Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings - 2008/2009 PRESEASON APRIL 3

Why can't middle school wrestle high school?    According to KHSAA they can participate 7th and up.

I think it is up to the local school board.  Apparently Union County School Board has not approved 7th and 8th graders from wrestling varsity.

Okay, it's been a month, so I guess I'll throw an update out here.  Haven't heard a lot.  Norbury going 215 and I saw Dusty Brown and he looks like he ate Billy Fuller so I'm guessing he'll be wrestling 189 or at least 171.

Team

1 Trinity (Louisville)

2 Union Co

3 John Hardin

4 Ryle

5 Johnson Central

6 Larue Co

7 Campbell Co

8 Wayne Co

9 Sheldon Clark

10 South Oldham

11 Oldham Co

12 Seneca

13 Simon Kenton

14 Woodford Co

15 Eastern

16 Henry Clay

17 Tates Creek

18 St. Xavier

19 Christian Co

20 Iroquois

21 North Hardin

22 Pleasure Ridge Park

23 Central Hardin

24 Scott

25 Bullitt Central

26 Henderson Co

27 Lafayette

28 Harrison Co29 North Oldham

30 Ohio Co

I honestly doubt Harrison will end up that low next year, I agree we will not have a squad as good as we have in the past couple of years but we will be decent, higher than 28.  Just my opinion though, good job on the rankings.....

I know this is petty ranger but you have Boone ranked 36 and they have one kid on your rankings 18 at 189. Meanwhile my alma mater has one kid ranked 17 at 189 and they are not above them?

I know this is petty ranger but you have Boone ranked 36 and they have one kid on your rankings 18 at 189. Meanwhile my alma mater has one kid ranked 17 at 189 and they are not above them?

Does it really matter?

You have Fern Creek listed at 61st...they should at least be in the top 60... :-D

I remember seeing those "The Creek is Rising" shirts.  What happened?  Has the youth program went downhill?  Has the Creek went dry?

You have Fern Creek listed at 61st...they should at least be in the top 60... :-D

I would like to believe so.  But based on the lineup I see (assuming Warren is not returning), I don't see alot of ranked wrestlers.

I have only posted the top 20, but more than that go into the scoring at state (24 to be exact).  So there are some guys (not on the board) who are scoring points according to the rankings.

I would like to believe so.  But based on the lineup I see (assuming Warren is not returning), I don't see alot of ranked wrestlers.

I was kidding...notice I only moved them up one spot... :-D

Guest wildcats143

I honestly doubt Harrison will end up that low next year, I agree we will not have a squad as good as we have in the past couple of years but we will be decent, higher than 28.  Just my opinion though, good job on the rankings.....

i must agree. harrison county is improving and they are going to be tough. Andy Lenz will be a contender at 112 if he can make that weight

"Fell off" where do you get he fell off.  He had only been on the mat for 6 weeks prior to state due to an injury.  He lost one match at state.  He lost one match at Grundy after being out for practice only 2 days. The kid  was from Blacksburg VA who placed 3rd in the state.  He lost 1 match at WSAZ which fields 50+ teams after only being out practicing 3 weeks.  He lost 3 total matches  for the year, all to highly ranked kids and was not wrestling at 100%.  He also went 3-2 at nationals in Va beating several nationally ranked kids. He was one match from placing. 

and i do believe that would explain why he would want to go 215... he's chasing competition.. not running from it...  good for him...

Lets here from some wrestlers.  Why do you pick a certain weight to wrestle?  Most  of the lower weights could go 2 to 3 weights from their normal or wrestling weight.  Upper weights could go usually 2 different weights.  Do you pick where you think you can best win state or find a harder weight to get tougher competition?  This doesn't mean changing weights just for a tournament to get better competition.