Sign in to follow this  
three

Jones lost down in AL. a few weeks ago. And I doubt anyone will beat them, they will beat each other. I can say it looks like they are untouchable from any other 189.

Ryan Kelly hasnt wrestled either of them, and isnt undeafeated. In his first tournament back he lost out at Grundy to the guy who got second (sorry I dunno the name) and ended up winng the rest of his matches since. Kelly should have won the match, but was just out of shape and had some bad calls and things just didnt go his way.

Mark Jones looked tough yesterday at the Woodford Duals.  If he can get in top shape I'd say he'll run through everyone else.

Houchens got thrown to his back by the Tates Creek kid this weekend at 5 star.  I don't see him beating Jones or Kelly.  I see Jones taking it all this year.

I will agree that if either Jones or Kelly catches Houchins in a throw then the match will be over, but if not they wont be able to out wrestle Houchins.

I will agree that if either Jones or Kelly catches Houchins in a throw then the match will be over, but if not they wont be able to out wrestle Houchins.

They won't have to.  I've watch Ryan for years.  They will throw him, or pummel him, or manhandle him around.  He does have better technique, but he is _so_ physically weak compared to both of them.

They won't have to.  I've watch Ryan for years.  They will throw him, or pummel him, or manhandle him around.  He does have better technique, but he is _so_ physically weak compared to both of them.

That TC kid is the only one I've heard of throwing Houchens and if either of them are not in shape he will run them into the ground.

Houchens is one I forgot about, he looks very tough.  I'd have to put my money on him.  189 might be the closest weight to call at state; 125 is close too.

I would have to disagree with that.  I dont think that any of them would win it at 215.  I also dont think that people give Nickel and Green the credit they deserve. Nickel is a returning state champ from one of the most evenly matched weight classes from last years state tournament!!  Green has alot of experience and they both have alot of big match experience and wins!!  Not to mention the return of Deon Chaney last years runner-up.  If It would be that easy then Im sure Kelly would trade his workout partner (Dials) weight classes, but facts are facts...

I would have to disagree with that.  I dont think that any of them would win it at 215.  I also dont think that people give Nickel and Green the credit they deserve. Nickel is a returning state champ from one of the most evenly matched weight classes from last years state tournament!!  Green has alot of experience and they both have alot of big match experience and wins!!  Not to mention the return of Deon Chaney last years runner-up.  If It would be that easy then Im sure Kelly would trade his workout partner (Dials) weight classes, but facts are facts...

I think Jone smight be able to hang at 215, but I don't see the other two manning up.

So who did that Houchens kid lose to this year?  He was 22-1 at Woodford.  And what is the deal with the Coaches poll and moving Deonte Wright above Kelly.  I think that Wright could cause a major upset at state.  Remember last year when he almost pinned Starks?  Starks said after the match that he should have been called pinned because he wasn't out-of-bounds. 

Just because he won it in the most evenly matched weightclass doesnt mean anything, It wasnt the hardest.  Everyone could be evenly average. Im sure it wouldnt be a problem for kelly to "man up" seeing as how he's already bigger than all the 215s. Ive never seen Houchens.

Jones, Kelly, and Houchins are the 3 three top 189, but some one the that is on the up raise is Dee Allen. I've seen him wrestle all year and he is just as Strong as Kelly, he lost one match and that was to Chris Wolf (#1 at 215 and 189 out of Tenn) by 5points. I want to see Dee, and Jones wrestle that would be a great match. :evil:

Dee is pretty sweet to watch... hes got a bad temper/attitude problem (from what he was saying at apollo)just stuff about unions guy and jones...but jones doesnt like cocky people especially so i dont think he could beat jones...but id pay to see the match!!!!

I personally think that if 215 is so easy then why would Kelly cut weight and let Dials wrestle up?  Why not him just wrestle 215 and Dials wrestle 189 and neither one of them cut weight.  Just because there is not a multiple time finalist in 215 doesnt mean that the guys that are there arent just a good as any other weight.  look at 171 from last year, none of those guys had ever been to the finals and none of them had really made a name for themselves yet, now this year im pretty sure everybody knows who Reid is.. Same could be said for 215, its just taking those top 2 or 3 guys time to make a name for themselves and people just arent seeing how good that they are.

i think its just that they are big guys and every 215 match ive seen has ended quick cept when nickels wants to work or wat not...they just dont impress people as much i think but personally i like watchin the 215 weight class ...especially our 215 but its all a matter of opinion

I personally think that if 215 is so easy then why would Kelly cut weight and let Dials wrestle up?  Why not him just wrestle 215 and Dials wrestle 189 and neither one of them cut weight.  Just because there is not a multiple time finalist in 215 doesnt mean that the guys that are there arent just a good as any other weight.  look at 171 from last year, none of those guys had ever been to the finals and none of them had really made a name for themselves yet, now this year im pretty sure everybody knows who Reid is.. Same could be said for 215, its just taking those top 2 or 3 guys time to make a name for themselves and people just arent seeing how good that they are.

now I don't know Kelly, but I think he cut this year to get a shot at Jones...but that's just me running my mouth.