Sign in to follow this  
head trap

Head traps

How many of the 19 losses were due to you getting put on your back because you live and die by it?  Might want to learn something new and turn your record upside down.  Head locks are great when your opponent doesn't stay in a good position otherwise it is more of a desparation move in the last period when you need 4 or 5 points from your feet. 

No ita just a good move. I bet there are no other moves that create points so easily other than the headtrap. Nothin in neutral, on top, or bottom can do it quite so great.

But no its not desperation, im just fat and dont like to wrestle past the first period so i throw it and it works out quite nicely as you can see from my record. I should be 32-0 off of it but my shoulder was messed up for a while.

BEST OF LUCK FRIENDS :wink: :wink: :wink:

No ita just a good move. I bet there are no other moves that create points so easily other than the headtrap. Nothin in neutral, on top, or bottom can do it quite so great.

But no its not desperation, im just fat and dont like to wrestle past the first period so i throw it and it works out quite nicely as you can see from my record. I should be 32-0 off of it but my shoulder was messed up for a while.

No cowboys suck, it a middle school , no elementry school wrestling move. its a move that the trashy kids saw on wwf and said "i wanna do dat" and there are plenty of 5 point moves, lat drop, under-arm spin, two on one trip, duck under to a lace. and some regular shots blast doubles, single leg to a crack down, sweep trip to back. on top easy move is the eastwood, simple flop, mc nasty haha, etc. you just suck and think your going to succed with the cowboy but i garantee if you wrestle me and try to cowboy me youll get toss backwards or rolled threw. and if that doesnt work all u have to do is hook the leg and roll or get your hips up and pull your head out.

sounds like kentucky10s been caught in way too many head locks...

actually none ever, never been cowboyed, well no i take that back i was once by bryce alexander in middle school, it was like his only move, and he wasa very strong 96 lbser but he didn't pin me i rolled threw i think. and i would stop worring about me getting headlocked if i were you, cause i bet that southern dude is coming back for more hahaha.

On bottom you have a peterson roll.

No cowboys suck, it a middle school , no elementry school wrestling move. its a move that the trashy kids saw on wwf and said "i wanna do dat" and there are plenty of 5 point moves, lat drop, under-arm spin, two on one trip, duck under to a lace. and some regular shots blast doubles, single leg to a crack down, sweep trip to back. on top easy move is the eastwood, simple flop, mc nasty haha, etc. you just suck and think your going to succed with the cowboy but i garantee if you wrestle me and try to cowboy me youll get toss backwards or rolled threw. and if that doesnt work all u have to do is hook the leg and roll or get your hips up and pull your head out.

5 bucks sez i can kowboy you n make you blow snot bubbles and wheeze like a Marlboro baby. It's such an elementary move that the Iowa Hawkeyes use it. Does the 10 stand for IQ? 

5 bucks sez i can kowboy you n make you blow snot bubbles and wheeze like a Marlboro baby. It's such an elementary move that the Iowa Hawkeyes use it. Does the 10 stand for IQ?  

hahahaahahahahahahahaha  :-D :-D

A headlock or "cowboy", or "head & Arm".  Whatever you call it is not a high percentage move.  This is not to say that it cannot be successfully hit on a good wrestler.  If set up correctly and used as a suprise move you can catch anyone in one.

However it cannot be continually successfull against high caliber wrestlers if it is your primary move. (Unless MAYBE you are a HWT) Even if you are a HWT once everyone knows that is your only move they will eather stop it or just not allow you to set it up. 

I have seen it used many times in the past by high caliber wrestlers, but once again it was not their A#1 move. 

Unless you are David Richie. He could throw a headlock from anywhere. He is also the best 105 and 112 pound wrestler to ever come through the state. He pinned his way through state three strait years. I don't know anyone else that has accomplished that feat.

Unless you are David Richie. He could throw a headlock from anywhere. He is also the best 105 and 112 pound wrestler to ever come through the state. He pinned his way through state three strait years. I don't know anyone else that has accomplished that feat.

Sorry dagger but you perked my interest and had to look this one up.  I believe he was one of the most dominant in the state also but we must get the stats correct.

After dusting off my state brackets.  I found this. 

David Ritchie

Fresh.  98lbs  1st and 2nd round pins.  Loss to Whelan 14-10.  Defeated Barnes 18-12 then defeated See 11-3 for a 3rd place finish.

Soph. 105lbs  1st round pin.  2nd round defeated Nohalty 18-0 (no tech pins back then) Simis pin, Finals pin.

Jr. 112lbs  1sd and 2nd round pins.  Defeated Jamie Baugh 12-6 in semis.  Finsals pin of John Poindexter.

Sr. 112lbs (8 man bracket becuase of Semi state tourney)  1st round pin.  2nd round defeated Zack Means 3-0 Finals pin.

Came close to pinning through but fell short each year. 

Side note:  I know this is on another thread;  John Poindexter could be added to that list of greatest never to win a title. 

Sorry dagger but you perked my interest and had to look this one up.  I believe he was one of the most dominant in the state also but we must get the stats correct.

After dusting off my state brackets.  I found this. 

David Ritchie

Fresh.  98lbs  1st and 2nd round pins.  Loss to Whelan 14-10.  Defeated Barnes 18-12 then defeated See 11-3 for a 3rd place finish.

Soph. 105lbs  1st round pin.  2nd round defeated Nohalty 18-0 (no tech pins back then) Simis pin, Finals pin.

Jr. 112lbs  1sd and 2nd round pins.  Defeated Jamie Baugh 12-6 in semis.  Finsals pin of John Poindexter.

Sr. 112lbs (8 man bracket becuase of Semi state tourney)  1st round pin.  2nd round defeated Zack Means 3-0 Finals pin.

Came close to pinning through but fell short each year. 

Side note:   I know this is on another thread;  John Poindexter could be added to that list of greatest never to win a title. 

Bulldog leader, you are the man. I loved the way you called BS on that pin all 3 years quote. That was also during my era and I never recalled those stats. If my memory serves me well, I think there was only one wrestler in 1985 who pinned-em-all, lol.