Sign in to follow this  
RYP

Team Kentucky final lineup

The lineup for the 2008 Middle School National Duals team is set.  We have one opening for a heavyweight(up to 275lbs).  If you know of any 7th or 8th grader who would like to attend, please private message me their name and contact information.  Thanks to Keith Smith and KY USA Wrestling for paying the $800 tournament entry fee.  Also, thanks to the KY State Wrestling Assoc for picking up the cost of uniforms for the team.  We will be posting results during the tournament on this site.

The final lineup:

75 Brock Ervin, Union

75 Sean Fausz, Campbell-Alt

80 Garth Yenter, Campbell

85 Logan Wedding, Union

90 Caleb Canter, Larue

90 Matt Fahy, YKC-Alt

95 Brent Hitchings, Trinity

102 John Fahy, YKC

110 Luke Troxell, Wayne

117 Alex Murphy, John Hardin

125 Omar Jarvis, Fern Creek

132 Larry Sammons, McCreary

140 JJ Jude, Johnson Central

150 Kenneth Brummett, Union

160 Bernard Ray, Larue

175 Samuel Vanover, N. Hardin

175 Soloman Vanover, N. Hardin-Alt

195 Jordan Jones, Spartan

220 Steven Hollon, Perry Central

275 OPEN

Omar Jarvis of Fern Creek has decided not to attend and the 125 lb. spot has been filled by Shawn Hull from Larue County.  Welcome to the team, Shawn!

What is the criteria for who gets that spot?  McCall finished 3rd at 124.  He was 43-2 on the season with his only 2 losses being to Jarvis.  He lost a 3-2 decision to Jarvis in the state semifinals.  He also faced Hull in one match this season and defeated Hull 5-2.

There is not any "criteria" for how the team is selected.  Obviously state champs get first consideration.  There are a number of factors which always make it difficult to get the lineup where everyone is satisfied.  The MS National Duals tourney weight classes are significantly different then KY's.  Kids weights after the season can change dramatically while others don't change at all.  This year we have two wrestlers who are jumping up a weight class and wrestlers who won or came in 2nd are dropping down a class to accomodate those two.  I know there are deserving wrestlers who are not going to Danville.  I wish we had a way to accomodate all wrestlers who wanted to participate.

There is not any "criteria" for how the team is selected.  Obviously state champs get first consideration.  There are a number of factors which always make it difficult to get the lineup where everyone is satisfied.  The MS National Duals tourney weight classes are significantly different then KY's.  Kids weights after the season can change dramatically while others don't change at all.  This year we have two wrestlers who are jumping up a weight class and wrestlers who won or came in 2nd are dropping down a class to accomodate those two.  I know there are deserving wrestlers who are not going to Danville.  I wish we had a way to accomodate all wrestlers who wanted to participate.

The wrestlers that are moving up and down have nothing to do with the open spot at 125.

What is the criteria for who gets that spot?  McCall finished 3rd at 124.  He was 43-2 on the season with his only 2 losses being to Jarvis.  He lost a 3-2 decision to Jarvis in the state semifinals.  He also faced Hull in one match this season and defeated Hull 5-2.

What is the criteria? 

I think you have a legitimate complaint.  Let's put our best to represent KY.

Was McCall not even approached about being on the team since he did wrestle at that weight all year and state? And, although Hull is a good wrestler,  he did not even wrestle at state since he was over weight for 117. I may be wrong, but if a state champ at a weight class is first in line, then the state second placer would be the next obvious choice. Or even someone who wrestled state at either 117 or 131 before someone who didn't even wrestle.

I just had a great idea; if you don't like the make up of the team do something about it.   Try coaching and put together your own team.

I just had a great idea too, why don't you start your own topic and post.. in... it.