Sign in to follow this  
I-pinned-em-all

Missed Peterson

Some refs have a difficult time identifying a peterson. Harrison Courtney got robbed at sophomore nationals last year by a ref who simply didn't recognize the move.

Steve Norbery hit a beautiful Peterson tonight during the finals and the ref never awarded the reversal or nearfall. The move was textbook form and happened very quickly, neither ref recognized it. Norbery won the match anyway.

I-pinned-em-all,

I sat in dismay as I watched that match with my endeared coach Bob Warnick and said, "I gues they don't know what a Peterson is?"  5 point move.  No points given.  Not even my team.

Zarth hit a peterson against Miller tonight that the crowd seemed to think was worth 5 points but none was awarded. Miller ended up winning the match.

these REFS most of them have been around wrestling for years and they don't know what a "PETERSON" is? are they stupid or what?

hitting a peterson does not always give you nearfall, although most times it does. it does ALWAYS give you at least loss of control, with 1 point for escape and generally 2 for a reversal if you stay in bounds.

You have to get the reversal before back points right?

yes, you can only have a reversal or nearfall when you have control. however, if you are going out of bounds while in the rolling through on a peterson, then it is an escape. it's in the case manual.