Sign in to follow this  
112S.C.

WOODFORD COUNTY!?!

YES, thank God for justice and karma.  I have tried to be open minded but they are so arrogant and obnoxious and it's not just the team but the parents.  One of the moms even threatened to beat up my 14 year old daughter because she had on our team's shirt.  I know that this sport is intense and the competition is fierce but they do not know where to draw the line.  There is a lot to be said about sportsmanship.  I know that the team I support has its faults and is hated by many.  However, no one in the state can compare to them.  I am glad their dominance has been challenged so maybe they can learn some humility and sportsmanship.

YES, thank God for justice and karma.  I have tried to be open minded but they are so arrogant and obnoxious and it's not just the team but the parents.  One of the moms even threatened to beat up my 14 year old daughter because she had on our team's shirt.  I know that this sport is intense and the competition is fierce but they do not know where to draw the line.  There is a lot to be said about sportsmanship.  I know that the team I support has its faults and is hated by many.  However, no one in the state can compare to them.  I am glad their dominance has been challenged so maybe they can learn some humility and sportsmanship.

[/qu

I have wrestled against Woodford many many times and have beaten a few of their kids and to be honest have had my tail handed to me on more than one occasion by Harrison Courtney and I must say I couldnt disagree with you more. In fact i thiunk the wrestlers and their fans are very respectful and respectable. I talk to alot of these guys and i know they are great guys. But on the mat they are there for one purpose and one purpose only and that is to beat you. You're going to have turd fans no matter where you go but I dont think Woodford has more than anyone else.In fact I know other teams have worse fans as i have seen time and time again at the State Duals and the State Tournament.They are a great team and may be going through a "down season" as some may call it but to them anything short of a championship is a down year.I know many who still hate getting on the mat with the black and gold.

Every one wants to beat the best... Do it why you can cause I dont see them staying down for long, and I never can imagin them dropping as low as Hopkinsville and C.C. has since their dominant years. They are the team we love to hate, but just like Mater Dei.  God I cant stand Mater Dei !!!

Seems like this topic gets brought up from time to time :-D

Yes, they are very down.  Simply reason.  They don't have a strong youth program any longer.  There are a lot of middle school programs in the state now and Woodford hasn't dominated that aspect anymore.  Look why Trinity will probably win state this year.  It was the old Fern Creek youth program pretty much.

Its a testamony to Coach Carr what he is getting out of the group of kids he has now.

Maybe the last 2 years they have been a "little down" and lost some of their dominance, but who in the hell wouldn't love to say that in their last 2 years they have had 5 individual state champs and finished 2nd & 3rd at state in the team standings?

I know quite a few of the Woodford wrestlers and I have never had a problem with any them. I won't say that they don't have a wrestler or two that is arrogant and cocky and obnoxious, but most every team does have a kid like that. As a team, they have no reason to be hated.

Always want to tear down the big dig.

See my sig.

3rd place must be a 'down' year.

When was the last time Trinity took higher than 4th?

Sacred cows make the best hamburger. For years people thought is was Joe Carr Sr's magic spinning out the championships. I think we can now see how important Coach Parks was. What does Trinity have to do with this thread other than they're the new team to hate on.

He means that just because they're not at the top, people like to say that they're "down", even though they're still much better than some teams will ever be.

trinity has finally figured out that they can win championships at wrestling also so they will do so from now on.  Mark my words they will win 6 of the next 10 titles.

That's a bold statement, six of the next ten.  If it weren't so far off I'd ask you to put a wager on that.

About Olympic-Wish's signature, I can honestly say that when Woodford doesn't win it all many in the program feel like they came up short, which they did because the goal EVERY year is to be the best.  Period.  Not that 2nd or 3rd is anything not to be proud of but the expectations are set high at Woodford for a reason.  One of my old high school teachers had a saying, "Reach for the stars.  You may not always get one, but you won't come up with a handful of dirt either."  Most of the time people don't reach their goals.  If you aim for 3rd then you'll probably get anywhere from 3-6.  But if you really aim for 1st then you'll probably finish 1-4, generally speaking.  The goal for every wrestler, every year should be to win it all, no exceptions.

We also realize that not everyone is going to love us and we're ok with that, hence my signature. :-D

trinity has finally figured out that they can win championships at wrestling also so they will do so from now on.  Mark my words they will win 6 of the next 10 titles.

I agree that is quite bold.  I recognize that they have some young talent in the program, but to go out on a limb like that is a stretch.  Union has been on top of the hill for a couple years now.  And they have some beastly kids coming through their MS program that will keep them challenging for a while.  Now if there was a bylaw added by the KHSAA that made anyone with the last name Ervin ineligible, then I would say you have a shot.

It was the year before last and it was a down year and they put five in the state finals, so yeah thats a down year lol. Let me mention a small correlation trinity and fern creek middle school state championship team, did I say that? oops

Yes very bold but if they continue to ummmm cultivate (recruit) the best young talent from Louisville, then they will be unstoppable, just like in football.  6 may be a stretch but I see much dominance on the horizon

It was the year before last and it was a down year and they put five in the state finals, so yeah thats a down year lol. Let me mention a small correlation trinity and fern creek middle school state championship team, did I say that? oops

At the region 4 duals today only 4 starters on Trinity's starting line-up came from FCOC.

I know quite a few of the Woodford wrestlers and I have never had a problem with any them. I won't say that they don't have a wrestler or two that is arrogant and cocky and obnoxious, but most every team does have a kid like that. As a team, they have no reason to be hated.

Well-said, pmilf103. I've talked with some of the Woodford parents in the stands and found them very nice and friendly and also complimentary of some of my team's wrestlers. I've also witnessed a couple of wrestlers from Woodford who were real jerks, but I've seen some on other teams, too.

It's human nature, I think, to hate the best, or something close to it. But it would be boring if everyone were nicey nice all the time. Like on this forum, everyone loves it when people get into disagreements, even dis each other. Who doesn't love a good fight?