Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 DEC 11

Tates Creek beat Johnson Central 42-34. Nathan Gray lost twice today to Ryan Harlow and Anthony Cantrell. He has not had a full of week of practice yet and is definitely way out of shape. He will be fine when all is said and done. Johnson Central wrestled hard today and nothing can be taken from their heavies who flat out won today. However in a month I'll be very interested for the rematches at TCI.

Lost to McNeely tonight. No excuses. I went out and lost a match that I should have won with no problem. He beat me fair and square.

I will say this about my match against Sean Garcia: My hand didn't get raised, but I won that match.

Intersting result from Johnson Central today:  Robert Anchrom (sp) of JC beat Dakota Kincer of Letcher by a couple points.  I don't think either of them are at the weight they are shooting for this season, but considering Robert isn't ranked and Kincer is sitting at #2 at 103 and is a very good wrestler, I thought this was noteworthy.  I wasn't at the match I just heard the score.  Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Also, Tates Creek and Johnson Central will be wrestling later today, which is number 11 and 10 in the dual rankings.  Should be a pretty good match.

One more thing...where is this website where you can see everyone's weight and weight loss plan?  Can anyone access it?  Thanks for the help.   

kincer lost by 1 or 2 points but there was some contreversy over the score. kincer went on to beat Tates creeks zach brown by a couple points.

Logan Stuerle (North Oldham #17 152) beat Jamie Pile #3 145 Nelson Co today at the Nelson Co Duals.  He also beat Coty Berry by pin, and the Meade Co kid by pin.  He went 5-0 on the day with 4 pins.

Logan Stuerle (North Oldham #17 152) beat Jamie Pile #3 145 Nelson Co today at the Nelson Co Duals.  He also beat Coty Berry by pin, and the Meade Co kid by pin.  He went 5-0 on the day with 4 pins.

The Meade kid was a freshmen that is going to drop to 145 but zach ulig and tanner cole couldnt wrestle this weekend. 

wat does it take to get ranked for a first year wrestler

first i beat 3   Lar Co   Nick Paden at oldham co.

and today at L.I.T. i placed 1st place 103

Im pretty sure that Nick Paden was at 112 for the Oldham Co duals. Being that i wrestled him myself there. I am just assuming you wrestled there back up 103.

heres some results for the johnson central tournament. 112 was a three way tie between johnson central, zac brown and dakota kincer. kincer beat brown by 1 point. brown pinning johnson central in the first period. johnson central beat dakota by two points. controversial score, but i feel the score was right, and i watched the whole match.

brandon abney, daniel griggs, dodd kinder, nick lalonde, and kasey hedges went undefeated at the tournament. kasey hedges beat zac salyers 10 to 7. andrew wright wrestled a solid close match to no 2 ranked johnson central kid at 145. stephen kimbrell wrestled a solid match as well against highly rated tyler grimm. i think the final score was 3 to 0. i think that joe davis went undefeated as well, but i could be wrong. the toughest competition at the tournament in my opinion was the 112 weight class with four very close competitors right there with eatch other. all the matches were very close and very exciting.

nathan gray lost two matches today, both were to johnson central. the final score of the dual between johnson central and tates creek was 42 to 34. it was another exciting dual just like last year.

What a match between Osbourne and Zarth.  10-8 OT in the semi's of the Raider Rumble.  Ozzy came out with a big takedown to win.  Great showing! 

at the johnson central tourny i believe that Kasey Hedges beat Zach Salyers ( who was wrestling 135 on Saturday)  in an exhibition match.

Yeah, I believe you are right that it was an exhibition.  Salyers was 5-0 on the day with his five matches in and just sort of came out of the stands and wrestled Hedges because there was not many 125s there. Zach was leading with under a minute to go and Hedges caught him in a throw. That is not to take anything away form Hedges who is a good wrester.  What happened to him last year?

Tates Creek beat Johnson Central 42-34. Nathan Gray lost twice today to Ryan Harlow and Anthony Cantrell. He has not had a full of week of practice yet and is definitely way out of shape. He will be fine when all is said and done. Johnson Central wrestled hard today and nothing can be taken from their heavies who flat out won today. However in a month I'll be very interested for the rematches at TCI.

Not to take anything away from Nathan Gray, but yesterday was the first time Ryan Harlow has stepped on a mat in two years.

Paden was at 112 at OC duals.

Also at Nelson Co Lenz bumped up to 119 to wrestle Rusch.  heckuva match, Lenz beat him 12-5

That was a very good match. Rusch is a very talented wrestler, he's going to be a beast his senior year seeing how he's only a freshman. Lenz is my pick for state champ at 112 this year.

Not to take anything away from Nathan Gray, but yesterday was the first time Ryan Harlow has stepped on a mat in two years.

Not to take anything away from Ryan Harlow but Nathan Gray has a severe shoulder injury which has basically kept him from practicing all year and meant he has been wrestling with one arm all year.

Yeah, I believe you are right that it was an exhibition.  Salyers was 5-0 on the day with his five matches in and just sort of came out of the stands and wrestled Hedges because there was not many 125s there. Zach was leading with under a minute to go and Hedges caught him in a throw. That is not to take anything away form Hedges who is a good wrester.  What happened to him last year?

you will have to ask kasey yourself what happened to him im not quite sure about what happened last year

Well from what i can recall at regions he had a very stacked weight class and a bad draw. I think he was the 4 seed and ended up wrestling Parks or Voth (can't remember who was the one seed). He ended up having to wrestle shawn johnson in conso's and lost a very close match to him.

you are trying to make it sound like Harlow is a bad wrestler. Even though he has been off the mat for two years, that doesn't change the fact that Harlow beat the #8 rated wrestler in the state to get his starting spot. Harlow is a great wrestler from what I saw on Saturday and deserved to win that match. Nathan needs to just use that match to motivate him to work harder in practice