Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2008/2009 - JAN 28

John Hardin was without at least 2 of their projected starters in each one of these tournaments. this can account for alot of lost points.

woodford at dragon- no 112

at wci- 112, and john hardin had a wrestler at every weight class there

woodford at dragon- no 112

at wci- 112, and john Hardin had a wrestler at every weight class there

At dragon Wade Holtzclaw,Alex Murphy and Houston Lundy did not wrestle these 3 are projected to place or very close to placing (8,9.9) by ranger. If ranger is right this will be worth a lot of points.

Wade Holtzclaw did wrestle at WCI. I watched him myself. He beat Ritchie Supe by a takedown in the finals.

Noone said he didnt, they said he didnt wrestle at the dragon, make sure you read the whole post next time.

At heaveweight Harlow beat bell of wayne by 1-0!! and Dustin Burchett of sc beat both the nelson county kid and anderson co kid today at montgomery co duels!!! He got beat 6-5 by brandon bell of wayne!! maybe he should be ranked!!!

I have been pretty impressed with Ryan Harlow so far this year, I can't wait to see how he does at state.

I have been pretty impressed with Ryan Harlow so far this year, I can't wait to see how he does at state.

I have seen him wrestle at several tournaments this year and unlike most heavyweights he can actually shoot..i believe he can go very deep into the state tourney

I have seen him wrestle at several tournaments this year and unlike most heavyweights he can actually shoot..i believe he can go very deep into the state tourney

There is only been a handful of HWT's that I have seen take a shot this season and Harlow has a very nice shot. I think if more HWT's shot they would have more success.

There is only been a handful of HWT's that I have seen take a shot this season and Harlow has a very nice shot. I think if more HWT's shot they would have more success.

haha depends on wat kind if hwt u r and who your going against i would not advise that every hwt shoots but some are good enough to do it

Okay, about Fairdale. What has gotten into the Fairdale Bulldogs. They finished 3rd in their region duals after being seeded 6th i think? Is it the coaching or is it that everybody is coming to their weightclass? I dont see how you can start the season so slow, and end up losing to southern by only 9 or 6? Let me know what you think the change is?

fairdale lost to us by about 18

Exciting individual match ups were:

Ryan Kelly SC defeated Tyler Pace Wayne 13-6

Ryan Harlow JC defeated Brandon Bell Wayne 1-0

Casey Delong SC defeated Matt Sullivan Wayne 5-4

Jordan Freeman JC defeated Casey Delong SC 4-3 (official awarded Freeman one point for a pushout to decide match very sad)

Tyler Grimm JC defeated Avery Ray SC 2-0 (Ray is going to suprise some people this year he is definately a sleeper)

Corey Vincent from Anderson County Beat Ray 3-0 Saturday at Montgomery Co and Lost to Grimm only 5-0. He has also Tech falled Nelson County at the second regional duals in Danville.

Jordan Freeman JC defeated Casey Delong SC 4-3 (official awarded Freeman one point for a pushout to decide match very sad)

Tyler Grimm JC defeated Avery Ray SC 2-0 (Ray is going to suprise some people this year he is definately a sleeper)

Corey Vincent from Anderson County Beat Ray 3-0 Saturday at Montgomery Co and Lost to Grimm only 5-0. He has also Tech falled Nelson County at the second regional duals in Danville.

He Tech falled the entire county?? :-o  What a beast!

I'm glad somebody got to wrestle. The Jefferson County teams weren't allowed to attend a tournament, and they weren't even allowed to practice, at least not in an organized fashion on school property.

The Delong - Sullivan match and the Freeman - Delong match were both really exciting...the point given for the pushout was a very questionable call

Matt Neal ? ranked based on what? no way he makes 189.

When Neal gets on the mat and doesn't get DQ'd, how many guys have beaten him over the last couple years?  Not many.  From what I heard, he was in the 90s his first couple weeks in practice.  Will he compete at region?  I don't know.  I'm not part of the Simon Kenton program.

When Neal gets on the mat and doesn't get DQ'd, how many guys have beaten him over the last couple years?  Not many.  From what I heard, he was in the 90s his first couple weeks in practice.  Will he compete at region?  I don't know.  I'm not part of the Simon Kenton program.

And did he get a weigh in to allow him to drop to 189?  Wasn't that an issue for some schools since most tournaments were cancelled last week? :?

And did he get a weigh in to allow him to drop to 189?  Wasn't that an issue for some schools since most tournaments were cancelled last week? :?

I don't know.  If he made it earlier, he didn't need it Saturday.

There was talk he took 7th at the Dragon. Any body seen the brackets , i dont think he was even there. He weighed in at the Kenton County duals at 210.

Matt Neal did not wrestle at the Dragon.  He also may have other school issues facing him. 

At best, he is only a question mark to go to the regional tournament but Simon Kenton is hosting a match on Thursday and a Matt Neal vigil will be there to see if he makes a rare appearance