Stick Man

Favorite takedown to use in overtime!

i always love to force a toss in overtime, losing me the match. thats always fun  :lol: no but seriously i say dont change anything about how you wrestle on your feet, whether it's overtime or not. if you normally throw tosses, look for a toss. if you normally perfom highcrotches, look for the highc. just because it's overtime, that shouldnt change how you wrestle.

This is stupid. If your in OT and not using your best "GO TO" takedown you should lose. OT is not the place to experiment. Defense first.

excellent point... A wrestler should work off whatever his opponent gives him or whatever opening a wrestler can create and then capitalize on that mistake.  Basics wins matches over and over again.

excellent point... A wrestler should work off whatever his opponent gives him or whatever opening a wrestler can create and then capitalize on that mistake.  Basics wins matches over and over again.

exactly i just say a duck is kinda a 5 point move for me, cause i usualy duck to a lace, and only try it if its last secs and i need a pin to win.

I just work into the over under, and there are plenty of options from there, it all depends on what your opponent gives you.

I just work into the over under, and there are plenty of options from there, it all depends on what your opponent gives you.

over under like upper body? stupid question but i said something about a fish hook one time and people jumped me on m terminology. but anyway, i can only go upper body off like a surprise. for instance lets say some one takes a bad sweep and we get into a wizzer position. usually you would try and wizzer down hard which i do but somtimes i'll wizzer down and let them come up and once they do i slap on the lat drop. its a pretty good set up and if you have good hips and have a good whip to your throw its pretty hard to stop. 

over under like upper body? stupid question but i said something about a fish hook one time and people jumped me on m terminology. but anyway, i can only go upper body off like a surprise. for instance lets say some one takes a bad sweep and we get into a wizzer position. usually you would try and wizzer down hard which i do but somtimes i'll wizzer down and let them come up and once they do i slap on the lat drop. its a pretty good set up and if you have good hips and have a good whip to your throw its pretty hard to stop.   

Over under like; (if you're right handed) your right arm goes under your opponents left arm, and your left arm goes over your opponents right arm. I can do it the other way around too (in case the kid im wrestling is left handed). It traps your opponents dominant hand, and you can put him/her on his/her back easily. I usually push in, waiting for them to push back, and once they push back hit em with a lat drop. When your'e pushing in if they don't push back in an obvious avoidance of the lat drop, you can kind of side step to inside trip (I taught Dusty Stengel his inside trip)  :-D If the other kid tries to lat drop you when your'e pushing in its all about reaction, if you see it coming soon enough sink your hips and stick them, if you dont see it coming and you're in the air before you know it, try to roll through. There are plenty more options, those are just my favorite two.

is that really high persentage?  it seems everytime i go for a duck it fails, i stick to the basics, aka the legs haha

It was a high percentage for Coty Lewis and his super duck, but I only saw a few use it this year at state.  :-D