Sign in to follow this  
I-pinned-em-all

Trinity 3rd Place?

If Jordan Whiting would have accepted his pin in the quarterfinals rather than tapping out, Trinity would have placed 3rd in state rather than 4th.

With Jordan losing in the quarters, as should have happened, he would have been deeper in the losers bracket. He still would have won 3rd place overall and had all of the advancing points for 3rd. However, by losing in the quartersfinals he would have wrestled 7 matches rather than the 6 he had to wrestle by losing in the semi's. The extra match would likely have resulted in a pin thereby by giving Trinity more team points. 

Trinity was 0.5 points behind Woodford. The extra match with pin points would have been more than enough to beat Woodford.

Moral of the story...

If Jordan Whiting would have accepted his pin in the quarterfinals rather than tapping out, Trinity would have placed 3rd in state rather than 4th.

With Jordan losing in the quarters, as should have happened, he would have been deeper in the losers bracket. He still would have won 3rd place overall and had all of the advancing points for 3rd. However, by losing in the quartersfinals he would have wrestled 7 matches rather than the 6 he had to wrestle by losing in the semi's. The extra match would likely have resulted in a pin thereby by giving Trinity more team points. 

Trinity was 0.5 points behind Woodford. The extra match with pin points would have been more than enough to beat Woodford.

Moral of the story...

Moral of the story is.......Trinity should devote more time to teaching their coaches and wrestlers math!

I seriously doubt they intended for Whiting to get stopped in the semi's. They have more the win at all cost mentality. I believe Whiting intended to gain some advantage by throwing Fuller into the scoring area but never intended for things to ends as they did!

Moral of the story is.......Trinity should devote more time to teaching their coaches and wrestlers math!

I seriously doubt they intended for Whiting to get stopped in the semi's. They have more the win at all cost mentality. I believe Whiting intended to gain some advantage by throwing Fuller into the scoring area but never intended for things to ends as they did!

Mr. Clean I think you give Whiting to much credit. I seriously doubt he was thinking, "well I'll just toss him through the tables and that will send the message.". Was it the middle of a close match? Yes. Was he really amped up? Probably so, but I really doubt he would go through the thought process to send Fuller into the tables.

I couldn't have scripted a better ending.  Think about this.....if you have time to tap out, then you need to succumb to the discomfort and pin yourself.  The match will be over soon enough.  If you were truly to be in a position where you can't breathe then you will probably just "fall".........as was the case with Hogben from Ryle in the consolation finals.   No tap out.......but was pinned and out cold.

I think he knew what he did was wrong! And I think he would anything to win. If he taps out in one match who knows. But since he tapped out in another match he is a lowly cheater in my book. So maybe he gets too much credit in another match. That's what happens when you choose the low road.

These things hapen when your near the boundary. I don't think Whiting did anything wrong.

Now the tappin out might be diffrent.......

ok since he was already losing to fuller, and the ref let it let out of hand eailer in the match(bumping, slaping) i think he knew exactly what he was doing.  right before that when they went out of bounds whiting said something(?) fuller shoulder bumped him, then thay got in each other face, refs said NOTHING then the next time they went out of bounds whiting throws fuller out, then the crowd seeing how DIRTY it was starting BOOING him. to save face (what little he had left) he raised fuller hand after the match.  to cocky or to stupid ???

Would the extra match been enough points to put them ahead of the next team?  Rmember in the consolation round you get one less advancement point than in the championship round.  And then if he didn't pin???

I don't really know, Would he tap out again as he did twice last year and in the quarters this year?  You tell me!

once again, whiting DID NOT wrestle at state last year because he was hurt. check your facts.

You are correct, I think everyone is getting him and Lewis mixed up....it wasn't Whiting though.

once again, whiting DID NOT wrestle at state last year because he was hurt. check your facts.

You are correct, I think everyone is getting him and Lewis mixed up....it wasn't Whiting though.

Here's how I see it. I had a very swollen leg and, if anyone saw how my leg was positioned when Mitch put me on my back, I didn't tap and accepted the fall. I shook his hand and went on my way.

Now...

Have you seen Jordan Whiting? okay. I don't think that some squishy kid rolling him up in a half or whatever it was could even come close to putting his neck in the least bit of pain or a position in which he was in so much danger that he would be forced to tap. He ain't just a big ol' boy, he's a monster. He was stuck, squealed like a stuck pig, came back to win a match that wasn't his to win. That's it. It was horrible and I hope I never have to see anything like that happen so deep into state ever again.

Moral of the story...

I may be wrong but I think that you score more points for a win in the championship bracket than you do in the consolation bracket.

Read the post again. Advancing point are the same regardless of when you lose/win. 3rd place will give same amount of points regardless of how you got there. If a person loses early, they will need to wrestle more matches. More matches will give more opportunity for more pins. Each pin gives additional points. There is a difference.

i dont know why everyone complains about woodford stalling when everyone does it yes everyone if u dont want them to stall dont let them get ahead but if ur gonna call shane and woodford on it i hope u make sure u kids dont do it and rip them but i bet u dpnt care if they stall as long as they win so leave woodford and shane alone and quit tryin to take away a kids hard work

Wow!!! Alot of Trinity haters out there??? I was right on the mat behind coaches and whiting was clearly out of bounds !!!! Maybe he did tap ,but you cannot be pinned out of bounds and nobody mentions that before he was rolled into that position he had Bullock pinned !!!! Once whiting figured out how to wrestle Bullock he clearly outclassed him ,repeatadly taking him down and letting him up!!!! I hope Jordan reads all these posts and wrestles next year just to prove you naysayers wrong about his ability!!! Also Fuller wanted to continue and was clearly capable of and his coaches ordered him NOT to!!!

WOW! Trinity has really made the big show now. Before they were good no one paid them much attention but now that they win all the time everyone is all over their nuts. how bout congradulating tose kids on all the hard work they did this season to become STATE DUALS CHAMPS and quit being jealous. If it wasnt for a very unfortunate injury to josh lewis then trinity would have easily been in second place and would have been a toss up with Union for the overall state title depending on exactly how high he placed. Very few teams work as hard and wrestle as tough of a schedual as trinty. So to all trinty wrestlers GREAT tournament and Congrats on on being state duals CHAMPIONS!

12345 or should I call you intellectual midget? No reasonable person wishes Trinity ill will. We just don't like the cheating tactics used by some of their big wrestlers. I have noticed, no one is stating Whiting didn't tap out. Therefore, everyone agrees the blubbery Heavyweight from Lafayette in the 1/4 finals squeezed big bad muscular national power lifting champion Jordan Whiting's head so hard, Jordan couldn't breathe and had to tap out. IF you factor that stunt, Trinity SHOULD have been much lower, and if they didn't cheat, some suggest they COULD have placed 3rd.

I have a suggestion, why don't you suggest to KHSAA they place footnotes under Trinity's 4th place finish stating, should have and could have!

No but what they forget to metion is that the lafayette 285 called injury time after whiting hit a nasty double and had him pinned as well so tell the whole side of the story b4 you start throwing them under the bus. Also they should put and astrick beside fuller's 2nd place and state that he is soft as cotton and never beat whiting. he laid down like a baby and it was nice to see bailey drop him on his head with that double in the finals. This is all hear say and i have no first person account of this but i was told that fuller came up to whiting after the match and said his coach told him to lay there and not get up. if this is the case then it should bankamper who is harrassed for that move and not fuller.