Sign in to follow this  
pridewrestler

DC EVANS

I have this on TAPE!! watched it several times.  showed everyone.  Very disgusting.  halfway through the 3rd period, jake got a low single and d.c. wnet out of bounds and the ref called out.  With d.c.'s other foot, he kicked jake HARD in the head.  saw it the second time i watched the match.  Then when D.C. lost he pushed Jake down, threw headgear down hard, pushed his coach away when told to calm down, then to just show D.C. doesn't care, he walked right through the middle of a match that was going on like he didnt care at all. 

You judge a mans character by the way he acts when things are not going your way.  Anyone can smile when things go your way.

I disagree and agree with you. But Most people on this site had far more expectations for DC this year. He was in the finals last year with a 2x state champion,  He could of won thai matxh as we all know.  Region 8 has been a tough place to get out of in Sullivan"s weight class.  This years State Champion Corey Spencer of JC  finished 3rd last year at regionals last year. Spencer lost by 1 point in the semi-finals of the state tournament to DC.  IMO, Frustation.....

To DC and all other wrestlers,  Life is just in the infancy for you,  Apply that work ethic you learned from wrestling and you will be fine.  P.S.  From an over weight former wrestler...Be the Best you can be!!!!

I believe it is IPEA that has said these kids spend 4+ years learning about much more than wrestling.  Actually that is the least important thing they should learn.  And although I understand the frustration of having high expectations and losing, but I agree that how you act when times are tough shows your true character.  And it appears that Evans did not learn those important life lessons from his time on the mat.  Obviously Travis Sullivan did and will most likely be very successful in life because of it.

i am only in the 8th grade and i think that D.C. acted childish

you can run your mouth about d.c when you get out of your diapers.  p.s. you will never be anywhere close to being as good as d.c. evans is and will be.

thanks you have a nice day

you can run your mouth about d.c when you get out of your diapers.  p.s. you will never be anywhere close to being as good as d.c. evans is and will be.

Wow.

Bitter much?

i am only in the 8th grade and i think that D.C. acted childish

yes that was childish of him but think about it what if your junior year you were a state runner-up then your senior year you don't even place come on you would probably do the same thing execpt the kicking in the face

yes that was childish of him but think about it what if your junior year you were a state runner-up then your senior year you don't even place come on you would probably do the same thing execpt the kicking in the face

No, I can't think of an acceptable situation on the mat to act the way he did.  Flat out unacceptable.

No, I can't think of an acceptable situation on the mat to act the way he did.  Flat out unacceptable.

well yes it was unaccectable. yes he shouldnt have done it, he should of done what sullivan done but he lost his temper, if he was going to do anything like hitting or yelling he should of done it in the locker room or outside

I was for one let down about the DC Evans incident. I thought he did a great job last year, and if he didnt go for the pin in the finals against Sullivan last year, he would have probably won that match.

He moved up to the hardest weight class bar none. Wempe is a tough kid, and I have to commend him for being a good sportsman after the incident.

I think DC felt like he needed to prove himself this year, and things just went wrong. Coaches need to really preach winning and losing with dignity.

i remember when I wrestled, if you lost, you just sucked it up. The kid was better than you on that particular day. There seemed to be a lot more respect for one another. Maybe I just didnt look for it the way I do now as a coach. But wrestling is one of the most emotional sports I have ever participated in or viewed. It is tough, and unforgiving in some sences, but it gives you a great deal of pride and integrity...Help bring Integrity back to high school wrestling, and it will last forever.

DC EVANS is a punk that cant take a loss. He shouldnt of left it in the refs hands. His fault and he acted like a punk.

Hes a solid wrestler no doubt but he needs a kick in the ass.

i can see your still acting childish p.s. i heard you blew it 2 years in a row