Sign in to follow this  
urgoingdown

Graduating Wrestlers you

im from caldwell and the two seniors that we had this year were clay overbey (140) and logan kenneday (215). im a junior now and im gonna miss them both because ive only gotten closer to them as the last 3 years went on when i moved down to kentucky the summer of my freshman year meeting them both on the football team and then wrestling with them.

I'll miss good ole Beau Sanders.  This is one of the few guys who was still around from when I wrestled.  He is a great guy and seemed to know everyone in the arena this weekend.  He also ended up with a great career as a two-time state finalist. 

I will miss John Thomas, Kevin Porter and Dre Wesley.  I have never coached a kid with as much heart as JT.  It is truly unmatched.  Not bad for a kid with only 3 years of wrestling.

Blake Sheehan is a kid that I've enjoyed being around and getting to know. He does what he's told, he works hard and has a good attitude. I've enjoyed watching him wrestle, and hope he applies that to the rest of his life after his high school career.

My wrestling partner Bobby Seilhamer and David liberum a first year wrestler who has heart and won a match at state

zeppa,supe,fuller,peace,reid,beau sanders all fun wrestlers to watch

I will miss John Thomas, Kevin Porter and Dre Wesley.  I have never coached a kid with as much heart as JT.  It is truly unmatched.  Not bad for a kid with only 3 years of wrestling.

congradulations thats a great acomplishment

Without a doubt, Derek Nickel.  Things didn't work out the way we had hoped.  Those are the breaks in life sometimes, but it will still never change my opinion of him.  He is a great young man and just a great person to be around.  It was my priviledge to coach him over the past 2 years.  I enjoyed watching him grow as a wrestler and as a person.  I will also miss my other 2 seniors, Billy Cahill and Aaron Cosgrove.  Those 3 guys have been through a lot the last 3 years of wrestling, but they always gave me everything they had and never second guessed what I was trying to teach them.  All 3 young men reminded me every day through their character, dedication and work ethic why I love coaching.  They exemplified everything good about the sport of wrestling.

Brian Peace and Mason Reid followed in the footsteps of Kyle Ruschell helping our younger wrestlers by example and continuing his tradition of exemplary leadership.  Great wrestlers, great mentors and more importantly great human beings.  We will miss them but we won't forget them. 

I'll miss Anthony Bailey - he turned into a phenomenal wrestler. So quick for such a huge man. Also Mason Reid -- wow, what an amazing wrestler he became. Love those back flips, too.

Finally, Eastern seniors Phil Harrison and Ryan Clark. They had some tough breaks this year, but they're stars in the hearts of the younger wrestlers on Eastern's team -- always good natured and truly interested in helping others.

My man Jaaavis Elam. The best work ethic, most heart and determination than anyone I ever seen. 2008 103 State Champ baby

Yes, Jarvis was fun to watch, and he showed a lot of grit wrestling the final with that bum knee.

I'm going to have to say i'll miss watching Peace, Reid, Courtney, Ervin, and Travis Sullivan the most.

Courtney didn't graduate. We still have another year of that little monster.

I think that almost all of the senior class of wrestlers were full of class, wish them all well in their next level of life, be it life learnings, education, or working world. You will all succeed because you have learned what it takes to win in life and on the mat. Continue that devotion, you will be the leaders of the future. I congradulate all wreslters graduating this year for your hard work and encourage underclassmen to pick it up from there,,,,