Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 DEC 3

Neal Reburn was at 112 today. all of unions wrestlers bumped up 1 or 2 weight classes. Their 103 today was a 7th grader. He went 3-2. They get their football players back monday so their weights will be shifting back down.

some of them weighed to heavy to shift back down immediately, idk about that. but anyway, then zac brown beat neal reburn. i think the score spread was nine points.

[glow=red,2,300]Good job with the rankings ranger.[/glow]  Looks like things are starting to take shape. :-D

Weekly update.  A few results included and weight changes included.

1 Tri Myron Bradbury 11

2 Har Co Andy Lenz 12

3 Way Co Luke Troxell 9

4 Sen Jeff Warra 12

5 TC Zac Brown 11

6 Scott Ritchie Supe 10

7 Lar Co Justin Thompson 12

8 Chr Co Dee Leavell 12

9 JC Jayce Carr 9

10 St X James Severs 12

11 JH Wade Holtsclaw 8

12 Laf Will Bryant 10

14 Sou James Huffine 13 DH Michael Britton 111115 CH Dustin Jaggers 9

16 FC Corey Krieger 11

17 And Co Hunter Lilly 11

18 HC Joe Mims 10

19 Wood Co Shane White 9

20 SO Corey Edens 10

Micheal Britton will not be wrestling this year. Something that he is eneligible due to academics from the previous year.

At the King of the Bluegrass Tournament, Corey Krieger (Fern Creek) finished in second, behind the kid ranked eighth from Christian County.  In the semifinals, he beat Suppe from Scott, 6-3 I Believe

I think he has a chance of doing great things but so far the only bit matches he has won are in the off season and (early season?). I have seen him wrestle and believe he is a very good wrestle but until he wins some key matches in mid to late regular season I think that it is hard to rank him above other wrestlers whom have had more time to, how should I say "show themselves off".

I think he has a chance of doing great things but so far the only bit matches he has won are in the off season and (early season?). I have seen him wrestle and believe he is a very good wrestle but until he wins some key matches in mid to late regular season I think that it is hard to rank him above other wrestlers whom have had more time to, how should I say "show themselves off".

What do you consider key matches. The kid looked tough in early season, intimidation, he set the stage. On a second note since when is wrestling about showing off? I always thought it was for love of the sport. Its the wrestlers that worry about "showing off" that end up failing in the long run. Example, Harrison Courtney wrestles with a basic style, no flashy duck-unders or tosses. He is no doubt the best wrestler in the state. Take someone like Ozzy Parker, hit wonderful moves, flowed on the mat, he looked real good but his downfall was that he knew he looked good and tried his best trying make the big crowd go "ohh & ahh" My argument with you comment is that just because its early season doesn't mean that good wrestlers can't be picked out from pudds, and that wrestling isn't about showing off.

What do you consider key matches. The kid looked tough in early season, intimidation, he set the stage. On a second note since when is wrestling about showing off? I always thought it was for love of the sport. Its the wrestlers that worry about "showing off" that end up failing in the long run. Example, Harrison Courtney wrestles with a basic style, no flashy duck-unders or tosses. He is no doubt the best wrestler in the state. Take someone like Ozzy Parker, hit wonderful moves, flowed on the mat, he looked real good but his downfall was that he knew he looked good and tried his best trying make the big crowd go "ohh & ahh" My argument with you comment is that just because its early season doesn't mean that good wrestlers can't be picked out from pudds, and that wrestling isn't about showing off.

I'm guessing the show off was not the right choice of words.  What he/she probably meant was prove themselves.  The other kids have proven themselves at big tournaments and especially in February when it counts.

I'm guessing the show off was not the right choice of words.  What he/she probably meant was prove themselves.  The other kids have proven themselves at big tournaments and especially in February when it counts.

That is exactly the sort of thing that I meant. I was only refering to rank and I was only saying until he is actually able to prove himself it would be hard to put him in front of someone who has. I personally agree and think he will end up ahead of a lot of kids.

dee would have a long way to go to make it to finals though, he's have to have an obnoxiosly easy state bracket to make it there in my opinion. there are some tough wrestlers at 112 with bradbury, lenz, brown, and troxell just to name a few. any of them on his side of the bracket, i dont think hed make it.

dee would have a long way to go to make it to finals though, he's have to have an obnoxiosly easy state bracket to make it there in my opinion. there are some tough wrestlers at 112 with bradbury, lenz, brown, and troxell just to name a few. any of them on his side of the bracket, i dont think hed make it.

I think Leavell is pretty tough. I'm gonna say he could beat Brown and Lenz, He'd lose to Bradbury, and Troxell is a toss-up IMO

I think Leavell is pretty tough. I'm gonna say he could beat Brown and Lenz, He'd lose to Bradbury, and Troxell is a toss-up IMO

Lenz beat him last year.  Not sure he has wrestled Brown, but I give Brown the slight edge right now.  I do agree though that Troxell could be a toss-up.

i believe troxell and dee would be a great match but i think brown and dee would be even better i think that would go overtime and come down who is better at neutral and i think dee might win it 

Lenz did beat Dee last year but Dee beat him in the off season

to be honest i dont think the off season means anything, most wrestlers dont even cut weight for off season tournaments

to be honest i dont think the off season means anything, most wrestlers dont even cut weight for off season tournaments

I agree with you on this. i got it handed to me alot during the summer. Summer tourneys are always run un-smooth. Plus most kids are trying different styles and moves to prepare them for the way they want to wrestle during the season.

I agree with you on this. i got it handed to me alot during the summer. Summer tourneys are always run un-smooth. Plus most kids are trying different styles and moves to prepare them for the way they want to wrestle during the season.

thats another point i didn't even mention. i've wrestled tournaments during the summer, and half the fun is trying something you'd never try in a high stakes match.