Sign in to follow this  
112S.C.

WOODFORD COUNTY!?!

Yes very bold but if they continue to ummmm cultivate (recruit) the best young talent from Louisville, then they will be unstoppable, just like in football.  6 may be a stretch but I see much dominance on the horizon

Many of the wrestlers that were with the Fern Creek Club and went to Trinity did not go to a Public school in the first place.  I can only think of about 3 that did not go to a Catholic grade school.  Of those 3, probably none of them would have gone to Fern Creek anyway.  Due to the Magnet and Career programs in Jefferson Co, Kids have a great opportunity to choose the school they want to go to.  That is why Fern Creek is a Club program in the first place.  There is no Fern Creek Middle School. 

I honestly think that all of the parents of the kids involved did not send their kid to Trinity only because of the wrestling or football program.  Trinity also provides a very good education....and I'm from Fern Creek...

Many of the wrestlers that were with the Fern Creek Club and went to Trinity did not go to a Public school in the first place.  I can only think of about 3 that did not go to a Catholic grade school.  Of those 3, probably none of them would have gone to Fern Creek anyway.  Due to the Magnet and Career programs in Jefferson Co, Kids have a great opportunity to choose the school they want to go to.  That is why Fern Creek is a Club program in the first place.  There is no Fern Creek Middle School. 

I honestly think that all of the parents of the kids involved did not send their kid to Trinity only because of the wrestling or football program.  Trinity also provides a very good education....and I'm from Fern Creek...

I agree.  Many of the kids that prevuously wrestled for the Fern Creek MS program weren't even from the Fern Creek area in the first place!  They just wrestled there because it had a quality youth program.  To imply that they didn't go to Fern Creek HS because they were recruited by Trinity is just nonsense.  There are several other HS programs in Jeff Co. that have quality kids that at one time wrestled at Fern Creek.  Were they recruited as well? 

But it would be boring if everyone were nicey nice all the time. Like on this forum, everyone loves it when people get into disagreements, even dis each other. Who doesn't love a good fight?

Hey I think this is my cue.  :-o

I seem to be able to stir the pot from now and again :-D

I should say something here but I've decided to be good the 1st half of this year.    :evil: :roll:

Hey I think this is my cue.   :-o

I seem to be able to stir the pot from now and again :-D

I should say something here but I've decided to be good the 1st half of this year.    :evil: :roll:

Aww, c'mon Grappler. Go for it. Nobody keeps their resolutions anyway.  :-D

trinity has finally figured out that they can win championships at wrestling also so they will do so from now on.  Mark my words they will win 6 of the next 10 titles.

I'll take that bet forreal, like seriously, i'll put 100 dollars that Trinity doesn't win four of the next ten state titles. 100% serious, email me at Imbst1990@aol.com and get more info. To comment Trinity didn't all of a sudden just say "ohh so we want to win these wrestling matches?, that explains sooo much" even Bryan Station knows how to win championships, by winning :-o whoa i gave oout the secret. Trinity is soo good because 5 years ago Fern Creek's middle school wrestling club was led by Coach Mark Hitchings, and they were good, some people said stuff like Hitchings had his own gym and if you were on the team you had free admission to the gym; giving a bit of a advantage. Now Hitchings coachs Trinity and all the kids that happened to wrestle for fern creek ( except a few loyalties, Johnny Wolsefier, Derek Branch to name two) went to trinity also following Hitchings.

So mark my words after B. Hitchings and the rest of the now Rocks once tigers  leave trinity will go back to placing 7,8,9,10 etc.

I'll take that bet forreal, like seriously, i'll put 100 dollars that Trinity doesn't win four of the next ten state titles. 100% serious, email me at Imbst1990@aol.com and get more info. To comment Trinity didn't all of a sudden just say "ohh so we want to win these wrestling matches?, that explains sooo much" even Bryan Station knows how to win championships, by winning :-o whoa i gave oout the secret. Trinity is soo good because 5 years ago Fern Creek's middle school wrestling club was led by Coach Mark Hitchings, and they were good, some people said stuff like Hitchings had his own gym and if you were on the team you had free admission to the gym; giving a bit of a advantage. Now Hitchings coachs Trinity and all the kids that happened to wrestle for fern creek ( except a few loyalties, Johnny Wolsefier, Derek Branch to name two) went to trinity also following Hitchings.

So mark my words after B. Hitchings and the rest of the now Rocks once tigers  leave trinity will go back to placing 7,8,9,10 etc.

Woah!! Calm down lol  :-D

i have to agree give it like 2 or 3 years and they're only gonna have fahy. then there not even gonna place in the top 5 or possible 10

I have to agree.  But they are going to have a nice run over the next three years. 

yea they will but after that i dont see them doing very well!!

but till then they will b top 3 i think

Trinity might win 1 or 2 titles but i wouldn't forget about that LaRue team. There middle school team has won three strait state titles and most of those kids are 9th and 10th graders. I look for them to make a run at a state title over the next three or four years.

i love woodford now larue im not so found of and im not affliated to either

I seem to agree with you here.

Larue fans are outrageous at times. And the whole forfeit out when you have the dual won or lost (as the middle school team this last weekend), sticks in my craw.

i love woodford now larue im not so found of and im not affliated to either

i kno sometimes the larue fans get 2 crazy

like they're out for blood and they're not even wrestling

OMG!!!!!  I cannot believe that people would seriously pick Woodford over LaRue.  I am not affliated to either; HOWEVER, our team has had to sit in the section next to both of these teams.  Woodford had their crap everywhere, stood in front of us  while we were styring to watch matches, trashed with food and drink their area of the gym and OBNOXIOUS when ask to respect the teams around them.  Not to say that things did not get heated during matches but as least they were respectful of the gym, their space and moved out of the way when asked.  Having 13 trophies only proves that Woodford earned more points not that they were TRUE champions. TRUE champions are winners on and off the mat!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!  I cannot believe that people would seriously pick Woodford over LaRue.  I am not affliated to either; HOWEVER, our team has had to sit in the section next to both of these teams.  Woodford had their crap everywhere, stood in front of us  while we were styring to watch matches, trashed with food and drink their area of the gym and OBNOXIOUS when ask to respect the teams around them.  Not to say that things did not get heated during matches but as least they were respectful of the gym, their space and moved out of the way when asked.  Having 13 trophies only proves that Woodford earned more points not that they were TRUE champions. TRUE champions are winners on and off the mat!!!!!!

well i f you knew wat u were talking about you'd be rite!!! coach give the team garbage bags after the tournament and makes tham pick up all there trash!!!

i agree with you hotmamma. the thing that sets me off about woodford is the obnoxious yelling(i think they are yelling fall) at duals even though the opponent is clearly not pinned.

well i f you knew wat u were talking about you'd be rite!!! coach give the team garbage bags after the tournament and makes tham pick up all there trash!!!

I really hate to put people down but we sit in the same section as them. They try to rope off their seats [even when it's our seats], i've been mean mugged and mean mouthed by parents [when asking them to sit or things of that nature]. They really are an obnoxious type. These are the parents, etc. I've actually found the wrestlers to be pretty cool.

i mean every team has those parents and every team has those wrestlers but u cant just blam the people from woodford because they are nice kids and parents this year from what ive seen adleast

Not like these parents. Really, they seem to have an air about them that radiates condesendance [sp?]. Just an observation. Maybe they are better this year. But every year at state they take the cake for worste section buddies. lol

That's all. I won't bad mouth anymore.

I heard they practice voodoo and sacrifice young goats too. Come on lady give it a break you also said  one of them threatened your daughter too but i dont think anyone believes that either. If such was the case why didnt you call the police?  My team has long been a rival of Woodford's and they are very passionate but they aren't like what you make them to be . I respect the wrestlers and their parents and their coaches.Heck,the guy that coaches them in the off season has actually coached me when i was at the same tournaments as them and didnt have a coach and actually showed me alot of things that have helped me in my wrestling career.Not many people will necessarily do that.But on the other hand i respect the Larue wrestlers but not the fans. They, in general but not all , show no class.

Look every great program has its down time. Woodford has had a great run over the last 15 to 18 years and it is impressive how they were able to maintain that level of excellence for that long.They also had a great run through the 70's when they won 5 state titles. But don't forget that for 15 years they were an after thought. I wrestled in the 80's when Woodford wasn't any good and that is being nice. Only one individual state champ in the 80's. I'm not putting them down it is a fact.

Who knows how long this drought is going to last (hopefully not 15 years) but one thing is for sure they will be back its not a question of if its a question of when. Every program has its ups and downs.

One thing i do know is that the top teams in the state have great middle school programs. You can look at the middle school teams over the last 5 years and you can predict the who is going to be the top three teams at state for the next 3 to 5 years. Middle school wrestling is changing the way everyone is looking at Ky wrestling and it is great to be a part of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing i do know is that the top teams in the state have great middle school programs. You can look at the middle school teams over the last 5 years and you can predict the who is going to be the top three teams at state for the next 3 to 5 years. Middle school wrestling is changing the way everyone is looking at Ky wrestling and it is great to be a part of it!!!!!!!!!

And I'll take that a step further with the huge leaps that the elementary programs have taken the last couple of years that is improving the middle school wrestling even further!!

LaRue definitely has the most obnoxious fans, and that's being nice.  Yes the Woodford team does yell "faaaaaaallllll" when the pin is close but everybody does what they can to influence the officials, admit it.  One team pounds the mat when they think there's a pin.

If you don't like sitting next to Woodford at state then don't sit there, it's really not that difficult.