win.

Bear, I don't think you have seen Korey Shotwell wrestle this year. He no longer rides the legs until he has a 10 point lead then puts them in and pins. Korey has given up 3 take downs all year, all in Ohio against studs. He is no longer a sophomore but a very seasoned wrestler who is highly technical and aggressive. I don't believe this match will be close. 

3/4 Nelson,

I don't think you've seen Davis this year. He's given up 0 takedowns. zip. nada. No one's done it. Shotwell will have trouble holding Davis down. This match will be a lot closer than you think, and I'm confident Davis will win. Then he'll get his rematch with Thomson in the finals. Thomson will be scared.

3/4 Nelson,

I don't think you've seen Davis this year. He's given up 0 takedowns. zip. nada. No one's done it. Shotwell will have trouble holding Davis down. This match will be a lot closer than you think, and I'm confident Davis will win. Then he'll get his rematch with Thomson in the finals. Thomson will be scared.

Scared?  Bold claim.

Shotwell and Davis are both excellent wrestlers. I'm glad they haven't wrestled each other this year that will make it more exciting when they do. I predict Davis will win even though Shotwell has been wrestling some pretty tough guys in Ohio. Davis is pretty tough too and his speed and strength will be a big advantage. I'm certain his match with Shotwelll will be his toughest match of the year. Good luck to both of them!